Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-05-2002, 05:00 PM   #1
jacob.325is
2nd Gear Member

Question For empowerd

I am putting a S52 in my E30 and I was wondering if you knew about putting NOS on this setup. I am asking you this question because I saw on dtmpower.net article on your ride that you mentioned you put a bottle in your car, but on all other mod list of your ride I don't see the bottle listed. Well anyways I figure its possible: (because I know that OBD1 cars can run NOS and I am converting it back to OBD1)
Sorry this might seem confusing, but any help on the matter is very appreciated!
Thanks
Jacob
jacob.325is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2002, 01:02 AM   #2
EMPOWERD
Senior Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Jacob,

Okay, Let me get this straight.... you're installing a EuroSpec 3.2L M3 (321HP) S52 motor in your E30? Or the M52/B32 U.S. M3 motor? If it is infact the Euro... don't touch it. If it's the U.S. one, then there are no problems installing the system if you follow a few guidelines. I'm assuming it's a single fogger dry system, and in that case, make sure the jet is plummed about 7" from the T-Body opening so the Nitrous can properly atomize in the manifold before being distributed to all 6 cyl. Make sure you're using a stock chip (or even one that's custom mapped with RETARDED timing). A WOT contol switch mounted to the T-Body is also a good idea and try to never spray under 3000rpm. Don't go overbaord with the jet sizing too. Keep it under 80HP for reliability.... I used to run NOS years ago for a while and it soon became too expensive ($70/week) because of my heavy foot. I did it right (like I showed you) and after 2 years and probably 50 refills the motor still pulled nice & strong with no oil consumption. I hope this helps and look forward to hearing how/what the conversion went and what the NOS outcome is.

Randy

P.S. Welcome to the board!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg delphin-3.jpg (26.6 KB, 88 views)

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --
EMPOWERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2002, 01:15 AM   #3
SickFinga

why no nos on euro?
SickFinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2002, 09:36 AM   #4
EMPOWERD

The motor is engineered to be naturally asperated because of the higher compression ratio, free flowing intake hardware and much tigher tolerances they use building it, that it would be a shame to create unwanted stress by injecting Nitrous or forcing air (you'll notice that none of the large Euro Tuners supercharge of Turbo Euro motors... they're all bored to 3.5L).

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --
Old 03-06-2002, 10:57 AM   #5
jacob.325is
2nd Gear Member

Red face

OH! I thought the US spec 3.2 liter engine was called the S52, my fault.*drunk* I am installing the M52/B52 in my car. I have a dry fogger system that is off my M20, with a few extra parts I think it will work. I got another question though, I am purchasing the OBD1 conversion kit from zionsville and in that kit they include a 25hp chip which I assume does this by advancing the timing, right? or can I use the chip with the NOS? Did you ever have to upgrade your fuel system when you ran NOS or because of the low horsepower kit you didn't have to?

On another note I read on Turnermotorsport.com that if you plan on running more than 270hp on the M52/B52 you need 24lb injectors. Well if I run a 75hp shot I'll be at about 315hp so what do you think? Do I need bigger injectors? Probably wouldn't be a bad idea just for well being of the motor
but will this cause poor driveabilty when I am not spraying?

Thanks for your reply Randy
Jacob
Old 03-06-2002, 03:25 PM   #6
EMPOWERD

It is possible to run a performance chip with Nitrous, just don't over do it with the amount of spray..... no more than 50HP. To be on the safe side, I'd run a retarded timing chip (custom) and keep a close eye on your plugs. 50Hp is still a lot and with that you also don't have to up your injectors size. The stock M3 injectors can handle up to 360hp so you should be okay, you might want to bump you fuel pressure up though.

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --
Old 03-06-2002, 03:54 PM   #7
jacob.325is
2nd Gear Member

The fuel pressure is "bumped" up by T-ing a vacum line to the fuel pressure regulator just like I did on my M20 set up right? I would also like your opinon, should I just run the custom chip and have about 285hp or do you think it is worht it to install the nos and get about 315hp? I like nitrous, but I don't know if it is really worth it.
thanks again
Jacob

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: