Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-14-2011, 12:23 PM   #31
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Here's an interesting read on the topic supporting Canada's decision

http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com/...ay-from-kyoto/
Old 12-14-2011, 06:04 PM   #32
sirex
King Sirex

Quote:
Originally Posted by South View Post

So I guess schools are teaching us liberal hoax crap is that it?

Sunlight hits the earth during the day
At night that energy is released back into space through infrared waves
CO2 and other greenhouse, let me emphasize, greenhouse, gases absorb the infrared
This heats shit up

More green house gases the more infrared is absorbed.

Price tag on greenhouse gases on CO2 emissions, OK STOP are you ****ing trolling me now? like did you read this thread or just post blindly. Information on this is provided throughout this thread in a number of links and references.

Lazy bastard..... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_tax

Are we now debating whether global warming even exists now?

CO2 doesn't contribute to the greenhouse effect to the extent as we are led to believe by Al Gore, and wikipedia is not a good enough resource to defend this position. For ever scientific paper that claims CO2 has detrimental impact on global warming there is 1 that claims the opposite from just as many well known scientists.

Last edited by sirex; 12-14-2011 at 06:09 PM.
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 07:46 PM   #33
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?

-
everything is so tainted, that of course the vehicle pretensed as 'helping the environment' has a darker agenda
Old 12-14-2011, 08:10 PM   #34
Dr. Flyview
Formerly Flav_cool

Send a message via MSN to Dr. Flyview
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL WHO THE F CARES!?!?!

We are probably going to destroy ourselves whether we do it in 40 years or 5000 years. There is no way we are going to change how we make energy quick enough to stop "catastrophic" climate change. I put catastrophic in quotes because on the grand scale of things, sure some species will die off, but new ones will form, etc.

Humans are but a speck on the history of life on this planet (~200k years out of ~3 000 000k years).

Also, huge climate changes have been going on since the beginning of time. In fact, we survived through an ice age from 100k to 10k years ago...

1998 BMW 328is - summer
1994 BMW 325i - daily
1992 BMW 325i - gone
1988 Mercedes Benz 190E 2.3-8V -
sold

Last edited by Dr. Flyview; 12-14-2011 at 08:17 PM.
Dr. Flyview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 08:15 PM   #35
Bartacus
3rd Gear Member

This man knows more than the lot of you, and he's a dead comedian. TAKE THAT!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eScDfYzMEEw
Bartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 08:28 PM   #36
damameke
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartacus View Post
This man knows more than the lot of you, and he's a dead comedian. TAKE THAT!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eScDfYzMEEw
Like:

Planet is fine. people are fxxk.....very true lol...
damameke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 09:23 PM   #37
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Flyview View Post

We are probably going to destroy ourselves whether we do it in 40 years or 5000 years. There is no way we are going to change how we make energy quick enough to stop "catastrophic" climate change. I put catastrophic in quotes because on the grand scale of things, sure some species will die off, but new ones will form, etc.

Humans are but a speck on the history of life on this planet (~200k years out of ~3 000 000k years).

Also, huge climate changes have been going on since the beginning of time. In fact, we survived through an ice age from 100k to 10k years ago...
'They're Nihilists, Donny'
http://youtu.be/kYWy--We8hQ
Old 12-14-2011, 09:37 PM   #38
5style
Hatters gon Hatt

Quote:

Aren t the magnetic poles gon reverse soon and we are gonna have a new ice age? I don't think we have enough CO2 to warm us up after that shit
Old 12-14-2011, 09:39 PM   #39
calegrant
6th Gear Member

Quote:

People who care about what our future generations are going to have to deal with? Your attitude is a joke, as are you for having that kind of approach to something which does affect us all.

Your comparison of the last ice age to human induced climate change tells me you know absolutely nothing on the subject and are merely hoping the technology you hold so dear will provide a safety net for what will occur if we keep going down the path we are.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:43 PM   #40
sirex
King Sirex

Quote:
Originally Posted by calegrant View Post
People who care about what our future generations are going to have to deal with? Your attitude is a joke, as are you for having that kind of approach to something which does affect us all.

Your comparison of the last ice age to human induced climate change tells me you know absolutely nothing on the subject and are merely hoping the technology you hold so dear will provide a safety net for what will occur if we keep going down the path we are.

yo guy, private enterprise will sort it out.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:44 PM   #41
5style
Hatters gon Hatt

Quote:

You do realize that there have been 6 ice ages and we are due for the next in our lifetime right? And all this CO2 will not matter when POLARITIES IN THE POLES REVERSE CAUSING A MASSIVE CLIMATE CHANGE AND CHANGES IN THE EARTH'S ROTATIONAL AXIS IN RELATION TO THE SUN? And nothing you do will stop that? Just making sure you are aware of this.
Old 12-14-2011, 10:20 PM   #42
calegrant
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5style View Post
You do realize that there have been 6 ice ages and we are due for the next in our lifetime right? And all this CO2 will not matter when POLARITIES IN THE POLES REVERSE CAUSING A MASSIVE CLIMATE CHANGE AND CHANGES IN THE EARTH'S ROTATIONAL AXIS IN RELATION TO THE SUN? And nothing you do will stop that? Just making sure you are aware of this.
Actually we're in an ice age right now, what you're confused with is glaciation and us being in an interglacial period. So yes, despite your horribly worded and incorrect description of ice ages I'm well aware of their occurrence.
r
A geomagnetic reversal yes, a polar shift absolutely not. Again you're out of your element here. A geomagnetic reversal will occur at an unknown time in the future, it is not something we can predict nor prevent. The cause is not fully understood, however what IS understood is that the events your ignorant self is predicting simply will not occur. Our magnetic field protects us greatly yes, but our atmosphere also does a damn fine job against protecting us from the charged particles the sun pumps out.

As for your extremely stupid comment about a polar shift occurring, no...just no. Go do some research on what that actually entails, where it's occurred in our universe and the effects of such an event. Events such as that happen when bodies collide, it's not something that has ever or is likely to ever occur to Earth.
Old 12-15-2011, 12:03 AM   #43
5style
Hatters gon Hatt

Quote:
Actually we're in an ice age right now, what you're confused with is glaciation and us being in an interglacial period. So yes, despite your horribly worded and incorrect description of ice ages I'm well aware of their occurrence.
r
A geomagnetic reversal yes, a polar shift absolutely not. Again you're out of your element here. A geomagnetic reversal will occur at an unknown time in the future, it is not something we can predict nor prevent. The cause is not fully understood, however what IS understood is that the events your ignorant self is predicting simply will not occur. Our magnetic field protects us greatly yes, but our atmosphere also does a damn fine job against protecting us from the charged particles the sun pumps out.

As for your extremely stupid comment about a polar shift occurring, no...just no. Go do some research on what that actually entails, where it's occurred in our universe and the effects of such an event. Events such as that happen when bodies collide, it's not something that has ever or is likely to ever occur to Earth.
Says the S52 powered e30 environmental hippie

Last edited by 5style; 12-15-2011 at 12:13 AM.
5style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 09:43 AM   #44
calegrant
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5style View Post
Says the S52 powered e30 environmental hippie
Great post, you really stood up for yourself well there. When backed into a corner, start swinging and take what you can get?

I never claimed to be desperate to save the world, and I'm intelligent enough to know that a weekend car isn't going to make or break our efforts. It's industry that needs to change and commercial vehicles, the people who make money and then the rest will follow suit. You really do seem to have no grasp of what are the causes and affect of climate change or basic earth science, I suggest you educate yourself before you try to use your ignorance as a weapon to argue with. Way to carry on the tradition of you posting garbage

Last edited by calegrant; 12-15-2011 at 09:47 AM.
calegrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 11:09 AM   #45
5style
Hatters gon Hatt

Quote:
Great post, you really stood up for yourself well there. When backed into a corner, start swinging and take what you can get?

I never claimed to be desperate to save the world, and I'm intelligent enough to know that a weekend car isn't going to make or break our efforts. It's industry that needs to change and commercial vehicles, the people who make money and then the rest will follow suit. You really do seem to have no grasp of what are the causes and affect of climate change or basic earth science, I suggest you educate yourself before you try to use your ignorance as a weapon to argue with. Way to carry on the tradition of you posting garbage
Quote:

O rly?

Last edited by 5style; 12-15-2011 at 11:14 AM.
5style is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: