Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-05-2011, 03:05 PM   #31
UZI-9MM
E21 Fanatic
 
UZI-9MM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 15
Hey M1_DRM, thanks for the post.

This is something I always think about each winter, where to store my classic BMW.

I am going to go check them out...
UZI-9MM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 01:51 PM   #32
alldaylngbmw
no such thing as too fast
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2
Hey there,
I usually store mine at Auto Vault. From personal experience and from what I've read on other forums, people seem to be very happy with their service. They're very secure cuz they store mainly high-end vehicles. Just used them this past year, but give him a call - Gary. competitive pricing.

http://www.autovaultcanada.com
alldaylngbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 03:18 PM   #33
E30 Girl
6th Gear Member
 
E30 Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Lea$ide
Posts: 2,433
Send a message via MSN to E30 Girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Dot_E30 View Post
Your better off renting a condo parking for $100/mth, some can be found for less if you look outside the city.
I'll be happy to rent out a couple spots to max members next winter for $70 a month...I live in a condo with security and cameras.
E30 Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:07 PM   #34
5style
Hatters gon Hatt
 
5style's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Toronot
Posts: 5,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by E30 Girl View Post
I'll be happy to rent out a couple spots to max members next winter for $70 a month...I live in a condo with security and cameras.
I would like to go on that list, i am paying way more than that!!!
__________________
Cayenne hunting!
5style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:09 PM   #35
5style
Hatters gon Hatt
 
5style's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Toronot
Posts: 5,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by alldaylngbmw View Post
Hey there,
I usually store mine at Auto Vault. From personal experience and from what I've read on other forums, people seem to be very happy with their service. They're very secure cuz they store mainly high-end vehicles. Just used them this past year, but give him a call - Gary. competitive pricing.

http://www.autovaultcanada.com
$300 a month for open storage? jeeze id like to be loaded like you
__________________
Cayenne hunting!
5style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:10 AM   #36
E30 Girl
6th Gear Member
 
E30 Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Lea$ide
Posts: 2,433
Send a message via MSN to E30 Girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5style View Post
I would like to go on that list, i am paying way more than that!!!
Let me know next year and we can work something out!
E30 Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:26 AM   #37
SiR
Vtec just kicked in
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: TO
Posts: 2,739
^^^
Quote:
Torque - How Far The Wall Moves
thats not technically correct...
unless the wall is rotating about a given axis...
__________________
-||Old Crayons||-
SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 11:40 AM   #38
5style
Hatters gon Hatt
 
5style's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Toronot
Posts: 5,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiR View Post
^^^

thats not technically correct...
unless the wall is rotating about a given axis...
if you drive a car along an axis into a wall, its true. lol
__________________
Cayenne hunting!
5style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:37 PM   #39
Euro_7
3rd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: toronto
Posts: 368
It's all about peace of mind, if you can afford $200 a month then that works for you. Personally, I have my car parked at my cousins condo for $50 a month. As far as security goes, it's parked beside an R8 and the owner seems like a nice guy and says he hasnt had a problem in years and if there is one we both pay insurance for a reason.
__________________
Euro_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 01:25 PM   #40
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator
 
T.Dot_E30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: T.Dot
Posts: 9,413
FYI: It isn't liquid salt, the reason they use it is because it's less corrosive and better for the environment. I think it's some sort of Calcium they spray on the roads.


Also depends on what you are storing also.

A $50k+ or $100k car probably requires a bit more security, but then again there are alot of 100k cars stored in garages around town, that's insurance is for as mentioned above.

For me, I ain't storing a car unless it's something rare that doesn't depreciate or a track car. Otherwise i'm driving that shit year round.

Of course if I owned a 4 garage house and owned several cars, then for sure thing i'd 'not drive' certain ones as much during the winter.
__________________
T.Dot_E30 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 01:39 PM   #41
E30 Girl
6th Gear Member
 
E30 Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Lea$ide
Posts: 2,433
Send a message via MSN to E30 Girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Dot_E30 View Post
FYI: It isn't liquid salt, the reason they use it is because it's less corrosive and better for the environment. I think it's some sort of Calcium they spray on the roads.


Also depends on what you are storing also.

A $50k+ or $100k car probably requires a bit more security, but then again there are alot of 100k cars stored in garages around town, that's insurance is for as mentioned above.

For me, I ain't storing a car unless it's something rare that doesn't depreciate or a track car. Otherwise i'm driving that shit year round.

Of course if I owned a 4 garage house and owned several cars, then for sure thing i'd 'not drive' certain ones as much during the winter.
I agree with this as proven by the fact I used to drive the E36 all year round even when it was still in good shape. For me my car isn't really an ideal winter car and being that it's a Florida car and I went through all the trouble of getting a southern car I'll continue to store it...it also makes working on it soooooo much easier cause nothing is caked with crap and hard to take apart!
E30 Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 12:08 AM   #42
5style
Hatters gon Hatt
 
5style's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Toronot
Posts: 5,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by E30 Girl View Post
I agree with this as proven by the fact I used to drive the E36 all year round even when it was still in good shape. For me my car isn't really an ideal winter car and being that it's a Florida car and I went through all the trouble of getting a southern car I'll continue to store it...it also makes working on it soooooo much easier cause nothing is caked with crap and hard to take apart!
yeah im in that boat too, a e36 318 is no picnic in the snow, its downright horrid, because of a relatively low curb weight, meaning its super easy to get "framed" in deep snow and completely stuck even with lsd.

From experience bmw_7's 318 sedan with lsd got horribly stuck in montreal in deep snow multple times, had to get pulled out a few times, and it was even weighed down with weights over the rear axle too.

325 e36 on the other hand, also with lsd, no such problem, more weight from auto tranny, mid size diff, etc.

Last year I had to store my car outside, which was fine as there was no salt dust in MTL and the car was not on the street, didn't get ruined, but the one time I had to move it, I got stuck like a pita.

Thus, a s2000 with its low clearance and low weight is a recipe for no fun in deep snow.

The one thing that really bothers me about winter is the salting. Its overkill these days, and frankly if it wasn't for that, I think more people would winter drive. My car is clean and with e36s dropping like flies, no point in killing another i guess.
__________________
Cayenne hunting!
5style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 05:21 AM   #43
propr'one
op sucks cock
 
propr'one's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: T.
Posts: 17,726
Send a message via MSN to propr'one
Linds' car is way cleaner than mine, and unlike here ontario uses salt, so i understand why she wouldn't want to drive hers in the winter. But my car and hers are both relatively low, relatively light cars with reasonable power. I drive mine in the snow (with no stories) all the time.
__________________
I run a canadian HID kit company, if you have any questions about hid kits in canada or would like to check out our products please contact me here: http://absolutehid.ca

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
propr'one is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 10:43 AM   #44
5style
Hatters gon Hatt
 
5style's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Toronot
Posts: 5,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by propr'one View Post
Linds' car is way cleaner than mine, and unlike here ontario uses salt, so i understand why she wouldn't want to drive hers in the winter. But my car and hers are both relatively low, relatively light cars with reasonable power. I drive mine in the snow (with no stories) all the time.
That midcase diff , tranny and s54 give you just enough weight in the right places, just like a 325 and up.

A z3 would be like a 318, hard time in deep snow.
__________________
Cayenne hunting!
5style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 03:46 PM   #45
propr'one
op sucks cock
 
propr'one's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: T.
Posts: 17,726
Send a message via MSN to propr'one
A s54 weighs less than 100 pouds more than a m44.

Maybe over-filling the windshield washer reservoir will help? Or me eating a sandwich before driving?
__________________
I run a canadian HID kit company, if you have any questions about hid kits in canada or would like to check out our products please contact me here: http://absolutehid.ca

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
propr'one is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
storage

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2014