Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 09-29-2011, 04:49 PM   #16
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiR View Post
could you speak out your ass anymore?
Quote:
Originally Posted by new member View Post
I'm pretty sure I've tried every single aftremarket part that there is for E46 on both my E46s
The challenge was accepted.

@stancejay
Mystikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 05:02 PM   #17
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catsu View Post
I know bliestiens are stiff but are they uncomfortable than BMW sports?

Given the two choice. Which would be the better idea??
If you are not looking to lower the car and want to keep the ride quality stock like, stick with the SACHS shocks/struts.

The Bilstein sports will be stiffer. Mostly suited for lowered cars.

Make sure you call Jay at StanceFactory, they will have no problem refreshing your OEM 'Stance'
Old 09-29-2011, 11:43 PM   #18
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

and im pretty sure you are full of shit lol every aftermarket part. gtfo with your bs lol more harm than good... your entire post is ridiculous.

if he wants a better product that will last longer he should look at billies and skip the sachs.
with a stock spring it wont be some ridiculous race like car. Im not telling him to go buy some coilovers.

nothing wrong with sachs though..other than longevity.

its time you went back to your esl classes.
Old 09-30-2011, 08:36 AM   #19
Catsu
1st Gear Newbie

Thanks for the feedback guys.

I've got an appointment with RMP to do the work. RMP swears by Koni st-t
With powerflex bushings.

The ride should be somewhere between sachs and bliestiens.
This setup will cost me considerably cheaper than sachs or bliestiens.

I don't really "race" the car so I hope it would be good enough.

Thanks
Catsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 08:48 AM   #20
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

Quote:
With powerflex bushings.

I don't really "race" the car so I hope it would be good enough.
Then why the powerflex? I'd stick to stock rubber bushings if you never plan to go on the track...
Old 09-30-2011, 09:52 AM   #21
Catsu
1st Gear Newbie

RMP recommended the powerflex along with the. konis for thesame price.

Thanks
Old 09-30-2011, 10:00 AM   #22
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

Quote:
RMP recommended the powerflex along with the. konis for thesame price.

Thanks
I'd push back on that, poly bushings aren't good for a street car. Read some reviews and feedback, they don't last long and people have issues with noise,etc.
Old 09-30-2011, 11:03 AM   #23
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

depends on which bushings. Ive experienced cars with powerflex poly with minimal nvh increase(no noise at all actually).

however since OP doesnt want much more than factory performance ...poly may not be worth it. poly is way easier to install though.

the koni suggestion is a good idea. better product than sachs

oem parts are a "balance" of everything with a huge lean towards low cost for the automaker. hardly the best overall product you can buy when it comes to performance (and not the best balanced for comfort/performance/longevity either).

Really the bushings should be ok... if its that horrible to OP he can always make the switch after.

OP would benefit from riding in a car with the same bushings...to see if there is anything going on he couldnt live with.
There are different levels of hardness available.
Old 09-30-2011, 11:20 AM   #24
Catsu
1st Gear Newbie

Thanks SiR

I will consult with the garage before proceeding.
App is next friday. Until then I"ll do my best to avoid potholes and bumps.
Old 09-30-2011, 04:50 PM   #25
Banned

Quote:
and im pretty sure you are full of shit lol every aftermarket part. gtfo with your bs lol more harm than good... your entire post is ridiculous.

if he wants a better product that will last longer he should look at billies and skip the sachs.
with a stock spring it wont be some ridiculous race like car. Im not telling him to go buy some coilovers.

nothing wrong with sachs though..other than longevity.

its time you went back to your esl classes.
I've tried aftermarket parts from such simple as head/taillights all the way to different brand coilovers, different headers, sways, shifters... you mane it ,changed every bushing/mount in my car to Poly from different brands etc

I could care less if you believe me or not, I just want to help new people understand what they get themself into.
new member is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 09:23 PM   #26
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

you mean you couldnt care less... go back to esl

Im not advising the guy to go out and buy some 700/700 rate coilovers and to run aluminum bushings.

He will be fine and in most cases better off with a quality after market shock. The poly may or may not bother him. Some are worse than others.(depending on application and hardness).

Your blanket statement of all aftermarket is crap and doesnt compare to oem is ridiculous.

Of course it all depends on what you are comparing and what exact part...but generally you can find a better aftermarket piece for almost anything on the car....you can also find cheap stuff. As with anything, do your homework.

expensive!= good either
Old 09-30-2011, 10:25 PM   #27
Banned

I specifically said that its crap on daily/street cars, keep that in mind please.

Care to share which parts you think are better then OEM for a daily car? I searched and believe me I searched hard and I could go on and on about the fact that aftermarket is crap(for a daily car), simply because I went thought all this myself, my friends all have nothing but trouble with their aftermarket parts(everything and anything, like a K&N intake on a M3, again poor fitment, thats the biggest problem with aftermarket )Like who the hell designs a $1200 header which blocks the coolant drain plug? I know who, technik. What were they thinking, like you would never have to flush your cooling system? Maybe tahts why they are out of business?.... Most people simply cant admit it because they spend so much money on these parts and dont want to look like idiots.

Here is the perfect example, I helped installing a $6000 Eisenmann race muffler on a X6 M this week, and what do you know.... crappy fitment , brackets are too long(cut and weld fixed that) , in pipes are too close together. I know that Eisenmann makes OEM exhaust for Porsche but for some reason they must've been blindfolded when they did this exhaust for BMW. Its just ridiculous, the more I deal with aftermarket parts , the more I hate it.

I cant wait to see what the next day brings me, so I can get a good laugh at it.

Last edited by new member; 09-30-2011 at 10:43 PM.
Old 09-30-2011, 11:36 PM   #28
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

thats fine that you said daily/street. Doesnt make what you said anymore correct. Its still ridiculous . Specifically for this thread...both konis and billies are a better product than oem.
better performance and way better longevity. sachs die out way to quickly.

they arent overly harsh either unless you have them adjusted to much or are running a stiff spring. Even a good coilover set up can have amazing ride quality and performance.

But I never suggested that route for OP. he doesnt need them.

Many other parts out there that are great.

You may have purchased crappy parts. thats your own fault. if that was a known problem with the header that information wouldve been available before your purchase. Your fault for not finding that out beforehand...if it was random...Well thats tough luck for you and tells me I wouldnt buy from them. headers are made in jigs so if its blocking the drain plug there is something fundamentally wrong with the design itself. Lots of other headers out there that dont have that issue...shit even $50 ebay headers are better than that. They can have their own issues(sometimes) But its a $50 header so thats to be expected and its not a big deal if you know what to expect going into it.

Most of the aftermarket headers make more power than the oem stuff..even compared to the euro set ups(for like an m3 which are decent)

my eisenmann fit perfect on my car. not a single hiccup. In fact there isnt anything aftermarket that has given me any problems on...any car Ive ever had. But then again I always make sure I research it before I buy. I dont just blindly buy something.

err I did need to massage the intake I bought ever so slightly...because it was from a different model !...so I had to add 2" of tubing off the maf...and funny enough if I bought the one for my car ...it comes that way already. hrmm. (I bought it because it was close enough and I got it really cheap...I knew the differences going into that purchase. No big deal)

In some cases the OEM(or quality OE) is the best(like ball joints) but to make silly blanket statements like "all aftermarket is crap" is so asinine.

There are great aftermarket brake pads, rotors..fluid etc
lots of quality parts out there...

edit: looks like a design flaw with gen 2?
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=11469654

Last edited by SiR; 10-01-2011 at 12:20 AM.
SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 12:25 PM   #29
Banned

Quote:

You may have purchased crappy parts.

edit: looks like a design flaw with gen 2?
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=11469654
No, everything I put on my car is quality and a known brand. I think I only used Chinese parts once but never again after that.

Yes the problem was only with their gen 2 headers, they later fixed it with gen 3 headers. But my point still stands.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: