Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 5 series
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-05-2013, 09:48 PM   #16
parm
Scarboro Mazda S&L

Got a battery from Active Green and Ross, perfect fit and perfect CCA etc. $200 and some crazy warranty included !! I bought it for the warranty ! 3 years later runs great! oh and it came with vent extension that was pretty cool !
parm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:38 PM   #17
hotwheelz
1st Gear Newbie

Never had a problem with Interstate. My last two gave me 10 years with out one problem.
hotwheelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:23 PM   #18
david.toledo
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to david.toledo
who ever needs one i have a spare one, needs to be recharged but was at 12v when i pulled it out of the car. inbox me ill let it go for cheapp
david.toledo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 08:29 PM   #19
porksoda
2nd Gear Member

Looks like i may need a battery. Anyone using the costco kirkland battery on an e39 (non m5)?

The specs say:

H7/LN4/94R
CCA 790
CCA @ 0C 985

36 month warranty then after that it is prorated.

Cost of battery is $99.99

Any comments and suggestions?
porksoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 09:40 PM   #20
windwagen
6th Gear Member

Kirkland has very decent ratings. I wanted that but couldn't find any stock last summer. I ended up with a slightly undersized battery from Walmart for $110.00. I used some scrap wood to shim it. I wonder if it's the same battery? The m5 would have much lower demand.

Apparently there are only a few battery manufacturers. So chances are... Whatever you buy was made in the same factory.
windwagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 10:09 PM   #21
porksoda
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by windwagen View Post
Kirkland has very decent ratings. I wanted that but couldn't find any stock last summer. I ended up with a slightly undersized battery from Walmart for $110.00. I used some scrap wood to shim it. I wonder if it's the same battery? The m5 would have much lower demand.

Apparently there are only a few battery manufacturers. So chances are... Whatever you buy was made in the same factory.
Thanks.

What are the specs on the battery you got?

Canadian Tire has expensive batteries. Group 49 soze they have AGM and lead acid. AGM is 850CCA and Lead Acid is 900CCA vs Kirkland is 790CCA.
porksoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 08:14 AM   #22
windwagen
6th Gear Member

Oh man - M5 is in winter stoage...sorry. Honestly, I just needed "a battery". M5 would go dead if I used the radio while detailing the car.....Ok it does take me quite a while... a half hour..
windwagen is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: