Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 10-25-2011, 09:52 AM   #1
Boss17
6th Gear Member

Snowboard Season coming sooooooon!

Hey Guys,

With the ski and snowboard season quickly approaching us, I thought I'd start a thread about equipment and plans for this winter. I finally have all my gear setup and good to go. Winter tires are on the beater and Blue Mountain seasons pass is purchased. I can't even begin to explain how pumped I am for the upcoming season.

So lets see your setups and lets hear some of your plans

Here's my setup:

Board: Libtech Skunk Ape (2012)
Bindings: Rossignol Cobra V2
Boots: Solomon Solace

photo 3.JPG

photo 1.JPG

photo 4.JPG

photo 2.JPG
1998 Mercedes-Benz E430- SOLD
1990 Ford Probe Turbo- SOLD
Boss17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 09:54 AM   #2
cormier
6th Gear Member

Nice love the graphics on the libtech!

I'm on a k2 anagram with burton cartel bindings. Just pick up last years burton ion boots at a great price from the ski show

Also pumped for the season! Gotta get roof racks for the e46 this winter tho

cormier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 10:25 AM   #3
nate_s89
3rd Gear Member

I don't board but I ski. Am a member at Devils Glen. I live like 10 minutes from blue. Will probably be going up every weekend from McMaster so if anyone ever wants to jump in let me know.

Where do you guys usually stay when your up there?
nate_s89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 10:54 AM   #4
Boss17
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cormier View Post
Nice love the graphics on the libtech!

I'm on a k2 anagram with burton cartel bindings. Just pick up last years burton ion boots at a great price from the ski show

Also pumped for the season! Gotta get roof racks for the e46 this winter tho
I got my boots from the ski/snowboard show this year. I also bought a lock for my board cause I am not leaving that thing unattended (it draws too much attention). I was looking at some K2 boards but ended up going with a libtech cause I needed a wide board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate_s89 View Post
I don't board but I ski. Am a member at Devils Glen. I live like 10 minutes from blue. Will probably be going up every weekend from McMaster so if anyone ever wants to jump in let me know.

Where do you guys usually stay when your up there?
Nice! Good to hear some other maxmembers will be up at blue and that area all season. I generally dont have anywhere to stay but I'm sure I'll just grab a hotel room if I don't feel like driving back one night.

Also, heading out to Germany in February for some snowboarding on the Zugspitze (amazing runs at the foot of the Alps). This winter is gonna be insane.
Old 10-25-2011, 10:59 AM   #5
cormier
6th Gear Member

Wow the alps shiiitt I'm headed to revelstoke which should be fun it'll be my first time on a real mountain lol. My k2 is pretty beginner/intermediate it's wide as well

There's loads of private chalets up there with decent prices that we've stayed at

Old 10-25-2011, 11:05 AM   #6
Boss17
6th Gear Member

That's sick! Revelstoke looks awesome. I went to some of the booths at the snowboard show and there are some sick deals for BC. Maybe I'll do that up next year. Sounds like you're gonna have an awesome time there.

How much are lift tickets in BC generally?
Old 10-25-2011, 11:20 AM   #7
cormier
6th Gear Member

We're lookin around 1100 for ski in/out room with lift tickets for a week

I watched the art of flight which was shot heavily at revelstoke and it scared the crap out of me. Lol. Freakin awesome movie though.

Old 10-25-2011, 11:26 AM   #8
Boss17
6th Gear Member

Damn! That's a steal of a deal. Does that include flight as well? The flight to Germany ran me $875 taxes in, have a chalet to stay at and a car to use and lift tickets are 20-35 euros per day for various resorts. All together, it'll run me about $1500-$1700.

The Art of Flight was an awesome snowboarding film. Travis Rice and those guys are a little nutty. Not sure I'm ever gonna get to the point where I'm snowboarding terrain that they are. You should check out Xavier de le Rue on Vimeo, you'll shit yourself hahahahah.
Old 10-25-2011, 03:59 PM   #9
cormier
6th Gear Member

That's it to the alps?? Geez I feel like I got ripped off! Lol add about 550 for my plane tickets. Ps in trying to find a good audio helmet too-- I once upon a time saw a salomon helmet with big skullcandy woofers and external controls on the ear flaps but it wasn't my size... Now all the ones I see have crappy earbuds. Tried one out at the show and it sucked!

Old 10-25-2011, 04:07 PM   #10
Boss17
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cormier View Post
That's it to the alps?? Geez I feel like I got ripped off! Lol add about 550 for my plane tickets. Ps in trying to find a good audio helmet too-- I once upon a time saw a salomon helmet with big skullcandy woofers and external controls on the ear flaps but it wasn't my size... Now all the ones I see have crappy earbuds. Tried one out at the show and it sucked!
The only reason the trip is on the cheaper side is because my gf is German and her parents have a place there, so I kinda lucked out in that respect. However, hotels at the bottom of the mountain will run you about $130/day which is still a great deal. Most Hotels even offer lift ticket packages if you book with them so it's not bad.

Not sure how I feel about helmets with headphones. I personally like hearing everything around me or the pure quiet. I saw some helmets, like what you're describing, at the snowboard show didn't look at how much they were selling for.
Old 10-25-2011, 10:22 PM   #11
nate_s89
3rd Gear Member

Revelstoke is a wild place. Have a few friends that lived out there last winter. Its not hard to get lost in the woods for days. If your heading there please ski me some backcountry powder.

What kind of riding do you guys generally do? Im prefer backcountry myself, tend to stay out the park.
nate_s89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 10:52 PM   #12
Axxe
Over 9 F**KING THOUSAND!!

I'm going to be up in Fort McMurray this coming winter (January-April), working on some 16on-12off rotations so I'm packing my gear with me and hopefully can jump a cheap flight to the Rockies for one of my 12 day breaks. The missus will probably kill me but I haven't been west of Winnipeg since 2004.

I need a new board too. Mine is a 2000 ish model Solomon 450 which is awesome in ontario but sinks in powder. I'm good for boots and bindings (got nice boots a couple years ago, can't remember the brand), and flow fr-s pro bindings in white.

Gonna be a great winter!

S52|ZF|TRM Coilovers 670/895|Staggered 18" 5's
Axxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:16 PM   #13
calegrant
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss17 View Post
Also, heading out to Germany in February for some snowboarding on the Zugspitze (amazing runs at the foot of the Alps). This winter is gonna be insane.
You're going to love it! You step out of the gondola and the sight is epic, it's so open for being that high up. Probably one of the best mountains I've ever been on as far as scenery goes.
Old 10-25-2011, 11:47 PM   #14
Jim .E.
E90 n00b

This year:
Board: Sierra Team 2010 159 (Basically a Burton Custom knockoff)
Bindings: Burton Cartel Restricted 2012
Boots: Burton Ruler

(old bindings on the board currently - Ride S)

cartel restricted 2012 excited to give these a try with the new canted highback. going to be a whole diff feel

my friends are ski-patrol at Blue so we're up there pretty much every weekend fri-sun. This will be my 4th season boarding, still a noob but love it.

See you guys on the slopes

Last edited by Jim .E.; 10-26-2011 at 12:11 AM.
Jim .E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 04:51 PM   #15
Boss17
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by calegrant View Post
You're going to love it! You step out of the gondola and the sight is epic, it's so open for being that high up. Probably one of the best mountains I've ever been on as far as scenery goes.
The pics i've seen are absolutely mind blowing. I'll definitely be snapping some while we're up there and on the slopes. Since you've already been there, any advice or things I should check out with my gf?

Looks like there are a few of us who are good to go for the season ahead.

@ Jim E- Nice setup, I like your board. You're 4 seasons in and consider yourself a noob still? I've boarded only 1 season (picked it up really quickly for some reason) so am I an ultra noob when it comes to this stuff? lol.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: