Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-31-2012, 07:16 PM   #31
2bmw2
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINT View Post
Mark has excellent tunes for OBD1 Cars, probably best on the market, his 97-98 540i tune is also very good, but for E36, E46 say 328's and 330's his tune is useless, it's about 300$ and it does pretty much f@ck@ll. We have dynoed several 330ci's with his tune and it shows mid range power increase by roughly 2-3hp. Up top there was no increase at all. I know most of us want the power up top if you got cams or other small mods, in this case you have to go with Turner, Jim confronti tunes, their power band is more less closer to the top.

Don't be expecting 25hp from a chip/tune no matter what company you use, even custom tuning, not gonna happen unless you have other things done to complement the tune, such as more fuel, larger throttle body(s), headers, etc.
Whose cars did you dyno? He has tunes that work well on just about any BMW, including the E46 M3 and all the latest turbo cars. have you even checked the tune he has for the S52 wiith cams designed by Paul Burke?

It turned out that a few E36's and early E46's were done and the tune actually didn't get flashed, this happened on cars which have both a round ADS interface and the OBD-2 interface. Those cars must be flashed over the ADS interface. I bet you have tested one of those cars that didn't come in for a reflash via the ADS connector.

Last edited by 2bmw2; 01-31-2012 at 07:27 PM.
2bmw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 12:56 PM   #32
JINT
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bmw2 View Post
Whose cars did you dyno? He has tunes that work well on just about any BMW, including the E46 M3 and all the latest turbo cars. have you even checked the tune he has for the S52 wiith cams designed by Paul Burke?

It turned out that a few E36's and early E46's were done and the tune actually didn't get flashed, this happened on cars which have both a round ADS interface and the OBD-2 interface. Those cars must be flashed over the ADS interface. I bet you have tested one of those cars that didn't come in for a reflash via the ADS connector.
yeah that could be the case, one of the cars was a 2000 330ci, this was the car that the owner was very unhappy with the tune because the car became slower than it was prior to the tune.
Old 02-04-2012, 08:50 PM   #33
2bmw2
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINT View Post
yeah that could be the case, one of the cars was a 2000 330ci, this was the car that the owner was very unhappy with the tune because the car became slower than it was prior to the tune.
I wonder if that owner contacted MarkD. He should have. Tell him to call MarkD and I'm sure his problem will be solved.
Old 02-04-2012, 09:07 PM   #34
1bmw1
3rd Gear Member

Quote:

Wow, you sure know a lot about flashing...almost as if you're Mark D himself! Don't take people as fools here. Who would make up an alias username "2bmw2" just to protect MarkD's name. Great business ethics!

Last edited by 1bmw1; 02-04-2012 at 09:10 PM.
1bmw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 01:13 AM   #35
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
Paul @ splitfire can tune lots of aftermarket management systems. Last time i was there he actually took the time to teach me some shit too. I dont think he tunes stock ECU's though.

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 03:06 AM   #36
BMW Rated
Knowledge is power!

I've heard good things about Magnus Motorsports but I have no personal experience with them in terms of tuning, but you can give them a call after all that won't cost you anything to get information. Magnus Motosports 905.669.8400 Website: http://magnusmotorsports.com/
BMW Rated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 02:08 PM   #37
2bmw2
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bmw1 View Post
Wow, you sure know a lot about flashing...almost as if you're Mark D himself! Don't take people as fools here. Who would make up an alias username "2bmw2" just to protect MarkD's name. Great business ethics!
What's there to know about flashing? Any monkey with a $50 clone tool and hacked tools found on the internet can do it!

But what do you know about MarkD? You seem to talk like you know all about him like you two were old friends!
Old 02-05-2012, 02:29 PM   #38
JINT
5th Gear Member

Quote:
What's there to know about flashing? Any monkey with a $50 clone tool and hacked tools found on the internet can do it!

But what do you know about MarkD? You seem to talk like you know all about him like you two were old friends!
actually you seem to talk about mark D as if you are the godfather of his kids
Old 02-05-2012, 06:45 PM   #39
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Quote:
Maybe 25 years ago on E30's. I wouldn't bother otherwise.
If Mark didn't know what he was doing I can't imagine people from other countries would ask him to help tune their cars remotely. But they do. Also, he loaded one of his tunes into my fathers E39 M5 and it really woke the car up, it was noticeably better than the Dinan software that was in it.

Quote:
I've heard one too many discouraging stories from his non-dyno, on the spot "tunes" on newer post E36 models. His lack of professionalism, and racist remarks over the past few years would make anyone shy away from his business. Anyways i'm not here to bash on a company. I made my opinion, and my suggestion, and anyone can take it for how they like.
I've spoken with Mark in person a few times over the past couple years and he was nothing but professional. When I got my chip from him he met me on a Saturday afternoon, he installed the chip for me, and let me drive my car around for a while to see how I liked it, if I didn't like it he'd put my stock chip back in. Even after I bought the chip he told me that if I wanted to upgrade to the 93 octane chip to let him know and he'd take back the 91 octane chip and give me a 93 octane chip free of charge.
Old 02-05-2012, 09:13 PM   #40
1bmw1
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Ride View Post
If Mark didn't know what he was doing I can't imagine people from other countries would ask him to help tune their cars remotely. But they do. Also, he loaded one of his tunes into my fathers E39 M5 and it really woke the car up, it was noticeably better than the Dinan software that was in it.

I've spoken with Mark in person a few times over the past couple years and he was nothing but professional. When I got my chip from him he met me on a Saturday afternoon, he installed the chip for me, and let me drive my car around for a while to see how I liked it, if I didn't like it he'd put my stock chip back in. Even after I bought the chip he told me that if I wanted to upgrade to the 93 octane chip to let him know and he'd take back the 91 octane chip and give me a 93 octane chip free of charge.
Glad it worked out for you. Myself and MANY other E90 guys wouldn't risk our cars with his "tunes".

In my opinion, "2bmw2" should be banned by the mods instead of allowing MarkD to undermine the members by making up alias usernames for himself. Again, poor professionality and poor business ethics. Doesn't care about anyone or anything but himself.
Old 02-06-2012, 09:21 AM   #41
2bmw2
Banned

Quote:
Glad it worked out for you. Myself and MANY other E90 guys wouldn't risk our cars with his "tunes".
The fact is, there are many happy N54 owners in Toronto running his tunes, and you won't find a single one who is unhappy. You are probably complaining because you can't get it on a group buy for $400 like all the other "deals" the e90 guys look for.
Old 02-06-2012, 10:24 AM   #42
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Quote:
Care to elaborate? What is it about a MarkD E90 tune that's riskier than tunes from other businesses?
Old 02-06-2012, 11:24 AM   #43
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

why do threads with Mark D always turn into this?

it never fails. everytime.
Old 02-06-2012, 01:04 PM   #44
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiR View Post
why do threads with Mark D always turn into this?

it never fails. everytime.
It beats me. Some people seem to have a beef with him but they never fully substantiate why that is.
Old 02-06-2012, 02:03 PM   #45
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

Quote:
The fact is, there are many happy N54 owners in Toronto running his tunes, and you won't find a single one who is unhappy. You are probably complaining because you can't get it on a group buy for $400 like all the other "deals" the e90 guys look for.
Not all E90 guys are cheap, how you're making it out to be.

By the way guys, I am hosting a sale on many products...which include software. Check it out here

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: