Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-15-2011, 12:07 PM   #46
Dr. Flyview
Formerly Flav_cool

Send a message via MSN to Dr. Flyview

Quote:
Originally Posted by calegrant View Post
People who care about what our future generations are going to have to deal with? Your attitude is a joke, as are you for having that kind of approach to something which does affect us all.

Your comparison of the last ice age to human induced climate change tells me you know absolutely nothing on the subject and are merely hoping the technology you hold so dear will provide a safety net for what will occur if we keep going down the path we are.
Easy, tiger. Read everything I said. Sure, I care about future generations, but I don't think humans overall are smart enough or quick enough to change at this point.

My main point is that climatic changes of large magnitude are quite natural and whether we contributed or didn't, it would have changed anyway, eventually. Hell, we are part of nature too if you really think about it. We are growing in number so quick that very soon we will reach the end of our resources and the growth will plateu. Unfortunately, that's going to be a very ugly time in our history.

1998 BMW 328is - summer
1993 BMW 525i - daily
1994 BMW 325i - sold
1992 BMW 325i - gone
1988 Mercedes Benz 190E 2.3-8V -
sold

Last edited by Dr. Flyview; 12-15-2011 at 12:10 PM.
Dr. Flyview is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 12:25 PM   #47
calegrant
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5style View Post
O rly?
There's a difference between being conscious of the affects your choices have and having your life revolve around a goal very few others are working towards, ie hippie activist. That post was in response to the guy who took the stance of "**** it, it's going to happen anyways" which is equally as moronic as being an extremist. Nice try to make me look like a hypocrit.
Old 12-15-2011, 12:28 PM   #48
calegrant
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Flyview View Post
Easy, tiger. Read everything I said. Sure, I care about future generations, but I don't think humans overall are smart enough or quick enough to change at this point.

My main point is that climatic changes of large magnitude are quite natural and whether we contributed or didn't, it would have changed anyway, eventually. Hell, we are part of nature too if you really think about it. We are growing in number so quick that very soon we will reach the end of our resources and the growth will plateu. Unfortunately, that's going to be a very ugly time in our history.
There's a huge difference between natural climate change and climate change as a result of human influences over a relatively short period of time. It's cause for major concern if you want to continue living, rather than merely surviving as you put it.
Old 12-15-2011, 12:52 PM   #49
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?

our whole world could be fueled, fed, clothed & sheltered with HEMP
heres why its not that way & why we're now poisoning ourselves & the whole planet!

The Last Word on Snake Oil

TRANSCRIPT AND SOURCES:
http://www.corbettreport.com/?p=2287

The image of the traveling snake oil salesman of 19th century America is by now a familiar trope. It is the image of the heartless huckster who preys upon the trust of the general public to swindle them out of their hard-earned savings. With a bottle of useless tonic and the help of a plant in the audience, the snake oil salesman made a living out of lies and deceit.

In these respects, William Levingston (aka w.a Rockefellar) was your average snake oil salesman...
Old 12-15-2011, 12:57 PM   #50
5style
Hatters gon Hatt

Quote:
There's a difference between being conscious of the affects your choices have and having your life revolve around a goal very few others are working towards, ie hippie activist. That post was in response to the guy who took the stance of "**** it, it's going to happen anyways" which is equally as moronic as being an extremist. Nice try to make me look like a hypocrit.
You need some weed, chill bro
Old 12-15-2011, 01:10 PM   #51
calegrant
6th Gear Member

Quote:
You need some weed, chill bro
3 for 3 on senseless posts, you're on a roll "bro". I'm chill, I just don't like people trying to correct me on topics they know nothing about.
Old 12-15-2011, 01:11 PM   #52
5style
Hatters gon Hatt

Quote:
3 for 3 on senseless posts, you're on a roll "bro". I'm chill, I just don't like people trying to correct me on topics they know nothing about.
Old 12-15-2011, 01:12 PM   #53
Dr. Flyview
Formerly Flav_cool

Quote:
So what's the difference between us causing it and "natural" climatic changes?

P.S. I never meant to imply that human-caused global warming is good for ice ages lol.

1998 BMW 328is - summer
1993 BMW 525i - daily
1994 BMW 325i - sold
1992 BMW 325i - gone
sold

Old 12-15-2011, 01:38 PM   #54
calegrant
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Flyview View Post
So what's the difference between us causing it and "natural" climatic changes?

P.S. I never meant to imply that human-caused global warming is good for ice ages lol.
Look how fast co2 rates are climbing, if you answered alarmingly fast you'd win the prize. It's not natural when it occurs so quickly.
Old 12-15-2011, 01:40 PM   #55
calegrant
6th Gear Member

Quote:
4 for 4, don't include yourself in intelligent discussion from now on please. You came in trying to talk like you had a clue what it was you were arguing and now that it's painfully obvious you haven't a clue, you make stupid posts. Walk away lil guy, walk away.
Old 12-15-2011, 01:48 PM   #56
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?

-

Quote:

Environment watchdog slams gov't for not enforcing rules

13/12/2011 8:02:33 PM
CTVNews.ca

Canada's environment watchdog raised the spectre of dangerous chemicals burning through transport trucks on highways in an interview Tuesday with CTV's Power Play

Environment Commissioner Scott Vaughan was commenting on a series of reports tabled in Parliament today that criticize Ottawa for poor follow-up on crackdowns against environmental scofflaws.

-video-

"There are requirements that you put dangerous products in the right container. When they go in the wrong container, bad things can happen. There have been a couple instances where highly corrosive materials have been put into trucks that weren't built for that and have literally melted on the highway," said Vaughan.

Given there are "about two (accidents) a week involving transport of dangerous products," he continued, it's important that accident protocols are adhered to and follow-up procedures carried out.

Read the full report here.

The commissioner examined how Ottawa polices the shipment of dangerous goods, enforces national flagship environmental legislation and shares scientific research.

Vaughan also tabled a pair of studies on fisheries and environmental monitoring.

According to the report on shipping dangerous goods, tens of millions of dangerous product shipments are made each year. By tonnage, 45 per cent of dangerous products are shipped by road, 39 per cent by rail, 15 per cent by ship and under one per cent by air. Products shipped include oil and gas, chemicals such as sulphuric acid and even explosives.

The reports cite graphic examples of chemical spills and explosions caused by accidents involving the transportation of dangerous products.

Transport Canada -- which enforces regulations concerning shipments of dangerous products -- was rebuked for taking an inconsistent approach to investigations of non-compliance.

For the report, auditors randomly selected 49 compliance inspection files made during the 2008-09 and 2009-10 fiscal years. More than half the case files revealed inadequate labeling, missing documentation and other problems.

"In the sample of completed inspection files we reviewed, 53 per cent identified instances of non-compliance and, of those files, 73 per cent contained incomplete or no evidence that corrective action had been taken," reads the report on shipping dangerous products.

It was questioned whether Transport Canada was even aware of the extent to which companies transporting dangerous goods were complying with government regulations. Similar sentiments were raised in an earlier internal audit conducted more than five years ago.

Environment Minister Peter Kent was defensive about the report on shipping dangerous products.

"Certainly every department of this government wants to conform with safe environmental guidelines and rules for that matter, but we need to remember there are 30 million shipments of dangerous products every year in Canada and 99 per cent of them don't come to (a bad end)," Kent told CTV Power Play.

"We have already begun work to address the findings in this report, including a national risk-based inspection planning process which will create a harmonized and consistent framework throughout Canada," added Kent in a statement.

The National Energy Board is responsible for regulating oil and gas that flow through Canadian pipelines.

Auditors examined 56 compliance reports from 2007 to 2010 and again found little follow-up had been done.

While almost two-third's of the reports cited violations, inspectors only investigated a handful of those cases to determine if corrective action had been taken.

"What we said in the audit today -- there's 71,000 kilometers of pipeline. That's a lot of pipeline to provide oversight of," Vaughan told CTV Power Play.

"We asked National Energy Board, ‘When you found a problem, did you go back to make sure it was fixed?' What we reported to Parliament was that 93 per cent of the time that problems were found, there was no follow-up to know whether or not it has been corrected or not."

Vaughan also found Environment Canada lacking when it came to enforcing the Canadian Environmental Protection Act.

Auditors discovered the department knows so little about the people it regulates it was unaware if it was targeting the highest-risk offenders or those who posed the greatest danger to human health and the environment.

"Many of the factors it considers in setting priorities for enforcement have nothing to do with risks to human health or the environment or with the past record of compliance of those regulated," states the report.

"Instead, some regulations are excluded from being priorities due to lack of adequate training for enforcement officers or lack of adequate laboratory testing to verify compliance."

Half the warnings, tickets and other penalties issued by the department were not followed up on, Vaughan found.

The report looking into environmental science said Environment Canada does not do a good job sharing scientific findings with decision-makers in the federal government.

NDP environment critic Megan Leslie criticized the Conservatives for poor environmental stewardship.

"It seems to me that this government is not interested in managing the environment file at all," she told The Canadian Press.

"I think that is extremely problematic, as we've seen from the commissioner's report, because it is putting the health and safety of Canadians at risk."

http://news.sympatico.ctv.ca/canada/...rules/436a2dcd
motherFk'n despotism - hey a cop can say you changed lanes too 'aggressively' & can give you a $2K to $10K ticket, seize your vehicle, impound it & suspend your license on the spot - no trail..But industry can hatchet your moms face in half, rape her split open skull & deficate in it after -live on national tv & laugh all the way to the bank...

well I fell free & safe - do you?
Old 12-15-2011, 02:20 PM   #57
Dr. Flyview
Formerly Flav_cool

Quote:
Look how fast co2 rates are climbing, if you answered alarmingly fast you'd win the prize. It's not natural when it occurs so quickly.
Natural compared to what? The last 1000 years? Sure. Past 1 billion, doubt it.

Anyway, let's say the world is set on reducing emissions. It's pretty damn clear we aren't capable. Everyone is infatuated with money and that's just the way things seem to be going. We are a short-sighted opportunistic species, we've never looked and planned so far ahead successfully.

1998 BMW 328is - summer
1993 BMW 525i - daily
1994 BMW 325i - sold
1992 BMW 325i - gone
sold

Old 12-15-2011, 02:24 PM   #58
5style
Hatters gon Hatt

Quote:
4 for 4, don't include yourself in intelligent discussion from now on please. You came in trying to talk like you had a clue what it was you were arguing and now that it's painfully obvious you haven't a clue, you make stupid posts. Walk away lil guy, walk away.
just shut up, please.
Old 12-15-2011, 03:59 PM   #59
5style
Hatters gon Hatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by calegrant
You're an idiot. Stay out of intelligent discussions when you posses none, thanks
Thanks for the private, drama queen
Old 12-15-2011, 07:14 PM   #60
sirex
King Sirex

we're all ****ed. so heres the solution. make as much money as possible and enjoy your life. or dont. do what makes you happy

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: