Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-12-2011, 04:53 PM   #1
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Recommend Party Resorts

Recommend party places in Mexico, Jamaica and Dominican Replublic! GO! (no Cuba please).
We are considering Oasis Cancun at the moment, but there is no 24 hour bar.
Few kids/families, good food, reasonable party atmosphere with young crowd.

Planning on going end of January.

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:.Individual- Modded
Hers--'07 BMW M5/6.:Indianapolis Red/Black:.
Toys
'91 BMW 850i J Spec Modded
'88 BMW 635CSi Lowered
'81 MB 500 SEC Koenig WILD RIDE
bmwm5lover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 05:19 PM   #2
damameke
6th Gear Member

Jamaica - check out RIU Negril, nice place, good food, just further from attraction like Dunns River Fall (a nice place to experience)...closer to Ricks Cafe(google Rick's Cafe - recommended visit). Free WiFi in lobby

Punta Cana - Paradisus,(my recommendation) big family resort, young crowd, very good food...great service, if you do go hookup with Leoncio Flarian, he is the manager of all the restaurants, give him a good tip and he will arrange all your seatings for any restaurants for the week you are there. When I was there free Wi Fi

Punta Cana - Colonial Majestic - equal to Paradisus - Wi Fi in your room...

I have been to Mexico - Cancun, Mayan Reviera etc.. but its not safe now...

Cuba once and thats enough... Havana is very historical....
damameke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 11:46 PM   #3
canukgtp
2nd Gear Member

Cancun...any resort should give you plenty of access to partying...and as for safe, the violence is mostly in Mexico city and on the west coast towards the american border, not in the Yucatan...

I absolutely love Cuba...plenty of partying in varadero, and yup Havana is spectacular!

But you said no Cuba...so yeah Cancun, gotta go party at Senior Frogs and the Coco Bongo!

Have fun!
canukgtp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 12:36 AM   #4
Bimmer Heaven
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by canukgtp View Post
I absolutely love Cuba...plenty of partying in varadero, and yup Havana is spectacular!

Have fun!
Yeah, Cuba is not for everybody! Its a different world out there. Can be tons of fun if you go with the right crowd!
Most models E30 E36 E46 E90 E92 E93 E34 E39 E60 E32 E38 E65 E66 X3 X5 M3 M5 Z4

Etobicoke location opening mid June!!!!

Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578
New inventory daily. 50+ cars in stock!
Bimmer Heaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 01:18 AM   #5
Deep 3.2TL
6th Gear Member

I have done all the locations you listed plus cayman islands, costa rica, turks and caicos, bahamas.

We just got back from a cruise (as you know!!) and we were COMPLETELY impressed with Puerto Rico. CLEAN and very latin america feel, but still part of the US. We decided after our day there that we'd find an all inclusive place there for the next trip. LOTS of party places too... All inclusive places are 15 miles or so outside the city (referring to San Juan)

I agree with RIU Negril - been there twice. Not alot near you so if you want to go into the city to party - not advisable...

I also would second the Paradisus. I don't agree that Mexico isn't safe now. It's been given a bad rap for a little while, but there are still thousands upon thousands who visit without problems.

2007 Z4 3.0si
Deep 3.2TL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 07:42 PM   #6
lvan
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to lvan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurostyle View Post
Yeah, Cuba is not for everybody! Its a different world out there. Can be tons of fun if you go with the right crowd!
I think so too. I been there this summer and I had a blast. My plan was to see Havana and just do some beach partying. We went on a tour that included the trip around Havana. The person, tour guide was from Matanzas. Havana trip was sort of a really good tour with a lot to learn. Than when you come back to resort, you can beat a boosh with the rest. It all depends on what you want. I also found Cubans to be very poor, but at the same time very happy. That was something I liked. You can also sneak in a better resort from beach side.
lvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 08:03 PM   #7
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
I'll keep an eye on this thread too. My wife is going on 16 months without so much as a four day weekend. I've heard fantastic places about the Riu in jamaica.

