Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 10-13-2011, 08:08 PM   #1
ProStreetDriver
The Real Transporter

Send a message via MSN to ProStreetDriver
Refusing To Pay A Repair Bill Help

Need a little help on this matter... I found this http://www.usedcarsontario.com/articles.php?id=9

Just to give a brief overview what happened. Took my VW in for warranty work on the body. Had some new parts put on under the VW 14yr rust warranty and I had to pay to remove some dents and also have my rockers repaired. Well originally the job was only suppose to take a week (Friday done) and ended up picking up the car Wednesday of the next week. Got to the shop to pick the car up to find a bunch stuff wrong. I won't get into detail but the main things are painted trim, crease in my door post, bent my window post in my back door, bent the corner on my brand new hatch, basically mangled up my rubbers for the rear door window, etc. Now to be nice, I was going to pay for a brand new piece of rubber for the window because there was a little 2" section that was rusty. Bought the part from VW and it cost me $160. So Friday morning the part came in and the manager of the body shop also said that the car was suppose to be ready the next day besides ordering the part. I figured the car would be ready Friday for sure. So by Tuesday later on in the day next week the manager calls and tells me its the wrong part and the actual part is $260, so I said no, put the old part back on.

Now to cut to the chase. So I filled a complaint with VW Canada against the body shop and dealership with what happened (dealership also does not want to back me up on this matter). The body shop got the letter yesterday about the complaint with VW Canada and they called today about wanting the car out of there now. He said to me basically that's it for the car and he doesn't want to deal with me and wants the car out of there first thing tomorrow morning. He also stated that there is money owing on the car ($340 about). This has been going on for 3 weeks now and I'm not interesting in paying the repair bill for someone's screw ups. Car should have been done right in the first place. There is even other stuff on the car they weren't even willing to fix that I didn't agree with the quality.

Cliffs:

-Took VW in for warranty body work
-poor quality on body work
-they fixed the car but not to my satisfaction
-broken parts that they do not want to replace
-took a total of 3 weeks to sort the matter out
-still owing money which I do not want to pay now

I noticed on that link i posted that I can actually go to the courthouse and pay the fee there. Then a judge would then sort out the matter after that.

Any advice on this matter???
ProStreetDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 08:24 AM   #2
TheMadChigga
Taiwan Panda Racing Unit.

Send a message via ICQ to TheMadChigga Send a message via AIM to TheMadChigga Send a message via MSN to TheMadChigga
To make things more clear, you need to fill in the missing area:

- Did you buy this car used? what year is it? how many owners before you?
- Did you bring this to VW dealership?
- Can you prove they screw it up with physical evidence or pictures?

Because simply put it, without any sort of evidence, your case would be thrown out of court and you would be order to pay for the money you owe and storage fees, if you don't pay them, the car can legally become their possession or there would be a lien on it at MTO.

Bodyshops tend to be late, whatever time frame they tell you is usually a reference, with so many cars coming in and out and not knowing exact history of it, its hard to get it down to exactly certain date, this applies to even the most prestigious and expensive bodyshops.
Old 10-14-2011, 12:02 PM   #3
MrRWD
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Got to the shop to pick the car up to find a bunch stuff wrong. I won't get into detail but the main things are painted trim, crease in my door post, bent my window post in my back door, bent the corner on my brand new hatch, basically mangled up my rubbers for the rear door window, etc. Now to be nice, I was going to pay for a brand new piece of rubber for the window because there was a little 2" section that was rusty. Bought the part from VW and it cost me $160. So Friday morning the part came in and the manager of the body shop also said that the car was suppose to be ready the next day besides ordering the part. I figured the car would be ready Friday for sure. So by Tuesday
You'll need to prove that the damage to the body was done by them.

Rust Warranty Work won't last (My 1 owner E36 was repaired under warranty, and it didn't last. Gave up and sold the car).
Pay the $360 and take the car back.
If you can prove they damaged it, then take them to court.

Put some pictures up....

I'm startng to see a lot of 2000+ Jetta's and Golf with some bad rust problems. You know it's been rusting in the seams for years.
MrRWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 12:50 PM   #4
damameke
6th Gear Member

I think the below paragraph is your best option and ask the judge for damage and inconvenience caused by this shop.

What if I disagree with a repair bill and refuse to pay?

Before doing this, you should know about the Repair and Storage Liens Act. Under this legislation, a repairer is entitled to keep a vehicle, and sell it, if a bill is not paid.

If you find yourself in a dispute and don't want to pay what is demanded, your best course may be to make an application to a court and pay the full amount of the bill there. When you do this the repairer is required to return your vehicle to you. You can then make your case to the court, leaving it up to a judge to decide how much, if anything, the repair shop should be paid for the work.
damameke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 08:15 PM   #5
ProStreetDriver
The Real Transporter

Send a message via MSN to ProStreetDriver
I actually have pics from before and after pics of the car. Went to pick the car up this morning and they screwed up some more stuff. Someone scratched the car the other day so they painted it last night. They pulled the tape off this morning along with a chunk of clear coat. The molding they mangled in the first place, well they cut it open to prove that it was fine inside. So now they definitely have to replace it. Someone also broke the antenna base on my roof just recently since the last visit, so now they have to fix that too. Also from what I took of my damage pics, I noticed something else. They actually bent the bottom lip on my rocker too. Now the bend section in my image was no where near as bad as when I saw it this morning. So I'm assuming they also fixed some of it so I wouldn't notice it that much, but it's still there.

Yes I did take it to the VW dealership first before the warranty and they also took pics of the rust issues.
ProStreetDriver is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: