Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > For Sale > Non-BMW Related
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 10-18-2011, 09:14 PM   #1
marek
5th Gear Member

Great condo beside SQ1. Amazing Value!!

It's all about the location - just northeast of SQ1 (1 min drive or 5 min walk to SQ1). Walk to new Sheridan College or movies and restaurants in less than 7 min (or drive in 1 min). Don't want to walk? Take a bus at door step. Need to take the 403? It's 1 min away!!

4235 Sherwoodtowne Blvd Unit 1709, Mississauga

If that is not attractive enough how about paying 50% less for almost 100% more space than in the new buildings that are close by?

1 Bedroom + solarium, 1 bathroom condo just over 1000sq ft!!! Doesn't tell you much how about some dimensions:

Living room 18ft x 12ft
Dining room 13ft x 12ft
Bedroom 21ft x 12ft
Kitchen 16ft x 8ft
Solarium 6ft x 12ft
Bathroom 6ft x 10ft
Laundry closet 4ft x 4ft

Building Amenities: New lobby, Gym, Pool, Sauna, Party Room, Games room, gated and security guard, Amazing sunsets from my unit.

Prime exclusive use parking spot on 1st level right by elevator, 1 owned locker also on 1st level and close to parking. Need more parking? No problem, extra spots are available for just $35/mth - I'm currently renting 2 extra spaces without issue (and used to rent 3 extra ones - can't have too many cars). Underground parking is safe and monitored. Never an issue, even leaving my old convertible with the top down for weeks on end.

Maintenance Fee: $399.01/mth (includes everything but hydro - cable incl.)
Taxes: $1766.39/year

Building has a high reserve fund and great management company. It is spotless

Area amenities within 5 min drive :

Square One, Playdium, 2 movie theathers, Metro, Living Arts Center, Central Library, YMCA, T&T Supermarket, Ocean's Supermarket, LCBO (2 min walk), Whole Foods, Sheridan College, go-karting, parks and lots more.

Flexible on the closing date, anywhere from next weekend to 90 days.

How much can this great place be???

ONLY $222,900

WILL PAY AGENT FEE if you are working with one.

Last edited by marek; 10-18-2011 at 09:16 PM.
marek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 09:14 PM   #2
marek
5th Gear Member

Old 10-19-2011, 09:37 AM   #3
sproule905
6th Gear Member

not that I am interested, but what are the chances that the fee's will be going up next year? Are you on he board? Reason being, I purchased a condo last Dec. maintenance fee's were 390.month. Next month there was an increase to $410/month. Real Estate Broker knew nothing, either did my lawyer.

just a buyer beware, but good luck with the sale.

sproule905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 01:09 PM   #4
noodles101
ΛΦΕ

nice condo and amazing price for square 1 area condo.

i recently bought a condo too and i haaaad to get one with a balcony LOL ( im a smoker )
but if not, the solarium is a +1 , almost like a den but much much better.
Old 10-19-2011, 01:41 PM   #5
Quack
Wheelman

Send a message via MSN to Quack
Quote:
Originally Posted by sproule905 View Post
not that I am interested, but what are the chances that the fee's will be going up next year? Are you on he board? Reason being, I purchased a condo last Dec. maintenance fee's were 390.month. Next month there was an increase to $410/month. Real Estate Broker knew nothing, either did my lawyer.

just a buyer beware, but good luck with the sale.
is your building new? maintenace fees go up all the time, especially if the building is new, real estate agents don't know anything about when the maintenace fees will be going up, their job is to sell the unit.
I bought my condo back in 06' brand new, fees back than were $290, now the fees are closer to $450, they've been going up every year since 06'

Maxbimmer Drama, You Gotta Love It
Quack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 01:42 PM   #6
sproule905
6th Gear Member

had a den+1... wished it was a solarium.. now I have a house with a two car garage hehe..

Old 10-19-2011, 01:43 PM   #7
sproule905
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quack View Post
is your building new? maintenace fees go up all the time, especially if the building is new, real estate agents don't know anything about when the maintenace fees will be going up, their job is to sell the unit.
I bought my condo back in 06' brand new, fees back than were $290, now the fees are closer to $450, they've been going up every year since 06'
ugghh.. if you get a knowledgable agent they should be able to tell you, AND pull a report on the history of the Maintenance fee's.

Again, the reason i ditch the highrise life.

Old 10-19-2011, 07:26 PM   #8
sirex
King Sirex

Nice place. Nice price I think.

Didnt know that about the condo fees. Dont they have to follow the tenant board and raise at the CPI level that the tenant board allows? or with condo fees can they do whatever they want?
Old 10-19-2011, 10:00 PM   #9
marek
5th Gear Member

Well the maintenance fee dropped $100/mth this year. That's right it DROPPED. This is not a brand new building so for the condo size and location and building, the maintenance is peanuts. The reason I bought in this building was that it was extremely well managed and the maintenance fees were low.

It includes heat/AC, water, and premium cable. All that you pay for is hydro (electricity) which is seperately metered for each unit.

Living in a condo fees will rise as costs for everything go up. That's almost always a given. The increase is what the corporation charter allows. It varies building to building.

Last edited by marek; 10-19-2011 at 10:03 PM.
Old 10-27-2011, 01:48 AM   #10
daytona
6th Gear Member

bro thats a excellent price but the whole interior is from the Brady bunch era....
Old 10-27-2011, 01:22 PM   #11
sproule905
6th Gear Member

best advice if you plan on staying in a conod for a long period of time. Get on the board and voice your opinion when they impose the increases.

To me $40/month to maintain the landscape is ridicoulous. But that's just me

Old 10-27-2011, 03:49 PM   #12
4doorgsr
2nd Gear Member

^^ just wondering why you are voicing your opionion in this thread while this guy is trying to sell his condo. If you are not intrested why dont you P.M him, or go for a coffee and discuss whats on your mind.
4doorgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 06:23 PM   #13
DaveM3_09
2nd Gear Member

what happens if you spill grape juice at the table tho?
Old 10-28-2011, 08:46 AM   #14
marek
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sproule905 View Post
best advice if you plan on staying in a conod for a long period of time. Get on the board and voice your opinion when they impose the increases.

To me $40/month to maintain the landscape is ridicoulous. But that's just me
Increases are a fact of life. All costs go up with every year and there is nothing than you can do even if you are on the board. If you lived in a house have a look how much you were paying for electricity/gas/water 5 years ago? It's not the same is it. How do you assume that will be paid?
Old 10-28-2011, 09:21 PM   #15
marek
5th Gear Member

Well after getting some ridicilous low ball offers from private buyers and seeing that an identical unit on a lower floor (11th) sold for $223900 in one week. I decided to list it with an agent.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: