Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-21-2011, 09:28 PM   #16
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?

-

scene from Good Will Hunting and pertinent to the principles of liberty in its condemnation of killing people abroad who have done no harm to you personally.
Old 11-21-2011, 09:31 PM   #17
A~G
Car Payment Free

Send a message via MSN to A~G
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex View Post
I just want to say this:

Police are humans too. But they are different type of humans. Just like Serial killers and sociopaths exist, so do police officers.

Im sorry for any cops out there, but police have a different attitude and thought process... Very, very, very rare that you get a cop that is just like "you and me."

That being said, I dont stir shit. If an officer needs my help with something or wants to ask me some questions that arent out of the ordinary, I am fairly complacent because at the end of the day I want to do the right thing and I know that despire police being odd people, I think they want to try and do whats right.
You think they are like that when they're off duty? I think some may be but remember they also deal with the worst of the worst in society, so they have to maintain a very authoritative stance when dealing with the general public. Even when talking to people who seem otherwise compliant/normal they have to keep the same attitude. Afterall, would you take a cop seriously if he/she were too friendly/laid back? Maybe... but authority and control is what they're about.

Yeah they come across as being on a power trip, and yeah I can see many of them probably are... but I know some police officers who are nothing like they seem when they are on the job.

+ Usually when you are speaking to a cop its a serious topic/matter. No too many of them will simply pull you over/knock on your door to say "hello there friend"

That being said, cops such as the ones in the video above should be fired.

A~G

Man who run in front of car get tired.
Man who run behind car get exhausted.
A~G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 09:48 PM   #18
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

im tired of the bs glorification of that job.
Old 11-21-2011, 10:03 PM   #19
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?

-

Old 11-21-2011, 10:27 PM   #20
South
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmdbley'sBro View Post
-

+1000000000000000000-the speaker in the video is a bit disjointed in furthering his ideas, but he is arguing from the institutional analysis of the Bretton woods institution and the expansionist model of the economic "pie" America has created through the Grand Area Doctrine. Great video, any part of it is based on facts and I await the comments heh.

and I'll add to the initial comment of what good people should do, with this:
South is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 10:34 PM   #21
South
3rd Gear Member

update

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-15830104

update on the cop involved, getting suspended, seriously though is that a slap on the wrist or what? The shit they can get away with even with all this publicity, damn, I hope serious charges get laid on him.
Old 11-21-2011, 10:44 PM   #22
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by South View Post
and I'll add to the initial comment of what good people should do, with this:
This is what "good people" should do to a cop what uses excessive force? GTFO. As disgusting as it is to see a cop using excessive force, it's equally as disgusting to see a mob attack a that cop and kick the shit out of him from all sides leaving him lying unconscious on the ground. All those people that attacked the cop are as much of a piece of shit as that cop was. The only person who deserved to dish out on the cop was the guy the cop was dishing out on.
Old 11-21-2011, 10:45 PM   #23
A~G
Car Payment Free

Send a message via MSN to A~G
Quote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-15830104

update on the cop involved, getting suspended, seriously though is that a slap on the wrist or what? The shit they can get away with even with all this publicity, damn, I hope serious charges get laid on him.
+ sprains his ankle. or maybe hits his toe getting into bed at night.

nothing bad... just some bad karma to go with whatever charges get laid.

A~G

Man who run in front of car get tired.
Man who run behind car get exhausted.
A~G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 10:53 PM   #24
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

actually that was great seeing that cop get beat down.

a bit excessive on their part but i have no tolerance for bullies like that. you arent special because you chose that job. expect a reaction if you take shit there.
Old 11-21-2011, 10:54 PM   #25
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

Last edited by SiR; 11-21-2011 at 11:00 PM.
SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 01:58 AM   #26
calegrant
6th Gear Member

I love how so many of these incidents occur around universities. Is it because they're more willing to stand up against injustice and for what they think is fair, or is it the more likely case of it being an area with a high concentration of overly ideological children who think they're untouchable and that their view of right and wrong is the superior one. I've seen it many times at UVIC, it's nothing new for groups of young, arrogant impressionable youth to form groups to fight a cause no matter the outcome or validity. It's seems as though it's more of a fad than anything. I don't condone what the police do in these situations nor am I saying these are not justified protests, but you can't disregard the fact of who the "victims" of these cases usually are.
Old 11-22-2011, 05:09 AM   #27
South
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by calegrant View Post
I love how so many of these incidents occur around universities. Is it because they're more willing to stand up against injustice and for what they think is fair, or is it the more likely case of it being an area with a high concentration of overly ideological children who think they're untouchable and that their view of right and wrong is the superior one. I've seen it many times at UVIC, it's nothing new for groups of young, arrogant impressionable youth to form groups to fight a cause no matter the outcome or validity. It's seems as though it's more of a fad than anything. I don't condone what the police do in these situations nor am I saying these are not justified protests, but you can't disregard the fact of who the "victims" of these cases usually are.
nope actually the reason you might think it is around universities more or less is that we all love to use our smart phones and record shit, gets a lot of publicity....but no, looking at incidents there are the same, and I get the impression more, of stuff like these in city squares and such. And if it is ideological for us children to be against tuition raises then, so if that view is "superior" to all others or whatever you say then yeah sure....LOL.....oh and it sure is a fad spending time non violating protesting shit and getting sprayed in the face for.....

so lets recap.

The first video is the main topic, the California university having a solidarity protest for OWS

The other video a student protest that happened in Montreal of students marching against tuition hike

" it's nothing new for groups of young, arrogant impressionable youth to form groups to fight a cause no matter the outcome or validity. It's seems as though it's more of a fad than anything."

perhaps fighting a rival university over a sport? but that is all people in general, case in point Vancouver hockey crap. So where is invalidity of marching against tuition hikes or having a OWS solidarity sit in of a public place? What fad is this? there havn't been this first world protest movements since the 70s....so for 4 decades almost there haven't been these "fads".

In fact our generation is apathetic towards engagement, hence why almost every prof I have here at waterloo mentions why we need to engender engagement in young Canadians. So sorry this "fad" you think we ideological kids have is mistaken, we are in fact lazy and apathetic when it comes to this stuff.

That all being said, it means there IS a lot to protest about THAT have validity. This validity, in this thread, comes at least to the issue if tuition raises are invalid or not... TRY arguing they aren't, and by your comment you have not had to pay your way through university or, probably haven't been to university if you think you can categorize us kids as ideological youth that have fads and think our way is superior. Also remember, the above mentioned, ignorance of the fact there is a serious lack of engendered engagement among youth really debunks your categorization.

So take your "personal experience" (ROFL) at UVIC and shove it up your generalizing ass ok bud?

......protesting tuition hikes and corporate structural problems a fad.......wow the idiocy

"I don't condone what the police do in these situations nor am I saying these are not justified protests, but you can't disregard the fact of who the "victims" of these cases usually are"
Wtf are you even saying now? so these are impressionable youth that have fads with no validity, but now you are saying that they are/maybe justified issues? You can't disregard the "victims" in this, what the hell are you talking about anymore, who do you think the victims that are being disregarded are other than the students that get beat and sprayed in the face with mace by the cops for a nonviolent movement? go back into your hole please.

Last edited by South; 11-22-2011 at 05:19 AM.
Old 11-22-2011, 05:13 AM   #28
South
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiR View Post
actually that was great seeing that cop get beat down.

a bit excessive on their part but i have no tolerance for bullies like that. you arent special because you chose that job. expect a reaction if you take shit there.
agreed, bet that cop will think twice before using excessive force...........

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Id rather have a public that is at least willing to stop brutality then do nothing in the face of it, even if renders a cop unconscious.
Old 11-22-2011, 08:21 AM   #29
325isdan
5th Gear Member

Quote:
agreed, bet that cop will think twice before using excessive force...........

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Id rather have a public that is at least willing to stop brutality then do nothing in the face of it, even if renders a cop unconscious.
Stopping brutality is different then participating in it.
325isdan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 10:41 AM   #30
calegrant
6th Gear Member

Quote:
nope actually the reason you might think it is around universities more or less is that we all love to use our smart phones and record shit, gets a lot of publicity....but no, looking at incidents there are the same, and I get the impression more, of stuff like these in city squares and such. And if it is ideological for us children to be against tuition raises then, so if that view is "superior" to all others or whatever you say then yeah sure....LOL.....oh and it sure is a fad spending time non violating protesting shit and getting sprayed in the face for.....

so lets recap.

The first video is the main topic, the California university having a solidarity protest for OWS

The other video a student protest that happened in Montreal of students marching against tuition hike

" it's nothing new for groups of young, arrogant impressionable youth to form groups to fight a cause no matter the outcome or validity. It's seems as though it's more of a fad than anything."

perhaps fighting a rival university over a sport? but that is all people in general, case in point Vancouver hockey crap. So where is invalidity of marching against tuition hikes or having a OWS solidarity sit in of a public place? What fad is this? there havn't been this first world protest movements since the 70s....so for 4 decades almost there haven't been these "fads".

In fact our generation is apathetic towards engagement, hence why almost every prof I have here at waterloo mentions why we need to engender engagement in young Canadians. So sorry this "fad" you think we ideological kids have is mistaken, we are in fact lazy and apathetic when it comes to this stuff.

That all being said, it means there IS a lot to protest about THAT have validity. This validity, in this thread, comes at least to the issue if tuition raises are invalid or not... TRY arguing they aren't, and by your comment you have not had to pay your way through university or, probably haven't been to university if you think you can categorize us kids as ideological youth that have fads and think our way is superior. Also remember, the above mentioned, ignorance of the fact there is a serious lack of engendered engagement among youth really debunks your categorization.

So take your "personal experience" (ROFL) at UVIC and shove it up your generalizing ass ok bud?

......protesting tuition hikes and corporate structural problems a fad.......wow the idiocy

"I don't condone what the police do in these situations nor am I saying these are not justified protests, but you can't disregard the fact of who the "victims" of these cases usually are"
Wtf are you even saying now? so these are impressionable youth that have fads with no validity, but now you are saying that they are/maybe justified issues? You can't disregard the "victims" in this, what the hell are you talking about anymore, who do you think the victims that are being disregarded are other than the students that get beat and sprayed in the face with mace by the cops for a nonviolent movement? go back into your hole please.
Wow arn't you the angsty one, someone has a differing view and all of a sudden he's ignorant to what's really transpiring and has no right or justification in his opinion. More proof of the holier than thou mentality, keep it up buddy. Maybe someday all that frustration will get somewhere for you, more likely you'll just graduate and move on.

Last edited by calegrant; 11-22-2011 at 10:43 AM.
calegrant is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: