Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-03-2011, 08:26 PM   #1
CoreyC
2nd Gear Member

I spun out on a DVP ramp yesterday

Walked away fine. Insurance will deal, less my $1K deductible. Have the car at Prochilo Bros.

Hopefully all's well that ends well!

Quite the experience!! Hit some water on the ramp, as I was shifting into 3rd.

Bumped the left rail (you can see where in one pic), caromed 360 right, and then got perched (beyond me how that happened!).

Please, laugh with me at not at me! Got charged with a careless, that I plan to go and plea down at the court.

I just want my baby back! I got 2 pc DPE's I want to put on my ride for next spring.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Summary.jpg (220.8 KB, 773 views)
CoreyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 08:38 PM   #2
dbworld4k
Addict

Ouch. Take it to European Autobody asap.

'02 ///M5 Imola Red / Imola Red '09 335i Alpine White / Coral Red

Past:
'04 E55 AMG Brilliant Silver / Anthracite
'96 318i Alpine White / Black
'01 330Ci Titanium Silver / Coral Red
'96 328i Jet Black / Black
dbworld4k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 08:41 PM   #3
CoreyC
2nd Gear Member

Well, it's at Prochilos now. They are certified by Downtown BMW. I researched and they seem solid. Do you know otherwise? My insurance appraiser will be there Monday. I don't have much time then, to relocate the car... their shop had many bimmers in it as I saw yesterday...
Old 12-03-2011, 08:44 PM   #4
Steve30
Techno Viking

Damn, DVP is notorious for water build up. My bro wrote off his civic near the bayview-bloor exit in August. It was raining pretty hard and he was on his way to work when he went through a big puddle. He ended up hydroplaning and straight into the concrete barrier.

E36 ///M3 S54
E30 325 Project
Steve30 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 08:46 PM   #5
CoreyC
2nd Gear Member

One reason I'm asking too - if anyone knows about Prochilos, is that while this is being sorted, I'm also thinking about going out of pocket for a hood repaint, M3 reps side mirror colour match, and a general clay/paint restore.

If I have my car at the wrong spot, please tell me!! Thanks all!!
Old 12-03-2011, 08:48 PM   #6
CoreyC
2nd Gear Member

Steve, that sucks bro! But dam, I love your sig!
Old 12-03-2011, 08:52 PM   #7
Steve30
Techno Viking

Thanks. The funny thing is about an hour later they closed the DVP due to excessive water build-up...

E36 ///M3 S54
E30 325 Project
Old 12-03-2011, 08:57 PM   #8
1bmw1
3rd Gear Member

Wow, sorry to see, but i'm glad you're here and you were able to dust yourself off. That's all that matters.

I agree with the top poster. Take it to European Autobody.
Old 12-03-2011, 08:57 PM   #9
CoreyC
2nd Gear Member

Steve - you know that? About the DVP being closed? This happened to me at 12 pm yesterday. I'm going to go to court to settle the careless they dropped on me. I'm happy to plead it down - can't be bothered to set a trial date and such, because the cop was freaking solid!. But knowing they closed the DVP, and details (do you know where online I could find the details?), would help me sell my case. Thanks bro!
Old 12-03-2011, 09:01 PM   #10
CoreyC
2nd Gear Member

Question to all - how can I intervene now and get my car taken over to see Rich at European? I was flustered obviously! I will have to talk to my broker. Do I need to pay the tow to get the car there? I will write Rich post-haste!
Old 12-03-2011, 09:06 PM   #11
CoreyC
2nd Gear Member

Sorry everyone - I'm mixed up. I'd read rave reviews about Rich at Luxury Autobody.

But in your humble opinion, I should go to European?

Please help me out. I will have to pull the trigger on Monday morning...anyone know what leverage I have to insist to my insurance company, that I want to change shops, now that my car is already at a certified joint?
Old 12-03-2011, 09:12 PM   #12
BMW Rated
Knowledge is power!

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Any accident you can walk away from is a good one. Another good option is Luxury Auto body, they do excellent work and the owner is a stand up guy.
BMW Rated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 09:14 PM   #13
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
If you signed anything, you can't switch. Otherwise just call your insurance company and tell them you want it done at european.

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
hid headlights hid kit
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 09:21 PM   #14
CoreyC
2nd Gear Member

Thanks Propr' I signed an authorization for the adjuster to come out. So I guess I'm locked in.

I want a little extra work too on my own behalf...I will only get them to quote then...

Anyone know estimates of what a hood repaint should run? (I'm loathe to do it, because I'd much rather source a stock M3 hood to replace mine); mirror colour-matching? A general paint restore for swirls and such?

Thanks everyone for your help...appreciate your time to help me out!
Old 12-03-2011, 09:25 PM   #15
Steve30
Techno Viking

I don't know the exact date but I'll ask my brother when I see him. Maybe you could give the city a call. I'm sure they would have it on record. Also, my buddy had some work done at Prochilo's. I don't think you have much to worry about if you're locked in with them. If you aren't though get it to European since they are the best around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyC View Post
Steve - you know that? About the DVP being closed? This happened to me at 12 pm yesterday. I'm going to go to court to settle the careless they dropped on me. I'm happy to plead it down - can't be bothered to set a trial date and such, because the cop was freaking solid!. But knowing they closed the DVP, and details (do you know where online I could find the details?), would help me sell my case. Thanks bro!

E36 ///M3 S54
E30 325 Project

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: