Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Multimedia > Rides
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-06-2012, 12:30 PM   #61
sproule905
6th Gear Member

Where are the DYNO results??

sproule905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 03:45 PM   #62
98bimmer
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sproule905 View Post
Where are the DYNO results??
He said he got played dude, nice car btw!
98bimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 03:58 PM   #63
momax_powers
2nd Gear Member

thanks...i do wanna get it dynoed though but i dont really kno where to go thats less costly
Old 01-09-2012, 08:28 AM   #64
sproule905
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98bimmer View Post
He said he got played dude, nice car btw!
Oh I know he did. Just want to make sure my M is safe next year on the roads.

sproule905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 12:06 AM   #65
momax_powers
2nd Gear Member

pretty sure you wont have any problems from me haha
Old 01-20-2012, 11:41 PM   #66
OVERKILL
2nd Gear Member

momax:

I'm new here too and was just reading through your thread.

A few things:

I'm thinking the guy you raced in the "M5" was also driving the same style of "M5" you are driving, if you catch my drift Fake badges aren't cool but it appears you were sort of double-had there. Which sucks.

I like a lot of the suggestions in this thread regarding the direction you should go with your car. I like a "clean" look, and it sounds like others here do as well.

There isn't a snowball's chance in hell that the car dyno'd 368HP. Maybe 268HP? For an engine that made less than 300HP flywheel stock, even that is being INSANELY generous. Regardless, if you are looking for a dyno, there's a place called Dragonwerks that has a Mustang dyno (very good type of dyno) that I've used in the past. They are also reasonably priced: http://www.dragonwerks.ca/

We'll be running a Fox up there in the summer with an H/C/I 302.

IMHO, you should take the car and run it, at least find out where you stand with it power-wise. The guy that runs the shop is nice, you'll get SAE NET RWHP data, which is generally regarded as being quite accurate and Mustang dyno's aren't "generous", so you aren't going to get inflated figures either.

Anyway, nice to meet you and maybe we'll see each other at at meet in the summer.
Old 01-20-2012, 11:47 PM   #67
momax_powers
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVERKILL View Post
momax:

I'm new here too and was just reading through your thread.

A few things:

I'm thinking the guy you raced in the "M5" was also driving the same style of "M5" you are driving, if you catch my drift Fake badges aren't cool but it appears you were sort of double-had there. Which sucks.

I like a lot of the suggestions in this thread regarding the direction you should go with your car. I like a "clean" look, and it sounds like others here do as well.

There isn't a snowball's chance in hell that the car dyno'd 368HP. Maybe 268HP? For an engine that made less than 300HP flywheel stock, even that is being INSANELY generous. Regardless, if you are looking for a dyno, there's a place called Dragonwerks that has a Mustang dyno (very good type of dyno) that I've used in the past. They are also reasonably priced: http://www.dragonwerks.ca/

We'll be running a Fox up there in the summer with an H/C/I 302.

IMHO, you should take the car and run it, at least find out where you stand with it power-wise. The guy that runs the shop is nice, you'll get SAE NET RWHP data, which is generally regarded as being quite accurate and Mustang dyno's aren't "generous", so you aren't going to get inflated figures either.

Anyway, nice to meet you and maybe we'll see each other at at meet in the summer.
ya man for sure we'll see each other at a meet and definitely i want to get the dynoed to see what I actually have
Old 01-20-2012, 11:57 PM   #68
OVERKILL
2nd Gear Member

Then give 'em a call
Old 02-12-2012, 07:37 AM   #69
iverson03tj
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by momax_powers View Post
Yea i think i was taken for a ride, jus wanted to see from people with bmw experience with regards to how badly i was taken hence the thread...this was the first bmw i bought with no knowledge of the automaker besides most auto reviews saying this is one the best sedans to ever come from BMW...the car is in beautiful condition inside and out not a single scratch and the dash and seating looks and works like new and drives as smooth as a new car from the factory with lots of power when you hit it. I pretty much listed what the seller told and showed me through reciepts and pictures but anything can be faked or duplicated i guess. I bought it for 7200 and surprisingly had an offer for 9 but i still enjoy the car very much so and want to make it a project car and learn more about it. I Personally got it safety'd with no problems and Drove the car about 2000km so far with no surprises so i do believe i at least got a well maintained, well took care of vehicle. The previous owner was a man in his 60's who when i bought the car had a customized corvette and lexus ISF in his driveway which blindly led me to believe what he was telling me. I thank all those who called out everything and even those who were trying to be nice. I hope to interact with you guys some more and maybe someday that number will be true. In the meantime can someone suggest a shop i can goto to find whats really under the hood.
thanks
I lol'd at this thread! great way to start a day! Your right the 540 is an amazing piece of machinery! i drove the 540 with the 6-speed and felt my balls drop! car looks really clean! and u got it for a good price, i would get the car checked by someone who knows e39's cuz you really dont know how badly the PO lied... n i hope u know were all just here to help... well most of us
e36 328is - (m52)AA S/c'd, M50 Mani, 3.23 LSD, M3 Brakes, Zimmer rotors, hps pads, Racing Dynamic Strut Bar, Depos, m3 Bumper, Intake, Spal fan, poly RTABs, Eibach Swaybars, Koni yellow, Mishimoto Rad, Silicone hose, Alumi T-housing, Depo w/LED Angels, LED tails, 12' Alpine Type R, Suede head liner, LTW Low rise spoiler
PREVIOUS CARS
92' 325is (m52) - M3 conversion AA S/c'd
'97 Euro Estroil E36 M3 Vert (S50B32)
iverson03tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 01:47 PM   #70
momax_powers
2nd Gear Member

yeah i took i took to some bmw experts and they told me its pretty much stock. They also said theres a newer motor in it and the car has been kept very well maintained and i shouldn't worry about any problems arising. You live and you learn i guess but at least this way i can do it up the way i want. By the start of the summer it will look a lot different.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: