Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-30-2012, 03:28 PM   #1
lucad2
2nd Gear Member

Ownership says M3S 4 door sedan

The ownership on my cars says M3S and its a 4 door sedan. The vin is correct. My insurance company never said anything as its been inspected, they've taken pictures, and I also stated it is a coupe. When I got the car impounded the police officer did not say anything about how it says 4 door on my ownership. I am not sure if I should leave it or get it corrected. I am sure it will be a pain to change.
Old 01-30-2012, 08:04 PM   #2
calegrant
6th Gear Member

What are the chances you're receiving a discount on it being a sedan vs. a coupe? I know with my Subaru's, owning a wagon instead of a sedan WRX saved me about $800 a year. I say play dumb, as long as they have the VIN correct it's an error with their system. All that information is not entered manually, it needs to conform to what the computer makes available to the person putting it in. They ****ed up.
Old 01-30-2012, 08:14 PM   #3
davericher20
black and blue

50 over charge?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINT View Post
Some people have serious track experience from the cruise, so what is fast to you, isn't fast to them.
davericher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 08:24 PM   #4
lucad2
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davericher20 View Post
50 over charge?
I did get stunt driving but it wasn't for 50 over
Old 01-30-2012, 08:26 PM   #5
lucad2
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by calegrant View Post
What are the chances you're receiving a discount on it being a sedan vs. a coupe? I know with my Subaru's, owning a wagon instead of a sedan WRX saved me about $800 a year. I say play dumb, as long as they have the VIN correct it's an error with their system. All that information is not entered manually, it needs to conform to what the computer makes available to the person putting it in. They ****ed up.
My worry is that what if it will cause me problems. I won't mind if to change everything is costs like 20 bucks but what if I have to pay like 500 or something crazy like that.
Old 01-30-2012, 08:31 PM   #6
davericher20
black and blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucad2 View Post
I did get stunt driving but it wasn't for 50 over
Shi tty

Care to share?

I'm with Calegrant, but a part of me says if an insurance company can find a way to f- you over when you need them the most, they will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINT View Post
Some people have serious track experience from the cruise, so what is fast to you, isn't fast to them.
davericher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 09:58 PM   #7
calegrant
6th Gear Member

Yea there are a lot of things you imply agreeing to even over the phone when you set up insurance that they can hold against you, but in this case I say risk it. The vin is correct which is what really matters, and there is no such thing as a 4 door e46 m3 so even if they tried to hold you liable they are try to do so with a model of car that doesn't even exist and will look like idiots if it ever came down to it. Call in from someone else's phone, give your history and get a quote for a proper m3. I imagine you are getting some sort of discount based on the style of vehicle. Only problem is if in the future they find they've ****ed up, expect a bill in the mail.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:14 PM   #8
5style
Hatters gon Hatt

Quote:
Yea there are a lot of things you imply agreeing to even over the phone when you set up insurance that they can hold against you, but in this case I say risk it. The vin is correct which is what really matters, and there is no such thing as a 4 door e46 m3 so even if they tried to hold you liable they are try to do so with a model of car that doesn't even exist and will look like idiots if it ever came down to it. Call in from someone else's phone, give your history and get a quote for a proper m3. I imagine you are getting some sort of discount based on the style of vehicle. Only problem is if in the future they find they've ****ed up, expect a bill in the mail.
They can't back bill you ,can they? Its not like he entered anything wrong, its their %?&* up.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:25 PM   #9
lucad2
2nd Gear Member

Quote:

The previous owner's ownership said 4 door also. When my insurance company asked for the car to be inspected the guy took pictures of the whole car, and also on the forum he sent to the insurance company with the pictures he had to state if it was a sedan or coupe. Now someone has to work for the insurance company has to have noticed that that car is intact not a sedan espessily after seeing pictures. I don't think I am getting a discount as my insurance quote went up 400$ when I gave them my my vin number. I'm thinking of calling the MTO tomorrow not giving any of my information but just asking what the cost is to get it changed. Will my insurance company send me a bill after they see it turned into a coupe? This is just a headache
Old 01-30-2012, 11:22 PM   #10
Bimmer Heaven
MaXsponsor

Make sure to get it fixed; if you get pulled over, it would look very suspecious to the police, and give them a reason to waste your time. Lots of people out there driving stolen cars and not knowing about it.
Most models E30 E36 E46 E90 E92 E93 E34 E39 E60 E32 E38 E65 E66 X3 X5 M3 M5 Z4

Etobicoke location opening SOON!!!!

Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578
New inventory daily. 50+ cars in stock!
Bimmer Heaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 12:06 AM   #11
lucad2
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurostyle View Post
Make sure to get it fixed; if you get pulled over, it would look very suspecious to the police, and give them a reason to waste your time. Lots of people out there driving stolen cars and not knowing about it.
Thats what I don't understand, I have been pulled over twice and no cops said anything about it
Old 01-31-2012, 12:13 AM   #12
lucad2
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davericher20 View Post
Shi tty

Care to share?

I'm with Calegrant, but a part of me says if an insurance company can find a way to f- you over when you need them the most, they will.

My 2 friends and i were going in and out of lanes on the 400 and apparently we were "racing" We did not exceed 50km/h over. It was a pretty cool night as their was about 5 cop cars and since the third guy went south instead of getting off at the exit they got out a helicopter. They eventually found him and all 3 of us got stunt driving, cars impounded and stunt driving for seven days. Since all 3 of us had nice cars we made friends with the tow truck drivers who were nice enough to park our cars away from the other cars in the impound lot. I am not proud of this incident and defiantly have learned my lesson.
Old 01-31-2012, 08:02 AM   #13
325isdan
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucad2 View Post
Thats what I don't understand, I have been pulled over twice and no cops said anything about it
Just because no one has said anything yet doesn't mean they can't. IT is your responsibility to ensure your documents are accurate. Doesn't matter who has made the mistake.
325isdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:13 AM   #14
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

wish I had rich parents
Old 01-31-2012, 12:37 PM   #15
noodles101
ΛΦΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurostyle View Post
+1 THIS.

im guessing if they screwed up on your ownership, the person working at service ontario screwed up on your ownership paper.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: