Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-14-2012, 11:25 AM   #16
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one

Paypal always takes the buyers side, but never closes your account. Ever. Dont worry about it, dont waste your time. He will never do the steps required to sue you here.

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
Fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 11:50 AM   #17
twboy1999
5th Gear Member

tell him to sue you

waste his time for couple of hundred bucks

he can go f himself
Old 01-16-2012, 02:35 PM   #18
ericdalinda
6th Gear Member

hello (unsatisfied customers name),

here at our electronics company we hold customer service and customer satisfication as number one priority. we have reviewed your file and decided that our electronics company will proceed with legal action in ohio. We have already taken the necassary steps in order to prepare for litigation, as well (company name) believes we have sufficient evidence to prove that every step was taken by our company in order to leave you satisfied.

done and done
ericdalinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 03:09 PM   #19
Colombian
2nd Gear Newbie

this guy is probably self employed.. thats why he is wants legal services reinbursed !! what a joke !
Colombian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 08:20 PM   #20
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?

-
hmm. as some have said; you'd recieve notification of a court date if he did file...

he also made a claim against you on paypal before talking with you about the item & still has the item?? technically he owes you returned refunded equipment.

Contact the Bar or law society or whatever for lawyers in that state complain to them..maybe they look at him & see alot of bs & he loses his law license?

also you could email the FBI internet fruad division? cause it seem 'fruadulent'
Old 01-17-2012, 08:43 PM   #21
Blackedout95
5th Gear Member

He scammed you out of your product and now is trying to scam further for cash. If anything you are getting a nice case against him, perhaps contact his bar and file a complaint outlining his tactics to defraud. Send that in an email and see if he bothers you further, he has now harrassed and defrauded you. In fact ask for immediate return of your product or you will be adding theft to the charge.Time to turn the tables on the jerk!

btw here is a good place to start

http://www.supremecourt.ohio.gov/Dis...dc/default.asp

And more directly...

http://www.supremecourt.ohio.gov/Dis.../complaint.asp

Last edited by Blackedout95; 01-17-2012 at 08:54 PM.
Blackedout95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 12:26 AM   #22
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
no. no. no. no.

Dont do any of the silly things people are telling you to do in this thread. Ignore him. As someone who sells online and deals with ****heads like this regularly, trust me, its the right thing to do. (Unless a subpeona arrives at your door. In which case i'll buy you a beer. Or a 333sp. Or a unicorn.)

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
Fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 03:46 PM   #23
5style
Hatters gon Hatt

CALL PAYPAL, TALK TO THEM, tell them you didn't get the goods back , and you are being scammed, which you are. DO NOT EMAIL, CALL, trust me they will take care of you. I almost lost 2000$ over three transactions, guess what? I won. They do not respond to emails, they do however have excellent real time service for sellers provided you CALL THEM.

As for lawyerdouche, ignore.

I ll give you a short story.

11 months ago, yes, 11 MONTHS AGO, i sold a cpu upgrade for a computer. I bought it retail @ 800$, had it for 3-4 years, posted on ebay. It sold for $460, current going price. This upgrade needed cooling upgrades, power upgrades and hardware swaps for compatibility. I get a message through ebay 11 MONTHS later saying the upgrade is not a dual 1.8ghz its a 1.6ghz upgrade and they want a refund.

I called up the newertech, got my ORIGINAL invoicing with serial numbers, I had pics with the cpus serials and sent the following emails.

At first I reexplained all the mods that need to be done for it to be stable.

That got ignored and they want a refund.

Second I asked what they did to make it work

Ignored , refund

Third, I said look, i have all the original invoicing, serial numbers including macro pics of the upgrade, and proof it is a dual 1.8ghz.

No response.

Silence since. So, ignore this douchebag, and don't stress. Call paypal, and ask them to reverse the refund unless he sends back the goods. DONE.

Last edited by 5style; 01-25-2012 at 03:53 PM.
5style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 05:45 PM   #24
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?

-
on the subject of snakelike lawyers

Quote:
ACS Law Founder Found Guilty on All Charges

January 20th,2012

Andrew Crossley, the sole solicitor of the anti-piracy firm ACS Law, was suspended from practice for 2 years and charged penalties of over £70,000 in a well-known file-sharing case called by many “commercial invoicing theme”. That’s where the anti-piracy lawyers threatened thousands of people all over the country by accusing them of piracy and promising to take them to court unless they pay off.

London’s Solicitor Disciplinary Tribunal has finally reached this verdict over the less orthodox methods practiced by Andrew Crossley’s company. These methods included sending out threatening letters to suspected pirates on behalf of an adult content copyrights company, demanding for hundreds of pounds in exchange for avoiding the shame of being brought to the court of law and sued for thousands of pounds.

However, there were actually no full trials, because Crossley has successfully shut down all seventeen cases that made their way to the court. Crossley’s official site was attacked on the Internet, and his e-mails leaked, causing a charge of £200,000 from the Information Commissioner’s Office. Nevertheless, after Andrew Crossley claimed he couldn’t pay that amount of money, the charges dropped to only £800, regardless of proofs of his luxurious lifestyle.

The Solicitor’s Regulatory Authority has followed a complaint and built a case against Andrew Crossley and his ACS Law on 7 charges. Although Crossley did admit on 6 of the charges, he kept denying the seventh – the one talking about the information breach. As a result, Andrew Crossley was found guilty on all charges by the Solicitor Disciplinary Tribunal panel, and charged over £76,000.

http://extratorrent.com/article/1890...l+charges.html
Old 01-26-2012, 10:54 AM   #25
c.my.m3
1st Gear Newbie

Not trying to knock anyone who posted on this, but I have some experience in dealing with matters like yours (OP) and some of the comments are not necessarily the best advice, ignorance is not bliss when you are forced to see it someone elses way...

Most importantly, in consumer laws, it is where the transaction was consummated that matters, that is the first aspect of where someone can sue. This does not mean he cannot sue in Ohio, because he can...but you have to prove that the transaction occurred in Canada, meaning it is governed by the laws of this province only, you should add this to your on-line terms and conditions. There is only one loop hole he can use around this and it is below:

Did you include shipping at no charge in the price of the product sold? I hope not, because if you did...the comment above becomes null and void because now you have consummated the transaction in Ohio and by doing so are privy to their specific consumer laws and he can sue you & can win. Once accomplished, he can petition the court to impose an asset undertaking whereas the courts will order your Canadian bank to freeze your account, it comes to the bank via fax or letter. The bank will lock it up and if monies are in the account the courts can order a "withdraw owed" to him...whatever that maybe...

Typically a douchery lawyer as you describe will jack his rates to make it worth his while as an FYI. It is not the $240 to think about, that's nothing compared to what he can charge you per hour...

If on your invoice it shows the product price, then shipping seperate in which he paid, then you are ok...Just ensure that if he does sue you and you are served with paperwork that you deal with the matter by ensuring the courts understand that the transactions occurred in Canada and he must sue you here and here only.

Good luck...doubt much will come of this but hey you never know...for future reference on-line selling, never promote free shipping or shipping included, discount the product price down and charge the shipping out as a different line item on the invoice. That way it shows that the product was paid for here and stays here until the shipping is paid and then it can go to the end user (buyer).
Old 01-26-2012, 11:28 AM   #26
BigD
the misanthropist

Quote:
Originally Posted by c.my.m3 View Post
the courts will order your Canadian bank to freeze your account, it comes to the bank via fax or letter. The bank will lock it up and if monies are in the account the courts can order a "withdraw owed" to him...whatever that maybe...
Sorry but while I'm no expert, there's no way I can believe this. No way a bank will freeze assets or turn over a client's money based on a fax from somewhere. Surely it has to come from local authorities, via legal document. And I have a lesser but still difficult time believing that a local court or police will just happily do the bidding of some bunghole nowhere Ohio court ruling.
Old 01-26-2012, 04:45 PM   #27
ericdalinda
6th Gear Member

I worked in financial services for a Majour Canadian bank and have never seen a hold initiated by a US court.
ericdalinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 06:32 PM   #28
sirex
King Sirex

lol @ a hold from a US court.
Old 01-26-2012, 06:56 PM   #29
c.my.m3
1st Gear Newbie

The letter comes through the legal system, court approved...and yes via fax or letter to the bank...why are you so surprised? Ever seen how the Canadian government freezes a bank account? Same way...

But you don't half to believe in it...

Edit...oh I see, you guys thought I meant the US court orders it...no, the US court petitions through the Canadian legal system to gain access. A Canadian court actually imposes it and makes judgement, without your consent. and it's no BS, it happens...

Last edited by c.my.m3; 01-26-2012 at 07:00 PM.
c.my.m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 07:23 PM   #30
BigD
the misanthropist

Quote:
Originally Posted by c.my.m3 View Post
Edit...oh I see, you guys thought I meant the US court orders it...no, the US court petitions through the Canadian legal system to gain access. A Canadian court actually imposes it and makes judgement, without your consent. and it's no BS, it happens...
Gotcha, you made it sound like a letter from a US court will freeze assets in Canada.

But seriously, how likely would the Canadian court system is to bother with an order to freeze a few thousand dollars (or better yet, the US court bother to actually make this petition and not tell the guy to hire a collection agency)? It takes eons to get a local case resolved. Maybe if it was some big drug dealer with millions in Canada but a small claims dispute? Again, not a lawyer here but given what I've observed in the Canadian legal system, this sounds like a what if you got hit by lightning type hypothetical.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: