Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-04-2011, 08:09 PM   #16
calegrant
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,268


Quote:
Originally Posted by South View Post

I think you are very stupid or a very subtle troll. A rant is does not present a coherent argument, my response quoted all your video, your argument and presented your idiocy. Basic understanding of our legal system is something I do possess, if you would stop trolling and read what I write then you would find that clear. The mob was in essence detaining the police. Man I do not know if I should continue with such a stupid comment as I addressed this also in my response, so again I will repeat that your mother should have swallowed you.
Look up the definition of a rant, you need to educate yourself some more.

de·tain/diˈtān/
Verb:
Keep (someone) in official custody, typically for questioning about a crime or in politically sensitive situations.
Keep (someone) from proceeding; hold back.

It was detaining the police when they were forced to go above and beyond what is considered normal by pushing and shoving their way out. Again, educate yourself because you seem to have the misconception that opinion or skewed interpretation of law constitutes fact.


Quote:
It does makes a difference they were in riot gear and in numbers as well. It shows that these so called weak minded individuals who chant peaceful slogans for the most part (exception of **** the police from Davis to greece") do not fit the MO of taking on riot police. In fact quite the opposite they chant peacefully with peaceful demands. All quoted and argued in my response above. So again your logic that the students were "trying to psychical coral them and forcing them to comply" is incredibly stupid to even argue. All addressed in my response as well so again your mother should of swallowed you. However, the police did FORCE the protestors to comply, and it wasn't with words in the end, but that is it justified to you because of the outlined view you have Mr. Judge Dred that the law is the law. Again all addressed in my response.
They took on the police when they corralled them in and forced them to make the next move, a move which they took which you're now complaining about. Force wasn't used to remove campers, it was used to free the cops way. You argue that's excessive, I argue they were asking for it by being criminals.




Quote:
Ok you state that the police did not try and stop them from leaving, but clearly the other protestors wanted the release of their fellow protestors, so definitely some of them were stopped from leaving. Besides why should the protestors leave if they are being peaceful, its their right to, and its something the students knew and were heard chanting. Again all in my response. But the law is the law Mr. Judge Dred right? As for your insistence that the police were the ONES being detained, well I have addressed that in this post and in my response. So once again your mother should of swallowed you brohan. As for playing the victim, if that's troll for "have more social solidarity" then I will, thank you.
They broke the law, they got arrested. Kicking and screaming for something you're not rightfully entitled to is something a child does, grow the **** up. Do you stand outside a police station demanding they forfeit their power to uphold the law to release a friend who's been arrested? No, you take appropriate action. They attempted to use intimidation and numbers to get what they wanted, they got a face full of pepper spray instead.

And I get it, my mother should have swallowed me. You've made it extremely clear you're a presumptuous keyboard warrior, if you need to continue with your tirades feel free. GL with life, it seems as though you'll need it.
__________________
calegrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 08:13 PM   #17
fitter527
hates chrome
 
fitter527's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Halifax Nova Scotia
Posts: 548
The problem today is that we have too many laws.on any given day we all probably break at least a dozen BS laws.these laws are there to"protect us and keep us safer".ya right,llike the government really gives a shit about you or i.all they care about is how much more of our moneythey can steal from us.
fitter527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 08:21 PM   #18
calegrant
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,268
Right, because the government is just sitting back counting your tax dollars trying to decide what new toy to put in their driveway next. Honestly, contribute or GTFO. Ignorant tin-foil hattery is not constructive in the least.
__________________
calegrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 08:25 PM   #19
fitter527
hates chrome
 
fitter527's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Halifax Nova Scotia
Posts: 548
Quote:
Originally Posted by calegrant View Post
Right, because the government is just sitting back counting your tax dollars trying to decide what new toy to put in their driveway next. Honestly, contribute or GTFO. Ignorant tin-foil hattery is not constructive in the least.
You really are an idiot.bahaha
fitter527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 08:34 PM   #20
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair
 
Bullet Ride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Guelph
Posts: 5,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by South View Post
Oh man your mom should of swallowed you. OH NO wait I insulted you and now my arguments are void in your world right?
No, your arguments are not void. However they would be much better if you could be more tactful.
__________________

Last edited by Bullet Ride; 12-04-2011 at 08:38 PM.
Bullet Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 08:37 PM   #21
damameke
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,372
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitter527 View Post
You really are an idiot.bahaha
Is he really an idiot ??? his argument was sound, idiot will not present those analysis...and I believed that was the best you can do - calling him an idiot... lol.....
damameke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 08:48 PM   #22
sirex
King Sirex
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 9,850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Ride View Post
No, your arguments are not void. However they would be much better if you could be more tactful.
actually he is quite tactful. look who started call people fools/names first.
__________________
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 09:02 PM   #23
fitter527
hates chrome
 
fitter527's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Halifax Nova Scotia
Posts: 548
Quote:
Originally Posted by damameke View Post
Is he really an idiot ??? his argument was sound, idiot will not present those analysis...and I believed that was the best you can do - calling him an idiot... lol.....
Ok professor.im outta here
fitter527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 09:07 PM   #24
calegrant
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex View Post
actually he is quite tactful. look who started call people fools/names first.
No one expects this to be a competition of who can be the most polite, but every reply he puts up is littered with insults. It's childish but I don't think anyone expect any better any more. Disagreeing with someone and openly looking down on their views are one thing, flat out insults and saying they're the load their mother should've swallowed earn an ass kicking at meets....but that would require one to have a car actually worth bringing out to a meet.

So far you've said my views are a joke and that I'm a troll, tact is not something which you posses nor an understanding of it's definition. 282 of the 295 threads you've contributed to this forum have been made in the OT forum, and I'm the troll? New school keyboard warrior generation, gotta love it.
__________________

Last edited by calegrant; 12-04-2011 at 09:16 PM.
calegrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 09:28 PM   #25
South
3rd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto?waterloo
Posts: 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by calegrant View Post
Look up the definition of a rant, you need to educate yourself some more.

de·tain/diˈtān/
Verb:
Keep (someone) in official custody, typically for questioning about a crime or in politically sensitive situations.
Keep (someone) from proceeding; hold back.

It was detaining the police when they were forced to go above and beyond what is considered normal by pushing and shoving their way out. Again, educate yourself because you seem to have the misconception that opinion or skewed interpretation of law constitutes fact.




They took on the police when they corralled them in and forced them to make the next move, a move which they took which you're now complaining about. Force wasn't used to remove campers, it was used to free the cops way. You argue that's excessive, I argue they were asking for it by being criminals.






They broke the law, they got arrested. Kicking and screaming for something you're not rightfully entitled to is something a child does, grow the **** up. Do you stand outside a police station demanding they forfeit their power to uphold the law to release a friend who's been arrested? No, you take appropriate action. They attempted to use intimidation and numbers to get what they wanted, they got a face full of pepper spray instead.

And I get it, my mother should have swallowed me. You've made it extremely clear you're a presumptuous keyboard warrior, if you need to continue with your tirades feel free. GL with life, it seems as though you'll need it.
hehehehe. Well at least you started quoting me a bit!


"It was detaining the police when they were forced to go above and beyond what is considered normal by pushing and shoving their way out. Again, educate yourself because you seem to have the misconception that opinion or skewed interpretation of law constitutes fact. "

"They took on the police when they corralled them in and forced them to make the next move, a move which they took which you're now complaining about. Force wasn't used to remove campers, it was used to free the cops way. You argue that's excessive, I argue they were asking for it by being criminals. "

Ok, well perhaps your still replying to my other response to you, nevertheless I will quote it again "in summery the OWS is "necessary and [has] noble ideals"(your quote) but yet the necessary and noble ideals would have the laws legally passed removed/changed. To do this the OWS has protests and camp outs, which get new laws passed legally and makes the home turf of the OWS illegal. You then say that since it is a law that OWS should just pack up and go and protest this new law to be able to protest the initial OWS ideals that address other laws that effect the elites. The same elites that probably influenced and created the new laws prohibiting the OWS movement from growing and even surviving."

By elitist standards they are breaking tort law, just as Ghandis movement was breaking British law.

"They broke the law, they got arrested. Kicking and screaming for something you're not rightfully entitled to is something a child does, grow the **** up. Do you stand outside a police station demanding they forfeit their power to uphold the law to release a friend who's been arrested? No, you take appropriate action. They attempted to use intimidation and numbers to get what they wanted, they got a face full of pepper spray instead. "

They are entitled to
Right to freedom of thought
Right to freedom of speech and press
Right to freedom of association
Right to freedom of movement within the country

So they are "kicking and screaming", well peacefully marching and chanting is how I would put it, for things THEY ARE rightfully entitled to. Neither are they asking for police to give up forfeit power, they are pleading peacefully not uphold a law purposely designed to destroy their movement. Also its a movement, the numbers and intimidation or as you put it and I paraphrase "smiling laughing runts" is hardly being used in this situation to get police to give up their power. Again I watched your video in all earnestness and quoted all the chants and yells from the protest. Please reread that.

So yes they are breaking the law. We are on the same page. Do you agree it is a law passed recently for the purpose of dismantling the movement? Is this a just law? Is it something an average human being, including an officer can stand up and say I will not follow this law because it is unjust?

Ok fine do not agree it is a unjust law then how do you deal with this "criminals". Ask them to leave, they don't. Threaten use of force, they don't. Use force, they don't. What then?

The non violent and conflict resolution paradigms are being used in this movement. They succeed through the power of communication, respect for interests and needs (win/win solutions), collective advocacy and willpower and discipline to reject violence. These come in reflex to problems from troubled historical relationships between groups and individuals, misconceptions and self-serving biases and miscommunication, relations of domination and subordination. Thus the worst thing you can do with movements that follow these paradigms is to use force. Negotiation is the only way, Ghandi is the quintessential vanguard of that and look how successful it was.

Force was used, you claim because the police were detained, and as that video whats to propagate, threatened. That they were interfering with police business, yet I say that police business to arrest protestors in the first place was unjustified on moral grounds. Yes I get it the law is the law.

Force was used on these "criminals" just as I keep using the analogy of 1940s India and how the British used force on India's "criminals". Now Mr. Judge Dred the law is the law, but it can be manipulated by the interests of private groups and actors. The quintessential critique of a liberal democracy, this is not some tin-foil hat conspiracy crap. This is fundamental democratic institutional analyses.

"And I get it, my mother should have swallowed me. You've made it extremely clear you're a presumptuous keyboard warrior, if you need to continue with your tirades feel free. GL with life, it seems as though you'll need it"

Hey I'll take all the luck and amusing insults I can give out as much as I can in my life! hehe
South is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 09:39 PM   #26
South
3rd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto?waterloo
Posts: 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by calegrant View Post
No one expects this to be a competition of who can be the most polite, but every reply he puts up is littered with insults. It's childish but I don't think anyone expect any better any more. Disagreeing with someone and openly looking down on their views are one thing, flat out insults and saying they're the load their mother should've swallowed earn an ass kicking at meets....but that would require one to have a car actually worth bringing out to a meet.

So far you've said my views are a joke and that I'm a troll, tact is not something which you posses nor an understanding of it's definition. 282 of the 295 threads you've contributed to this forum have been made in the OT forum, and I'm the troll? New school keyboard warrior generation, gotta love it.
Well every time I do say your mom should of swallowed you is after I debunk your position and point out the stupidity. So give me credit its based on something. You know I say your position is point A and I say its based on Point B and thus point A has no base and to not be able to see Point B because of whatever then I think you are stupid. That sort of jist of things.

If an analogy would be due, then its not like your christian and I'm agnostic and I call you an idiot and insult you for no reason. I have reasons, I present them and finish them with an amusing insult that granted does have a sense of humor appealing probably just to me. Also never said I have tact, someone else did and guys can we not make this about me. As I stated in the other thread I do not come here to convince people LOL. I come out here to make sure people do not get away with things I disagree with, and to see what people do say about these issues. So in the real life when I hear it I am not speechless from the amount of ignorance I couldn't imagine existed, generally speaking of course.

As for the OT posts I have, because I am interested in OT things more than the BMW sections probably due because I am new to BMW and could not contribute much. This does not make me a troll. If you want you can literally go through every thread and I back up my arguments brohan, and when asked to clarify facts and such I try my best in all earnestness.
South is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 09:45 PM   #27
calegrant
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,268
Thanks for going out of your way to respond to a post which was not directed at you, I have a knife if you need to pop that inflated ego of yours.
__________________
calegrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 09:46 PM   #28
South
3rd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto?waterloo
Posts: 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by calegrant View Post
Right, because the government is just sitting back counting your tax dollars trying to decide what new toy to put in their driveway next. Honestly, contribute or GTFO. Ignorant tin-foil hattery is not constructive in the least.
This was in response to a generic steroetype that government do not care about us and just want our money. Well see that comment really really really has alot of precedent if you take business history. Since the later half of 20th century and to this day we have followed the expansionist model for our economy (make the pie bigger). As I think mentioned a bit in the other thread there were case studies shown, again I will recall the 2008 financial institute and the the cause of it. Government deregulation advocated by corporation lobby groups who lobby and thus give money to the government if it suits their interests. Again this follows the propaganda model presented by Noam Chomsky. Not some tin foil conspiracy unfortunately, but actually proven used the scientific method. Which as you should know has been the most successful public institution for the past 300 years.

So next time ask for more information for the basis of that conclusion you bash. You should know, I mean you seem to advocate respect for others views so is it much to ask for more information of "how the government is trying to take our money or is being selfish or whatever". Again this was all addressed in the other thread so his comment is contributing to one side I guess

Last edited by South; 12-04-2011 at 10:13 PM.
South is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 09:52 PM   #29
South
3rd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto?waterloo
Posts: 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by calegrant View Post
Thanks for going out of your way to respond to a post which was not directed at you, I have a knife if you need to pop that inflated ego of yours.
This notion of personal conversation on a public forum about a public incident is incredibly stupid. I am arguing the issue of the Davis incident and to a larger extent the OWS itself, among other issues that present themselves by extension. So yeah I reply to all comments I disagree that pertain to this. And yes I will take the time to present an argument with a basis. I guess that means I have an ego. OK. so be it. Along these lines I present the following insult "you've got an IQ of 2. Pitty it takes 3 to grunt."
South is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 10:00 PM   #30
calegrant
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by South View Post
This notion of personal conversation on a public forum about a public incident is incredibly stupid.
You intercept a statement made specifically about one member's post history just so you can respond to it as thought it had been directed towards you, even after it's clearly a quotation of another member? Argue that misunderstanding of yours more plz.
__________________
calegrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2015