Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-28-2011, 05:37 PM   #1
M1_DRM
1st Gear Newbie

Where do you store your car for the winter?

Hey everyone,

Just wondering where everyone stores their car during the winter? I have been tossing my M3 in my parents garage for the longest time, but looking for a place as it is getting tight in there. I found a place in Toronto by chance on the web while looking for Black Friday deals. The prices looks good, but wanted to see what everyone else is doing? They have a site 'citadelstorage.ca' but i ending up calling them for the prices. The guy I was speaking too was nice and mentioned they have special rates for clubs and groups. What has everyone else seen out there? Want to do a bit of homework before I commit.

Maybe I can get a group deal for MaxBimmer members !!!
M1_DRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 10:44 AM   #2
M1_DRM
1st Gear Newbie

update on car Storage

Just an update.
I ended up storing my M3 at Citadel Storage. They had some good deals recently and he said he would extend the deals to MaxBimmer members. Not sure how he will do it but said to let the others member mention the site and he will extended the Black Friday deal. Pretty straight forward and the guy was cool about what options are available without pushing it. There are good deals if you have more than one car/motorcycle/rv/etc.....
check them out if you are interested www.citadelstorage.ca.. Tell them that Eric from the Maxbimmer site referred you.
Old 12-01-2011, 05:54 PM   #3
Arash
6th Gear Member

Mind sharing how much you're paying per month?
Arash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 06:56 PM   #4
M1_DRM
1st Gear Newbie

I don't mind at all.
There was 2 packages that he offered me and I went with what they called the 'Executive Package' for $200 a month. This included battery charging, tire pressure checks and adjustments, and some others stuff. The reason I went with this for the exercising of the vehicle. They have an indoor area where they will take the car for short drives regularily. The lower package I think was only dollars less a month.

Mention that you are a MaxBimmer member and he will extend the deal that I got. Unless you have more toys to bring him, i think he will give you a better deal. Pretty good guy.
Old 12-01-2011, 07:02 PM   #5
noodles101
ΛΦΕ

^^ but do you really trust your M driven by other ppl without your supervision?
Old 12-01-2011, 07:20 PM   #6
M1_DRM
1st Gear Newbie

Sure. I look at it being pretty much the same as leaving it at a mechanics. They also record the KM in I doubt they would be that dumb to take drives with a customers car. Especially with the types of cars I seen in there. I think they are pretty professional about it. I guess I will wait and see.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:05 PM   #7
1bmw1
3rd Gear Member

Hmm, this is interesting. I was looking for a place to store my newly aquired E46, but i would probably leave the driving to me.
Old 12-01-2011, 09:40 PM   #8
M1_DRM
1st Gear Newbie

I truly miss the car already, but was storing it in my parents garage, then my garage. Was a headache trying to move around it and not hit it when getting the snow blower out. A lot easier now and the place is climate control.

@1bmw1 - there is a package where they do not drive the car and it remains parked for duration. I choose for them to drive the car around indoors 1-2 months for tire rotation and let the car stretch out a bit.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:12 PM   #9
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
why the hell would you want them to drive your car? This is a bad idea. Dont drive your car in the winter. Leave it stored, no reason to run it.

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
hid headlights hid kit
propr'one is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 12:00 AM   #10
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

Quote:
Originally Posted by propr'one View Post
why the hell would you want them to drive your car? This is a bad idea. Dont drive your car in the winter. Leave it stored, no reason to run it.
100% agreed
Old 12-02-2011, 09:17 AM   #11
M1_DRM
1st Gear Newbie

They don't drive your car outdoors. They drive it indoors only.

They have a huge facility and there is a section for exercising the cars away from all the other cars. I wouldn't agree to outdoor driving. That would be crazy.

This was one of the reason why I like this place - indoor driving. The place is pretty cool, if you have the need, check them out.
Old 12-02-2011, 09:19 AM   #12
///Maluco
5erholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by propr'one View Post
^^^+1
Just overinflate your tires and top off your tank (incl. fuel stabilizer).
If they allow you to plug in a trickle charger, that would be a bonus. If not, remove the battery and bring it home.
As a side note, you can add some 2" blocks of styrofoam under each tire too to further reduce concerns of flat spotting. I've read recently that with today's tire technology, flat spotting tires over the winter months is something of the past. IMO, it doesn't take me that long to drive onto four pieces of thick foam so I still add them during storage anyways.
Add an open box of baking soda in the interior somewhere and leave a window slightly open for better air circulation.

BTW...Thanks for sharing the location and fees. I'm sure that will provide others with another option if they come across a situation like yourself.

Bimmer Mag......................October 2010.....................Issue No. 93
///Maluco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 09:26 AM   #13
M1_DRM
1st Gear Newbie

@Maluco - Those are some good tips for storage. I did many of them when I was storing my car at home.

The bake soda trick is a new one I haven't heard of.

Thanks
Old 12-02-2011, 12:18 PM   #14
325isdan
5th Gear Member

Do they provide liability if they damage your car?
325isdan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 01:10 PM   #15
M1_DRM
1st Gear Newbie

Yes, if they damage your car. You still required to have insurance on your car for theft and other stuff. They explained what was needed and what was covered.

Tags
storage

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: