Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-11-2011, 11:59 AM   #46
ericdalinda
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,243


Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex View Post
OH shit bitches. And the awesome thing is that they will build more prisons but provinces will be need to foot the bill.

AWESOME. Crime rates are down, so lets make more prisons and make the laws tougher. which raises another question, tough on crime doesn't solve crime. We need to help people get rehabiliated so they aren't repeat offenders and so that people dont get to the point of becoming offenders in the first place.
that would be terrific!!!

Quote:
You guys must be dreaming if you think these criminals serve their sentence and get out and have unlimited freedoms or some shit and go back to the way it was before having comited any crimes.

No dude, you beat someone up, you steal shit, you murder someone, your life is ruined. You come out of jail you're working for cash as a labourer. No one is going to hire you ever. Thats a fact. Unless you do a complete 360 and really change as a person, you're ****ed.
oh.... so when the government seems this person fit and releases this person back into society... what are this persons other choices then getting back into crime. social assistance? which costs soo much more then actually babysitting this criminals in prison.


you commit a serious offense murder,rape,pedophile shit, stuff like that. they should not let back into society. no matter what the circumstance..
you said so your self sirex that youd like for these people to be "REHABILITATED" but for what if there life is so screwed up they cant get a job leave the country or do shit?
ericdalinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 12:27 PM   #47
sirex
King Sirex
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 9,850
Thats the point. Our system is broken. The government doesn't deem them fit, it just releases them back and they fall back into the same circle jerk they were in before because they CANT get a job, because society DOESNT accept them and because they haven't changed.

A few months later back in prison.

So how does tough on crime work? It doesn't work. It creates a loop.

Rehabiliation is a much different process then locking people away like animals for commiting murder.

Lastly, the brain is a very complex organ. One of the best ways to learn about the human psyche and the developmental problems and issues that exist is to study and learn from these people that commit these crimes.

The question is, WHY do they do it? Why are they so screwed up that they cant change? Why? There is a real underlying problem with these people that if we spent time and money to understand we wouldnt be repeating history over and over and over again. By the way we are repeating history because we learn that these issues exist and instead of treating them we take the easy route.

Many of these criminals/crimes stem from chemical/mental imbalances. Like they actually need help and they need drugs and a proper health care/.mental health system to deal with them.

The simple solution is to sweep them under the rug. That doesnt do anything. PEople dont just go out and commit murder for no reason at all and the ones that do, do it because there is a reason = mental issues.

If you want crime to end, and society to be at peace you gotta dig deeper than just the surface. These people need help.
At the end of the day, the reality is tougher crime laws dont prevent crime because these underlying issues STILL exist and as long as they exist it wont matter what laws are in place it wont stop a sick person from doing their thing.


The reality is our society is to stupid to realize this shit or do anything about it. Instead of spending money on shit we need we spend money on G20 summits. Instead of building more schools, hospitals, wellness centres, we spend it on military occupations. We have too much of a ME mentality rather than a WE mentality. Why should I pay to rehabiliate some psycho murderer? Lets kill him instead.
But dont you get it, if you spent time to undersatnd why these **** heads do this shit maybe it WOULDN:T happen again.


edit-
not sure how social assisstance costs more than having a person in prison.. YOu're saying you would rather have them locked up than trying to become productive members of society, and you're willing to pay for that too?? AT least if they are on social assistance they are contributing in some form to the economy.
__________________

Last edited by sirex; 12-11-2011 at 12:36 PM.
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 02:19 PM   #48
Blackedout95
5th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,111
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex View Post
So how does tough on crime work? It doesn't work. It creates a loop.
I am all for a loop that keeps them locked up longer during that loop.

I for one do not believe in rehab for the most part, therefore once a POS always a POS, flush em.
__________________
E46
Blackedout95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 03:04 PM   #49
sirex
King Sirex
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 9,850
To be honest, I don't know what else to say. I don't really feel the need to rebuttal, but more the need to just insult you for being a shallow, simple minded person. Thankfully people like you don't actually contribute anything to society other than their mundane 9-5 job for the rest of their useless lives.

Keep fighting the good fight Blackedout95.
__________________
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 03:10 PM   #50
Blackedout95
5th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,111
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex View Post
To be honest, I don't know what else to say. I don't really feel the need to rebuttal, but more the need to just insult you for being a shallow, simple minded person. Thankfully people like you don't actually contribute anything to society other than their mundane 9-5 job for the rest of their useless lives.

Keep fighting the good fight Blackedout95.
So let me get this right, I disagree with sentencing and rehab laws, you call me simple minded and my life useless.

On the other hand youd like to see sex offenders and murderers rehab'd better and contribute to society.

Hard to take you serious man.
__________________
E46
Blackedout95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 03:10 PM   #51
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,861
I find this thread funny. sirex says stuff that contradicts all his "I'm for serial killers being let loose and pedo's can be kindergarden teachers" attitude. I wish this was back thousands of years where you did this kinda of crap, you paid with your life. Now it's all political and complicated and you get moron's like sirex wanting to pet and hug anyone and everything and ride unicorns around trying to make the world a better place which it could never be.
__________________
HavocSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 03:18 PM   #52
sirex
King Sirex
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 9,850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackedout95 View Post
So let me get this right, I disagree with sentencing and rehab laws, you call me simple minded and my life useless.

On the other hand youd like to see sex offenders and murderers rehab'd better and contribute to society.

Hard to take you serious man.


Oh no, you misunderstand. See your life is useful as I said in my post, your life is as useful as the mundane job that you do. Filling one of those roles that needs to be filled, e.g. McDonalds servers are useful, they fill a role. That is productive. More productive than your mind turning to soup in prison while I pay for it. And heck, you never know, maybe one of them writes a book or something or aspires to do something better with their lives.

But anyway, it's cool man. You're right.

As I said, keep fighting the good fight.
__________________

Last edited by sirex; 12-11-2011 at 03:27 PM.
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 03:22 PM   #53
sirex
King Sirex
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 9,850
Quote:
Originally Posted by HavocSteve View Post
I find this thread funny. sirex says stuff that contradicts all his "I'm for serial killers being let loose and pedo's can be kindergarden teachers" attitude. I wish this was back thousands of years where you did this kinda of crap, you paid with your life. Now it's all political and complicated and you get moron's like sirex wanting to pet and hug anyone and everything and ride unicorns around trying to make the world a better place which it could never be.
It's hilarious because every time you go up against me, I squish you like a little bug.

In any case, yes, you're absolutely right, hugs and kisses for all the pedos/murderers/rapists that are out there, because you know that is exactly what this thread has been about.

Disregard any of the logical arguments or words that have been written.

It's cool. At least you have an opinion. Albeit a closed minded, simpleton mentality, but it's okay, I can't really expect much from you because you just haven't read enough, seen enough to understand.
__________________
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 03:28 PM   #54
canuckder
4th Gear Member
 
canuckder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: GTA.
Posts: 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex View Post
Thankfully people like you don't actually contribute anything to society other than their mundane 9-5 job for the rest of their useless lives.

Same old song and dance,

I work a 9-5, 24, and probably get more bank and contribute more to my community than you ever will.

Edit : oh and I love my useless life.
__________________
canuckder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 03:29 PM   #55
Blackedout95
5th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,111
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex View Post
Oh no, you misunderstand. See your life is useful. Filling one of those roles that needs to be filled, e.g. McDonalds servers are useful, they fill a role. That is productive. More productive than your mind turning to soup in prison while I pay for it. And heck, you never know, maybe one of them writes a book or something or aspires to do something better with their lives.

But anyway, it's cool man. You're right.

As I said, keep fighting the good fight.
I am not sure why you have taken my comments so personally, I simply disagree with sentencing and rehab, I never personally attacked you.

If you feel you need to call me simple minded, useless and say I work a 9-5 at McD's as a come back, so be it. But when you do this it negates any valid arguement you had with people. Even if you made some good points they are over ridden by this childish behaviour.

And for the record, I am retired.
__________________
E46
Blackedout95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 03:32 PM   #56
///Mmm
Need an s85!
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 222
IMO if you killed or raped someone then you should be put in prison cell so small that you can't stand up or stretch your legs and fed cat food for the rest of your life

People keep talking about rehab and all these things but reality is that if someone killed your son or wife or anyone in your family then i don't think that you would want them walking around breathing fresh air , smiling and enjoying life !!

Rehab should be drug addicts, not for serious criminals !

And if you kill once... then why not kill again ??

There are some exceptions but like one in million or 2 ?
///Mmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 04:30 PM   #57
ericdalinda
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,243
I couldnt imagine what I would feel if my wife was raped, and the perputrator was let lose after 8 years. Life sentence is the Right sentence.
ericdalinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 05:19 PM   #58
calegrant
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackedout95 View Post
So let me get this right, I disagree with sentencing and rehab laws, you call me simple minded and my life useless.

On the other hand youd like to see sex offenders and murderers rehab'd better and contribute to society.

Hard to take you serious man.
You're arguing with someone who literally spends every waking moment in the OT forum ready to do battle with anyone who has a differing opinion, and when you present yourself taking a side contrary to his...you instantly become an ignorant sheeple.

OT warriors, go get some fresh air.
__________________
calegrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 05:43 PM   #59
sirex
King Sirex
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 9,850
LoL yea, we should put em criminals down!1 demz criminalz.


It's one thing to disagree, it's another to be an ignorant peice of shit. Saying someone who commits a crime should be put down there and then without looking at the fundemental reasons as to why these things happen is pretty narrow minded.

not sure whats left to discuss/argue/talk about. Your point of view is "deth to 'em criminalz" without any rhyme or reason other than "it makez my stomach churnz to seez em comitz crime".

Ya, Hitler said the same about the Jews. The Jews were criminals that had to be purged. They were criminals because they sought profits.. I guess if it were 1939 you guys would be saying that the Jews are criminals and they should be put in the oven for their atrocity to run business and lend money
__________________

Last edited by sirex; 12-11-2011 at 05:48 PM.
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 05:49 PM   #60
sirex
King Sirex
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 9,850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackedout95 View Post
I am not sure why you have taken my comments so personally, I simply disagree with sentencing and rehab, I never personally attacked you.

If you feel you need to call me simple minded, useless and say I work a 9-5 at McD's as a come back, so be it. But when you do this it negates any valid arguement you had with people. Even if you made some good points they are over ridden by this childish behaviour.

And for the record, I am retired.

I have childish behaviour? Your comments about put em down is not childish?

Wow you really are obtuse.

Dont you see there is no point to be made with you because your mind is simple and narrow minded. Doesn't matter how well written my post is, how welle xecuted my ideas are, your point of view is that of a simpleton. Its plain and simple.

There is difference in opinion and then there is just to simple to look at things logically. Which you ve demonstrated taht you cant.

PS glad you're retired, least no ones gotta listen to your simpleton nonsense in the real world.
__________________
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2015