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
Fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 11:13 PM   #8
Deep 3.2TL
6th Gear Member

^^^ Ivan - Do it - you won't be sorry... been there twice! (The Negril one, Riu Palace)

2007 Z4 3.0si
Deep 3.2TL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 01:46 AM   #9
El Gato Liso
6th Gear Member

Negril is one of my absolute fav places in JA. ricks cafe is the highlight basically. ochi is great too to see dunns rivers, but montego bay is great too...also check out Hedonism 1-3

if you want party...dominicana / mexico is your best bet.
Old 12-16-2011, 05:47 PM   #10
rendered
6th Gear Member

LOL.

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/Hotel_Revi...l_Jamaica.html
rendered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 06:09 PM   #11
lvan
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to lvan
So what's St Marteen? is it like in price range like Bahamas? Where is it located? It's that beach where airplanes come so low. I just wanna chill on that beach, take some videos and pick, get some action and get a f*** out.
lvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 01:21 PM   #12
Spartiatis
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to Spartiatis
Cabo!
Spartiatis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 01:58 PM   #13
ericdalinda
6th Gear Member

why go away to party when you can go away to relax then party... Le Blanc spa resort in Cancun mexico was amazing, if you book soon you get $1500 in resort credits which can be used for tours, or the on site Spa they have there for massages or facials or what ever you fancy from there.

its one of the most prestigious resorts in all of cancun mexico so it is a little bit on the expensive side. but oh my god the food at this resort falls under the category of "fine dining" was amazing.

Ive been lucky to go to many resorts in my time and by far the Le Blanc blows them all out of the water.
ericdalinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 10:17 AM   #14
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Looks like we will be going to Oasis Cancun.

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:.Individual- Modded
Hers--'07 BMW M5/6.:Indianapolis Red/Black:.
Toys
'91 BMW 850i J Spec Modded
'88 BMW 635CSi Lowered
'81 MB 500 SEC Koenig WILD RIDE
bmwm5lover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 07:19 PM   #15
damameke
6th Gear Member

Travel Advisory from Westjet:

..TORONTO - WestJet is advising Canadians planning a holiday in Mexico to make sure their passports are in "perfect" condition.

The Calgary-based airline says Mexican customs and immigration officials could deny entry to anyone arriving with a damaged passport. Rips, tears, missing corners or water damage to the cover or inside pages are all no-nos.

Mexico "definitely takes the most stringent approach" concerning passport damage of any country the airline flies to, including the United States and Caribbean destinations, said Robert Palmer, WestJet's manager of public relations.

He said "a handful" of the airline's customers have been turned away so far this winter season either prevented in Canada from boarding a flight to Mexico or denied entry on arrival because of the state of their passports.

One B.C. man with a water-damaged passport was stopped from boarding a Mexico-bound flight by a WestJet ticket agent at Kelowna International Airport earlier this month. He had stored it in a shaving kit where it got wet.

If Mexico denies someone entry, the airline bringing the person in is responsible for getting him out immediately, said Palmer. That could mean having to pay to put him on another airline's flight.

"We need to screen passports at the point of departure" to avoid such a scenario, he said. "We're really between a rock and hard place on this."

Mexico adopted its tougher approach over the past year, Palmer said.

However, the Mexican Embassy in Ottawa denied that there has been any change in the passport policy of the country's customs and immigration officials.

"Passports must be in a generally good condition normal use is no problem," Milko Rivera Hope, responsible for economic and tourism affairs at the embassy, said in an email.

But Rivera Hope added that "any alterations or major damage to the passport will definitely be a problem for any passenger who wants to travel anywhere in the world. Not only to Mexico."

Passport Canada recommends that individuals with a damaged passport apply for a new one, regardless of their destination.

"Travellers whose passport is damaged in any way could face significant delays or be denied entry at border crossings, or be denied boarding on flights," Passport Canada says on its website.

Palmer's advice is to keep your passport in a protective sleeve. Don't store it in a kitchen cupboard where something could spill on it. And don't carry it around as all-purpose ID.

"I know young people who use their passport for identification when they go to a bar. ... You're just increasing your risk if you're hauling your passport around like it's another card in your wallet."

damameke is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: