Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-12-2011, 01:18 AM   #1
Revision2
1st Gear Newbie

Alarm GB

Since the mods over at another enthusiast site didn't like the fact that a non-sponsor was helping a bunch of us out with this GB I'm moving it to here in hopes that the mods here are more accommodating and it helps that Maranello is a sponsor here. Unfortunately this GB is currently closed to further participants in order for those of us who have committed to get our parts and complete the GB as soon as possible.

For those from the other site, here's the GB information again:

-- The Retrofit Kits --
For E90/92: Part# 65-12-0-403-658 - (PM if you need to remember since GB is closed)
For E93: Part# 65-73-0-427-835 - (PM if you need to remember since GB is closed)

Warranty: 2 years on the parts.

Compatibility: Cars that are pre-wired for the alarm system (option code SA 5GA). These particular kits are only compatible for E90/1/2/3 up to the production date of 03/09. Note a production date before 03/09 doesn't necessarily mean you're pre-wired either as pointed out by Rampage9. I think if your rear view mirror has the "rudolph nose" then it's a good sign you're pre-wired but you should follow one of the DIY's to verify the wiring as well.

For the E93 guys: Please note that your price is cheaper because your retrofit kit does NOT come with an ultrasonic sensor for motion detection. It is an add-on to the retrofit kit to get the interior protection and will require additional parts. Info obtained via http://www.bavauto.com/Assets/inst_pages/ins402.pdf. I have pricing for those extra parts if you wish to add interior protection as well so PM / email me (was in a PM I sent at the other site).

Group Buy Closes: Currently CLOSED. Please start paying for the retrofit kits.
Payments to be received by: end of business Nov. 15, 2011.
Delivery: About 2 weeks for delivery from Germany if they have stock.
Payment Method: Made by directly contacting Mike. Preferred form of communication is either via email or PM here (maranellobmw). You could try to call him up as well but it's more reliable via electronic communication for tracking purposes and the fact he can't always make it to the phone. He will need your contact information as well as credit card to process the payment. If you need shipping then discuss with Mike as he is normally able to ship for pretty reasonable rates. Also please let him know you are part of Alfred's Alarm Group Buy.

*A big thanks to the often copied but never duplicated Mike for doing this for us*

-- Install + Code --
Full Indie Option Info - (see next post)

As for the full dealer option. It's a bit trickier. From my discussion with Mike, the official install steps from BMW suggests vehicles be checked for newer software and updated prior to retrofit coding. Since it's a dealer, they generally have to follow these instructions. Here's the tricky part, this software update portion can be a bit unpredictable in time as it depends on how much new software is available for your vehicle relative to what is currently loaded. It's tough for the dealer not to charge something while the updates are run because it takes up one of their bays. Therefore it might be difficult to have a fixed price for this option. Mike is currently able to work out a discount on the labour but will see what further can be done once his service manager returns from vacation on the 14th. I understand if people want to hold off paying for the part until I get this information so I've adjusted the dates accordingly.

Last edited by Revision2; 11-12-2011 at 01:48 AM.
Revision2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 01:41 AM   #2
Revision2
1st Gear Newbie

Full Indie Option

Coders: DESI4Life10 and DimSum

Price:
$40 per non-coded car or car coded by Desi or DimSum.
$60 per coded car not done by Desi or DimSum (prior list of codes needed).

Note: In the rare case that the part isn't pre-programmed from BMW there will be an additional $10 on top to program the modules. Unfortunately this isn't something Mike would be able to check either. While it is rare, it has happened and so we wanted to lay it out there so no surprises.

Notes:
- those with ECU tunes (ex. AA) will NOT be affected
- there will be a WAIVER that needs to be signed
- a backup of the system BEFORE any coding will be done
- the way that the alarm is coded will allow it to remain fully functional even if the software gets updated in the future at a dealer

GB Special Rate for Additional Coding

Pricing: $25 / feature (min of 2) or $100 for 5 features.

Notes:
- This rate is for all the basic codes found at http://littlebimmer.com/services PLUS the following special codes:

Enable Angel Eyes as Day-Time-Running Lights (2008+, some 2007s might be possible but a VIN check is needed)
Enable Actual Speed (Digital)
Reading Correction (Digital)
Disable Light Bulb Error Checks (Angel Eyes, Licence Plates, etc.)
Clear ECU Fault/Shadow Codes
Custom Programming of Welcome Light Choices (Late 2007 & 2008+)

If there are other codes you're aware of that aren't listed please PM me and I'll run it by the coders.
- DimSum can help get MTEC v3 AE bulbs so PM me if you'll be looking for those as well and I can tally up and let him know.
- If your car ever gets re-flashed and you need all the features you got as part of this GB re-done it will just cost $20 to have them all re-coded.

Logistics:
The details will need to be worked out once everyone has their kit installed or at least picked up their kit. The most practical way of doing this will likely be a meet somewhere so that all the coding can take place. We may have to split the group depending how many people follow through with the group buy as each car can take 15-45 mins depending what needs to be done and days are getting colder. The cars will also be split between the two coders. Rest assured both are very capable and there will be no difference in
their work. I'm taking suggestions on possible meetings places so that I can start planning ahead a bit. Ideally it'd be close to a Tims or somewhere that people can chill / get hot drinks if needed.

Final Comments
- Some may feel the price is a little steep but I believe in fair compensation for time and knowledge when it comes to this stuff. The way I see it, it will still be a lot more economical then at a dealer. Both coders are well respected, trusted, experienced, and has done this retrofit coding many times before. There are also a lot of cars to go through which will require a lot of their time.

Last edited by Revision2; 11-12-2011 at 01:50 AM.
Old 11-12-2011, 01:43 AM   #3
Revision2
1st Gear Newbie

Saving spot for when dealer option info is available.
Old 11-12-2011, 05:09 AM   #4
ZiMMie
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to ZiMMie Send a message via MSN to ZiMMie
Just to let people know, we also offer retrofit and coding services for anyone in the Ajax/Pickering area.
Old 11-12-2011, 09:13 AM   #5
KCX_335xi
1st Gear Newbie

Just checking in... Glad you found a new home for this GB.
KCX_335xi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 11:42 PM   #6
nitehawk
1st Gear Newbie

Checking in as well...thanks again for all your efforts
nitehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 03:24 PM   #7
ksoze
1st Gear Newbie

Went in person to Marenello's today to pay for the alarm.

Mike told me that so far only 6 people have paid so far.

Deadline is tomorrow I believe.
ksoze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 04:15 PM   #8
Revision2
1st Gear Newbie

Thanks ksoze! I was talking to him on the phone right after I think cause he said someone had just come in to pay. He's willing to wait for a few more days and I'm actively trying to reach out to the people who had expressed interest but then have fallen silent. I'll keep everyone updated as I really want to get everyone the kits asap. I'm really hoping people weren't just all talk and thanks you guys for the patience.
Old 11-15-2011, 04:24 PM   #9
Revision2
1st Gear Newbie

Alarm GB Re-opened

The GB is being re-opened for a few more days so please chime in if you wish to participate. Please PM me for the pricing since I cannot edit my original post or delete any new post with the pricing once the GB is closed again. All I can say is the price is VERY good, even when compared to the US. Please read the Compatibility section of my original post to determine if your car is able to participate.

Thanks!
Old 11-16-2011, 12:21 PM   #10
KCX_335xi
1st Gear Newbie

I sent him my payment details, but have not seen the charge go through yet
Old 11-17-2011, 01:55 PM   #11
Revision2
1st Gear Newbie

Dealer install + code

For those that want a dealer to install and program the retrofit kit. It will be at Maranello.

Pricing: 15% off the regular labour rate to install and program the kit. I believe the regular rate is $133/hr so it'd be $113/hr.

Logistics:
Once the kits arrive an appointment can be setup for the install + coding.

Note:
From my discussion with Mike, the official install steps from BMW suggests vehicles be checked for newer software and updated prior to retrofit coding. Since it's a dealer, they generally have to follow these instructions. Here's the tricky part, this software update portion can be a bit unpredictable in time as it depends on how much new software is available for your vehicle relative to what is currently loaded. It's tough for the dealer not to charge something while the updates are run because it takes up one of their bays. Rest assured that you would only be charged the actual time taken. So if everything was done in 1.5hrs then that's all you'll be charged. The positive to this is that your vehicle will get it's software updated at the same time and the labour is backed by the dealer.
Old 11-18-2011, 09:23 AM   #12
KCX_335xi
1st Gear Newbie

That's what I'll probably do, thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revision2 View Post
For those that want a dealer to install and program the retrofit kit. It will be at Maranello.

Pricing: 15% off the regular labour rate to install and program the kit. I believe the regular rate is $133/hr so it'd be $113/hr.

Logistics:
Once the kits arrive an appointment can be setup for the install + coding.

Note:
From my discussion with Mike, the official install steps from BMW suggests vehicles be checked for newer software and updated prior to retrofit coding. Since it's a dealer, they generally have to follow these instructions. Here's the tricky part, this software update portion can be a bit unpredictable in time as it depends on how much new software is available for your vehicle relative to what is currently loaded. It's tough for the dealer not to charge something while the updates are run because it takes up one of their bays. Rest assured that you would only be charged the actual time taken. So if everything was done in 1.5hrs then that's all you'll be charged. The positive to this is that your vehicle will get it's software updated at the same time and the labour is backed by the dealer.
Old 11-18-2011, 06:38 PM   #13
DimSumE90
2nd Gear Member

Just checking in on the thread, those who need me can contact me through my website.
Thanks for the group buy efforts Revision2!

www.littlebimmer.com
DimSumE90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 01:13 AM   #14
Revision2
1st Gear Newbie

Quick update

Sorry for the lack of updates guys. It took a while to get everyone paid up and I really appreciate those that paid early. Those that have organized GBs before know my pain. Anyway, we finally got it all worked out, the order has been put in, and we're just waiting for delivery now. Hopefully by the end of next week(?) I know it's taking longer than some had hoped so thanks for the patience.

Next step is to organize the coding meet but I'll start doing that in a few days after I deal with some personal stuff. As always, email me if anything or PM me here and I'll try to get back to you asap.

Also, anyone interested in getting Mtech V3s let me know and I'll tally it up and put in an order with DimSum since he is able to get them. I believe it was $160 cash price for a set.
Old 11-30-2011, 11:48 PM   #15
JayR_84
2nd Gear Member

damnit,wish I saw this thread earlier.
Need an e90 alarm.
JayR_84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: