Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-19-2012, 03:35 PM   #1
Jonas007
1st Gear Newbie

Difference between diversity antennas?

Hello there, so I have an E91 wagon and the circuit board "diversity antenna" died. It's in the rear spoiler thing on the wagon, and the horrible design BMW did just let water constantly get in there until the corrosion destroyed the board.

I've found one online to replace it for $229 which isn't terrible, but this board should be worth about $10 considering the components and resistors on it.

My question is about the part for the sedan working interchangeably. I'm not certain as I haven't seen a photo, but from the diagram it looks like the connectors are the same. The wreckers have ZERO wagons across all of Canada, while there are plenty of 325/330 E90 sedans that have this type of board. The part number is different, but I would also question why BMW designed two separate parts considering they have the identical function.

Sooooo, all that said, doesn't anyone know if these are interchangeable?

For reference the sedan one is in the back of the middle of the headliner by the rear windshield.
Old 01-20-2012, 05:36 PM   #2
limenuke
2nd Gear Member

Do you have any wiring diagrams or pictures of the parts?
limenuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 02:17 PM   #3
Jonas007
1st Gear Newbie

No diagrams, that's what I'm trying to get. I could of course take a photo of the board from my wagon, but without a photo of the sedan board to compare to, it wouldn't help much I don't think.
Old 01-27-2012, 10:51 AM   #4
Jonas007
1st Gear Newbie

I may have solved my own problem here...looks like some of the connectors are in different spots from one board to the other, and even the connector types are different. One of the flat ribbon cables from the e91 looks to be round on the e90...too much hassle to extend the cables and change them:

http://tis.spaghetticoder.org/s/view.pl?1/11/22/00

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: