Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-27-2011, 09:02 PM   #1
maxbmw
1st Gear Newbie

A couple of recommendations please.

Im hoping you could give me some recommendations on the following:
1. Car insurance. I've been with Statefarm for years and Im wondering if there are better choices out there. Im looking for multiple car coverage. If there are those who can insure my car and house to get more discounts that would be great.

2. Rogers. I have basically all their key offerings: internet, landline, wireless, tv. Does moving to bell a good thing? Im thinking there are probably some of you who ditched rogers/bell completely for something else? I dont mind losing my landline but would like to have internet, tv and wireless phone. Any recommendations?

Thanks.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
It's been a long time trying to post here only to always get the dreaded msg that my account doesnt have the permission to post. So I go on lurking mode most of the time. I should have contacted max to get my account sorted out early on. Anyways thanks Bruce for the privilege.
maxbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 09:51 PM   #2
BMW Rated
Knowledge is power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbmw View Post
Im hoping you could give me some recommendations on the following:
1. Car insurance. I've been with Statefarm for years and Im wondering if there are better choices out there. Im looking for multiple car coverage. If there are those who can insure my car and house to get more discounts that would be great.

2. Rogers. I have basically all their key offerings: internet, landline, wireless, tv. Does moving to bell a good thing? Im thinking there are probably some of you who ditched rogers/bell completely for something else? I dont mind losing my landline but would like to have internet, tv and wireless phone. Any recommendations?

Thanks.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
It's been a long time trying to post here only to always get the dreaded msg that my account doesnt have the permission to post. So I go on lurking mode most of the time. I should have contacted max to get my account sorted out early on. Anyways thanks Bruce for the privilege.
Bell internet is not as quick as Rogers and in most cases if you have been with an insurance company for a while, they are usually the cheapest but you can check by doing a online quote from here http://www.kanetix.ca/insurance-quotes-plp it will give you a rough idea it usually sways a bit up or down but....it is a good point of reference. Hope that helps.
BMW Rated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 10:17 PM   #3
damameke
6th Gear Member

Loyalty to A company,one does not get the best pricing anymore,especially with insurance company, I suggest you call around for quotes, you be surprised
to find the difference....

PM hockeyfan27, he is a member here and he will get you the best quote..

As for point 2.. do the same and you wil also be surprised what Rogers will do once you tel them what Bell or other Telco can offer you....
damameke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 09:22 AM   #4
BMWdouche
Not Banned... Yet

Switching to Teksavvy next week. I've had both Bell & Rogers... Bell is by far worse, but have heard good things bout Teksavvy so will be giving them a try.
BMWdouche is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 05:16 PM   #5
maxbmw
1st Gear Newbie

thanks. anybody else have recommendations for ins and rogers replacement?

Last edited by maxbmw; 11-29-2011 at 05:26 PM.
maxbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 12:46 PM   #6
xfactor
1st Gear Newbie

I'm with statefarm and have my bike/car/house with them. I called belair direct and would be able to save 20%. Thinking about switching...
xfactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 01:08 PM   #7
sproule905
6th Gear Member

TD Molesche Monnex = WIN

sproule905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 03:46 PM   #8
njansenv
3rd Gear Member

I'll second TD Meloche Monnex. My insurance is nearly half of what I paid at State Farm, and I was with State farm for 14 years before their continually rising rates got me shopping. SF offered great service when I did need it, but I'll happily save $100+/month.

Gone: '99 M3 vert, '98 M3 sedan, '91 E30, '89 E30, '87 E30, '91 Euro M5, '93 6-speed Corvette, STI v8 swapped '98 Impreza, '73 2002, 2004 325iT
njansenv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 04:37 PM   #9
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sproule905 View Post
TD Molesche Monnex = WIN
We've had terrible experience of overcharging us.

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Avus Blue/Grey/Black:.
Toys
'88 BMW 635CSi Blue/Tan Sport
'81 MB 500 SEC Euro Koenig
'91 Alfa Romer 164S- Red/Black/ Recaro interior
bmwm5lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 05:34 PM   #10
Sirjetblack
1st Gear Newbie

Tech savvy n magic jack
Sirjetblack is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: