Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E46 (1998 - 2005)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-11-2011, 08:02 PM   #16
moto-menace
3rd Gear Member

Are there any angel eyes available for a facelift (2004) e46 coupe? ? I just checked on the above mentioned sites and came up empty handed
Old 12-16-2011, 05:04 PM   #17
xlr8nbimbo
2nd Gear Member

Yeah, and maybe this has something to do with why some guys recommend NOT PUTTING angle eyes on facelifted e46's with xenons?
xlr8nbimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 09:47 PM   #18
Renboy
3rd Gear Member

I have a facelifted e46 coupe with xenons with angel eyes. I got the ae's from khoalty, but would recommend against them especially for these headlights. Of the three sets of ae's I've ordered from khoalty, two have had led's go out. Normally not a big deal since the other e46 headlights come apart quickly and easily, in the case of the coupe, having to bake them each time would become frustrating. Luckily the ones in my coupe are the ones that haven't had led's go out, but in the future I wouldn't get khoalty ae's again.

I know for a fact that umnitza does make and sell ae's for these cars, but like the others, they're not cheap. They also don't have them on the website (or they didn't last I checked) I had to email them and ask. JLevi may be the same scenario.
Renboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 02:25 AM   #19
biginstreets
bitches love me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renboy View Post
I have a facelifted e46 coupe with xenons with angel eyes. I got the ae's from khoalty, but would recommend against them especially for these headlights. Of the three sets of ae's I've ordered from khoalty, two have had led's go out. Normally not a big deal since the other e46 headlights come apart quickly and easily, in the case of the coupe, having to bake them each time would become frustrating.
I also have a facelifted coupe and want ae's but the whole baking it thing is entirely the reason why i haven't done it.
Old 12-17-2011, 08:02 AM   #20
Renboy
3rd Gear Member

200*F for 10 min isn't going to hurt the headlights at all. That's lower than the temperature of boiling water. Just take all the bulbs out and the ballasts/ignitors off first.
Renboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 02:29 PM   #21
dbworld4k
Addict

I've had the MyCarr 62 LED versions on both my E36 and my E46 (2 years and counting) and never once have I ha a startup or dim lighting issue, as I did with those BS CCFL versions time and time again.

'02 ///M5 Imola Red / Imola Red '09 335i Alpine White / Coral Red

Past:
'04 E55 AMG Brilliant Silver / Anthracite
'96 318i Alpine White / Black
'01 330Ci Titanium Silver / Coral Red
'96 328i Jet Black / Black
dbworld4k is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: