Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-09-2011, 08:33 PM   #1
craigIS
A.K.A. crossfire291

Send a message via MSN to craigIS
Slow messed up PC

Well, I'm at a loss as to how I should describe my issue other than saying; my lap top is running tragically slow.

The issue started the other day after being away for a day. I came home, and powered up my lap top. It took about 20 minutes to actually get logged in. At that point, the only thing my lap top did was load for about 40 minutes, so I thought is was frozen. It wasn't, so I attempted restart. It took about 5 minutes to power down. Then the same thing as before when starting up.

Before; after Windows had finished loading, I could do whatever I wanted with out any issues. Now, I can't even do anything on my lap top it's so slow. Moments ago when I started her up, I got the following message when I go into Windows:

"Failed to connect to a windows service - Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service.This problem prevents standard users from logging on to the system. As an administrative user, you can review the system Event Log for details about why the service didn't respond".

My task bar now looks like the Win 98 task bar, and not the Win 7 style. Also, the load light on my lap top does not shut off. I have scanned for viruses when I first encountered the issue, and found nothing.

Edit: New message and icon now on my task bar: "Intel(R) RST service not running"

Any help is greatly appreciated!!! Thanks.

Below are some pic I snapped of the screen showing the message, and the task bar.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_8551a.JPG (82.9 KB, 125 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_8552a.JPG (51.1 KB, 126 views)

flickr

Last edited by craigIS; 12-09-2011 at 08:36 PM.
craigIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 11:03 PM   #2
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
restart the computer
Press F8 just before windows logo
go to "use last known good configuration"

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
Fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 11:40 PM   #3
craigIS
A.K.A. crossfire291

Quote:
Originally Posted by propr'one View Post
restart the computer
Press F8 just before windows logo
go to "use last known good configuration"
That was going to be my next step. However I had a feeling it was a registry error, so I managed to DL software to help me deal with a reg problem. Everything seems to be back to normal now. The longer I messed with my broken ass lap top the more I had time to reflect on the issue.

Thanks though propr'.

flickr
Old 12-10-2011, 09:50 PM   #4
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

Open up Event viewer. Post what it says. I can find out if it's hardward or you might just need a fresh win7 install.
Old 12-11-2011, 08:42 AM   #5
mclovin
3rd Gear Member

Time to upgrade

http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147526
Old 12-11-2011, 10:28 AM   #6
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavocSteve View Post
you might just need a fresh win7 install.
that's usually the low level tech answer when they can't figure out the problem.

What Ivan suggested is a much better option, same as the solution the OP went with.
Old 12-11-2011, 02:26 PM   #7
magnus
6th Gear Member

google HijackThis by Trend Micro

"Lo there do I see my father.
Lo there do I see my mother.
Lo there do I see my brothers and my sisters.
Lo there do I see the line of my people back to the beginning.
Lo they do call to me
they bid me take my place among them in the Halls of Valhalla,
where the brave may live forever"
magnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 03:02 PM   #8
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Dot_E30 View Post
that's usually the low level tech answer when they can't figure out the problem.

What Ivan suggested is a much better option, same as the solution the OP went with.
Well he could learn like I did and start googling WinRegistry. Then he can !symfix and reload and figure out what registries need to be updated or repaired or do memtest and see if it's his ram. There's all kinds of tech stuff you can do. Reinstalling win7 or even running the repair tool is a simple and quick fix. Just going back a week doesn't erase failing hardware or registry mess ups at times.
Old 12-11-2011, 06:06 PM   #9
sirex
King Sirex

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Dot_E30 View Post

lol naw, havoc steve is a pro pc analyst. He learnt it while laying interlocking bricks.

Seriously though Craig can you tell us the steps that you took to fix your problem cuz I've never seen this type of issue before.
Old 12-11-2011, 07:25 PM   #10
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex View Post
lol naw, havoc steve is a pro pc analyst. He learnt it while laying interlocking bricks.

Seriously though Craig can you tell us the steps that you took to fix your problem cuz I've never seen this type of issue before.
Cool man Guess you won't believe I work for a great company now, making F-18 landing gear for the US Navy and will be making parts for the new F-35 fighter jets that we will be purchasing I've come a long way since laying brick in the summer. It paid the bills and then some
Old 12-11-2011, 08:35 PM   #11
craigIS
A.K.A. crossfire291

Quote:

Well, I did a couple things, so I don't know what the exact issue was. After I managed to get 2 virus scans done, and they came up clean, I decided to check and repair any bad sectors on my HDD. I had never checked for bad sectors on this lap top since I bought it, and thought it would be a good place to start. When that was done, they only thing I could think of was that there were registry errors making my lap top retarded. After some time; waiting for my almost crippled computer to download a reg cleaner, I ran the reg cleaner and restarted the computer. The computer started up and began checking sectors on the HDD. When the computer was done with that, I logged on to Windows no prob, and haven't had an issue since.

Basically i think it was a registry error. However it very well could have been a bad sector on the HDD, because 2 days before I started to notice the issue, I did a hard boot. The hard boot was done because I was reloading the library in Media Player with some 1500 songs, and froze, or severely lagged my system, and I thought a hard boot was necessary.

Sorry for the lengthy post sirex.

Edit: My log has a mass amount of events with the ID "55", a couple "1014", "7011" "738" "439" "488"

Everything started the other day with event "1001". I have no idea how any of these could have caused what my lap top experienced.

flickr

Last edited by craigIS; 12-11-2011 at 08:43 PM.
Old 12-14-2011, 07:07 PM   #12
5style
Hatters gon Hatt

Quote:

Bitch i hope that was not a stab at legos
Old 12-14-2011, 07:11 PM   #13
Axxe
Over 9 F**KING THOUSAND!!

^ Nah, that was a stab at HavocSteve who used to lay interlocking stones, and is now working in the shipping/receiving department of a company that produces F-18 parts.

S52|ZF|TRM Coilovers 670/895|Staggered 18" 5's
Axxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 07:14 PM   #14
5style
Hatters gon Hatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe View Post
^ Nah, that was a stab at HavocSteve who used to lay interlocking stones, and is now working in the shipping/receiving department of a company that produces F-18 parts.
lololol. btw i gotta get that tranny from you soon broski! Maybe end of this week?
Old 12-14-2011, 09:34 PM   #15
sirex
King Sirex

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5style View Post
Bitch i hope that was not a stab at legos
you aint got shit on my tub of legos.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: