Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-14-2011, 10:57 AM   #16
///Maluco
5erholic

^^^winner

\thread

Bimmer Mag......................October 2010.....................Issue No. 93
///Maluco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 11:13 AM   #17
Jim .E.
E90 n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckder View Post
The guy next to me parks 4 vehicals on there drive way, and have never had a ticket.

They park two side by side in front of garage, one at the rear bumper of those, going parrallel with the sidewalk. Than another between sidewalk and road.

Im sure theres more to the story than told, he probably went on a rampage on every of parking enforcment he catches, so they do it just because they can.
we park ours the same way [1 in garage, 2 driveway, 1 parallel to sidewalk at the end] and only had one ticket which i paid off cause it was my fault (front bumper blocking sidewalk, rear bumper in the roadway).
Jim .E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 04:31 PM   #18
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?

meanwhile in ottawa:

Quote:
The City of Ottawa has thousands of dollars in unpaid parking tickets on the books.

So far this year, the city has billed $26,000 to property tax accounts for unpaid parking fines — and they expect to add more.

An additional $298,000 has been billed for provincial act offences, which includes highway traffic incidents.

Last year, Ottawa piloted new powers that allow them to tag unpaid tickets to property tax bills.

"Some people think that if you wait long enough we're going to forget and you don't have to pay those fines. The reality is, these fines don't go away," said city deputy treasurer Ken Hughes.

"There's only one way they can expire and that's death."

While Hughes said the vast majority of people pay their fines, there are a small percentage who do not. Every year, city officials assume they will receive about $13 million in parking fine revenue.

Collected fines go into a general revenue for the city.

"The whole purpose of tickets is not get money, it's to enforce the laws," said Hughes.

The city doles out tens of thousands of tickets and counts on millions in parking ticket revenue each year Ń $17 million in the 2011 budget.

Another $13.6 million is budgeted this year for fines under the Provincial Offences Act.

They city can force people to pay, including wage garnishment and in extreme cases of unpaid tax bills, eventually selling property.

While renters do not have property bills to tag fines to, city officials have other methods of enforcement: They can drain bank accounts to collect their cash.

The more current the fine is, the greater the likelihood the city will collect the fees, say officials, but there are people who spend years dodging fines. In Ottawa there are $57.4 million in unpaid parking fines dating back to 1972.

The Ontario Good Government Act, which received royal assent last year, gave municipalities the power to add unpaid fines to property tax bills.

The new laws also allow the city to collect any outstanding fines under the Provincial Offences Act.

video & must read comments:
http://www.ottawasun.com/2011/12/06/...-parking-fines
$13mill+ a year in tickets! ottawa has a population of just under 1 million? so thats $13 bux per resident - spread out.

I personally would pay $50 a year to be exempt from most parking & low grade traffic violations..I bet half the city would happily pay
Old 12-14-2011, 04:55 PM   #19
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmdbley'sBro View Post
I personally would pay $50 a year to be exempt from most parking & low grade traffic violations..I bet half the city would happily pay
Then you'll have everyone breaking the law....

Sounds like you need to go live in a third world country the way you complain about the government.

You don't like how the country is run, LEAVE.
Old 12-14-2011, 05:25 PM   #20
calegrant
6th Gear Member

How about condo's in cities these days come without a parking spot included? By the logic of these ignorant folk, you should be allowed to park in the street because you chose to live somewhere that wouldn't accommodate your means.
Old 12-14-2011, 05:33 PM   #21
damameke
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Dot_E30 View Post

Sounds like you need to go live in a third world country the way you complain about the government.

ya LEAVE.....

you dont know how good living in Canada is until you look from the outside...
damameke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 12:43 AM   #22
ChrisTO
∞ Gear Member

^ i'm with you. no one forces us to stay here. go live in a country where you are forced to join the army. where you can't leave the country on your own free will.

i always like the protesting pictorial showing protesters in other parts of the world vs the vancouver riot over a losing hockey team. we are so messed up in our views.
Old 12-15-2011, 11:16 AM   #23
5style
Hatters gon Hatt

Quote:

well.... the system could use a revamp, but no use whining about it, especially in this thread because these guys should of learnt their lesson
Old 12-15-2011, 01:31 PM   #24
bmdbley'sBro

Quote:

LOL i'd waste key strokes ...but wearing brown shirts somehow has a muting effect of reading comprehension & reason..

the cities are for profit corporations. making a quick stop at an empty 3 way inersection at night is not 'breaking a law' & would not meet mens rea and actus reus. and certainly shouldn't cost $300 bux or whatever! it is violating bi-laws, acts & statutes

and all i was proposing is that many would happily contribute to being immune to such minor 'offences' that are primarily enforced soley for revenue generation - this would allow those corporations to then LAY OFF many of those lil cash extractors! think of the money they'd save not having to pay all those pensions

Quote:
ben addison made this Freedom of Information request to Ministry of Justice

-----
15 September 2009
Dear Sir or Madam,

please can you supply me with information on the point wereby it
was first decided that statute law superceded common law, whether
this is a statute, case precedent, or any other form of
documentation.
many thanks

Yours faithfully,

Benjamin addison

-
5 December 2009
Dear Mr Pencil,

I am sorry to trouble you further but i feel the question was not
answered. As far as my understanding goes common law was used
before statute law was invented, therefore common law was once the
supreme law of Britain. With the invention of statute law it did
not hold supremacy over common law at first, this was a later
adjustment. For this reason i wish to know if there is a copy of
the common law, statute law or any other documents that show the
transfer of supremacy.

Failing that can you please explain the process and how it happened

Yours sincerely,

ben addison

http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/statute_law
-

Quote:
Driving IS YOUR RIGHT. Free Use of Public Highways IS YOUR RIGHT.

These are absolute truths without question, held up by courts in Canada and the USA, and fully recognized (albeit not publicly) by police forces everywhere.
Every citizen and peace officer should read this page completely. TO TRAVEL IS A "RIGHT," NOT A GOVERNMENT GRANTED "PRIVILEGE", and use of your private automobile on public roads and highways CANNOT be regulated, taxed, restricted or constrained in any way whatsoever whether it be via police roadchecks and traffic stops or by use of such schemes as "mandatory" insurance, registration, driver licensing (contracts), etc.

READ CAREFULLY

"The Right of the Citizen to travel upon the public highways and to transport his property thereon, either by horse drawn carriage or by automobile, is not a mere privilege which a city can prohibit or permit at will, but a common Right which he has under the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness." - Thompson vs. Smith, 154 SE 579.

From the day of the signing of the Magna Carta (the day of the horse and buggy) highways are free to the public. New rights can be granted, but existing rights can not be taken away (this is a basic principle of common law).

The Charter of Rights was introduced in 1982. Until then the court relied on the common law (laws inherited from Britain).

• The Charter doesn’t override previous rights.

http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/charter/26. The guarantee in this Charter of certain rights and freedoms shall not be construed as denying the existence of any other rights or freedoms that exist in Canada. (Comment in margin: “Other rights and freedoms not affected by Charter”)

The Common Law:
• Magna Carta – was signed in 1215 when people placed a knife to the throat of King John
• English Bill of Rights
• Absolute Right of Bail
• Assize of Arms

Deceased MP Stanley Knowles declared in the House of Commons about the Common Law:
“It consists of a number of statues, some of them Canadian, some of them pre-1867, some since 1867. After all, Magna Carta, the Bill of Rights of 1688 and many other statues are in effect part of the constitution of Canada”.

Examples of Inalienable Rights
• Personal security. • Personal liberty.
• Right to own and enjoyment of personal property.

The government doesn’t own the highways.
• The government holds the highways in trust for the people.
(Example: a trustee is holding your money, but has no jurisdiction to spend it without your consent, even if he thinks it’s in your best interest).
• The rules of Traffic Acts are there to regulate the use of highways in the public’s interest.
But not to destroy your rights to use them.
• Traveling on public highway in your car is a right not a privilege.

Fees
• An execution of a right can not be charged a fee.
• Insurance fees can not be mandatory. Advice: Use identification plates for cars that are not tied with insurance .
• Historical note: when insurance was first introduced rates were low. In Manitoba, in past 10 years, motorcycle insurance went up over 288%. The amount of motor-cyclists went down from 20,000 to 5,000.
Other types of unlawful fees are: parking fees, speeding tickets, charges for registration and renewal of a driver license (they are there to raise revenue for police).

A "DRIVER" is defined in the National Safety Code - the Federal regulations governing commercial operations on Canada's highways - as: "A DRIVER is a person who drives a commercial vehicle".

http://driving.justincredible.me/
-
Old 12-15-2011, 02:14 PM   #25
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

Quote:
and all i was proposing is that many would happily contribute to being immune to such minor 'offences' that are primarily enforced soley for revenue generation - this would allow those corporations to then LAY OFF many of those lil cash extractors! think of the money they'd save not having to pay all those pensions
Any what I am saying is that if you have everyone paying to be immune to such 'minor' offences, then the streets would be ciaos and then you'll have ppl parking everywhere they please....How does that solve the problem? It doesn't, it creates a bigger one.

Quote:
"Where would be if we didn't have rules?"
"FRANCE!"
"And where would we be if we had too many rules?"
"GERMANY!"
90% of parking tickets are a lot less than $300. You're over exaggeration to prove your dumbass point of view...

Quote:
Driving IS YOUR RIGHT. Free Use of Public Highways IS YOUR RIGHT.
hahaha goodluck with that one...

Last edited by T.Dot_E30; 12-15-2011 at 02:25 PM.
T.Dot_E30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 02:26 PM   #26
bmdbley'sBro

Quote:
90% of parking tickets are a lot less than $300. You're over exaggeration to prove your dumbass point of view...
see what i was saying about reading comp mofo's

Quote:
Any what I am saying is that if you have everyone paying to be immune to such 'minor' offences, then the streets would be ciaos and then you'll have ppl parking everywhere they please....How does that solve the problem? It doesn't, it creates a bigger one.
sigh. No. im talking about: meter is 15 minutes expired - no full retard ticket.
make a rolling stop at an Empty 3 way stop in residentail with Epic visibilty - no 2point, $300bux whatever Bs.

if you cause accidents or park in handicapped or firelanes you should still be ticketed.. these are just a few examples of the contractual framework that could be laid out..

cause we all know its not about safety, we all know factually there is Quotas! the city of gatineau sued its striking (work to rule) police force for 'non performance' because they were not writting enough tickets...

-
and back to the orig topic. that city is ticketing that family with prejudice for parking they zoned & ok'd. so how can they not park even a Small car in their own driveway without recieving tickets
Old 12-15-2011, 04:49 PM   #27
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

Quote:
see what i was saying about reading comp mofo's
The topic is parking tickets...

Quote:
sigh. No. im talking about: meter is 15 minutes expired - no full retard ticket.
make a rolling stop at an Empty 3 way stop in residentail with Epic visibilty - no 2point, $300bux whatever Bs.
Goodluck trying to fight a ticket like that in court.
You can't choose when you want to follow a law...

If a tree falls and no one is there to hear it, does it make a sound?
Old 12-15-2011, 07:24 PM   #28
sirex
King Sirex

Quote:

If a tree falls and no one is there to hear it, does it make a sound?
heavily debated
Old 12-17-2011, 10:42 AM   #29
bmdbley'sBro

Quote:
The topic is parking tickets...
by what e-authority do you pertain to control & dictate my conversation?

now its about:

The police in Canada can NOT arbitrarily stop people and ask for their ID

Ontario Ombudsman André Marin knows that the police in Canada can NOT arbitrarily stop people and ask for their ID (but they do often)

From: Caught in the Act: Ontario Ombudsman's report on G20 regulation. News conference, Dec. 2010 (2/2)

Quote:
You can't choose when you want to follow a law...
cops do daily

Last edited by bmdbley'sBro; 12-17-2011 at 10:45 AM.
bmdbley'sBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 03:34 PM   #30
calegrant
6th Gear Member

Do you ever keep a thread on topic or are you so full of random bullshit that you you're taking it easy on us and not making a half dozen threads a day?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: