Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-08-2011, 11:38 PM   #1
digitalosh
1st Gear Newbie

2006+ 330i ipad dash mount

Hey guys,
I just tonight finished an ipad mount for my friend's 2006 BMW 330i. I have pictures of the stand and of it holding an iPad, tomorrow I will have pictures of it in action on the vehicle. If anyone is interested I can crank a few more out for a couple of bucks or give you the gcode file (made to use with a CNC mill). Check out the pics below:

So if you want the gcode or want to order one just send me a PM. I'll have pics of it in the car tomorrow
digitalosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 11:37 AM   #2
digitalosh
1st Gear Newbie

In the car:

Old 11-09-2011, 07:47 PM   #3
blakneto
3rd Gear Member

??? isn't that sorta... illegal???? that new distracted texting/calling law thingy?

You know... i don't wanna get a ticket playing ANGRY BIRDS on the QEW! :p

Sounds pretty cool though! good stuff.
blakneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 09:32 PM   #4
HaMmErHeAd
2nd Gear Member

Nice idea, but it is blocking all the dash controls. I know you can change the audio through the steering wheel, but just say you want to change the temperature inside the cabin while driving you would have to remove the thing. I think a better place to put it would be behind the driver or front passenger headrest so that the backseat passenger could play with it, but I think you want the driver to have access to it.

I think it is illegal only if you are using it and it is distracting you. You can set the iPad as a GPS navigation and it is fine. It is illegal when you are watching a video or playing a game on it while driving.

Last edited by HaMmErHeAd; 11-09-2011 at 10:01 PM.
HaMmErHeAd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 10:31 AM   #5
digitalosh
1st Gear Newbie

That is definitely a sacrifice. Audio wise, if you have this hooked up chances are you're listening to audio from this... the cabin controls thing is tough. You can hook it higher on the vent so you can access the controls, but you'll be completely blocking your vents so that's useless.

My uses for it are: Music, GPS, maybe watching a video when no one is looking

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: