Bimmercruise scored a Group Buy special with Mechunik for some of their electronic accessories.
Please start a list on this thread if you're interested.
Canada-wide shipping & taxes included in the price.
Minimum number of people to commit for this price is 10
Regular pricing is $90.00 +tax +shipping ($40 savings)
What Exactly is it?
Device that makes your (non Bluetooth) car Bluetooth enabled media (music & phone calls) accessible via AUX input.
Bluetooth Wireless Audio Receiver
Wirelessly connect your phone or bluetooth enabled device to your BMW with the Mechunik SonicWave Receiver
No more plugging in to get your music or to make and receive calls.
It also works on laptops and anywhere you have a USB power source and an audio-in jack!
Features and Benefits Of This Product
The Mechunik SonicWave Receiver connects to your device via bluetooth, transmitting music and voice calls from your device to your vehicles audio via the 3.5mm audio jack, while being powered by the USB port.
Simply plug the Receiver into the USB port, connect the audio jack to the vehicle & Receiver, connect the phone mic and pair up your device.
Most newer BMW vehicles come equipped with an 3.5mm audio jack which this device plugs into. If your vehicle does not have an audio jack visit this link
You will require a different cable [female on one end and male on the other] to connect to the Receiver.
Most newer vehicles also have a USB jack for charging or data transmitting. (you are only using USB for supplying power; audio is transmitted via 3.5mm jack).
If your vehicle does not have a USB jack you can purchase one at your local electronic store that plugs into your lighter socket.
Audio Quality Enhancements:
-The built-in professional equalizer enhances the performance of audio coming from cell phones to produce a high quality Bluetooth lossless audio transmission.
-Built-in advanced power supply isolation circuit completely removes noise interference from
vehicle power supply with the flick of a switch (on the side of the Receiver)
-The directional microphone effectively reduces the interference echo in voice calls.
- Communication mode: Bluetooth standard specifications of Ver.3.0+EDR
- Output power: Bluetooth standard specifications of Power Class 2
- Farthest communication distance: Within 10m in good sight condition
- Using frequency range: 2.4GHz (2.402GHz～2.480GHz)
- Frequency modulation: FHSS
- Supports Bluetooth protocol: A2DP, HFP, HSP
- Supports encoding: SBC, atpX
- Supports content protection: SCMS-T
- Transmission frequency 20～20,000Hz (in sampling frequency of 44.1kHz)
- Microphone type: External 3.5mm socket
- Microphone sensitivity: -67 - 4dB (finished product ,0dB=1V/Pa,1KHz)
- Microphone response frequency: 100Hz～10kHz
- Maximum output power:0.75Vrms (T.H.D <0.1%) ,SNR93dB
- Output terminal: 3.5mm stereo socket
- DCV Power source: From Car (USB 5V)
- Size: W20 x H76 xD10mm
- Operating temperature range: 0C～70C
- Accessories: 3.5mm signal line, External MIC
USB right angle adaptor available for vehicles where the unit may be longer that the supplied space.
The Receiver unit sticks out about 2 1/4 inches beyond the USB socket. Most BMWs will have enough space (including E90/E92 arm rests).
If you think your vehicle will not have enough room, we recommend adding the right angle adaptor to your order
Also note n the pictures where how the connector looks to make sure the angle is going in the direction you require.
This is very important.
What Itís Made From
The Receiver is made from an black aluminum body with plastic red accents.
What's Inside the Box
Each kit includes a 3.5mm Stereo Audio Connector, a microphone and the SonicWave Receiver.