Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E46 (1998 - 2005)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 08-30-2011, 08:57 AM   #1
nachos23
SweetXi

Send a message via MSN to nachos23
HPF M3 Complete Carbon Fiber Interior Project

I just completed a complete interior wrap for a e46 MPF M3 (first in Canada when it was done!). This particular blue M3 is well known in the Canadian show circuit and is a regular winner of shows it's entered in....

Wrap included the standard 8 interior trim, seat surrounds, rear deck, centre console and complete door panels. Engine parts will be completed this winter when the car is off the road again. It was a challenge figuring out how to dis-assemble the door panels completely and wrapping all the curves and angles on the door panels, but I really liked the end result!

Here are the pictures:

The engine I will be working on this winter.....

The pictures were taken at Bimmercruise a couple of weeks ago...
AA race FMIC and Diverter/Blow-off
H&R Coilovers
aFe CAI
& a few other goodies

nachos23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 09:15 AM   #2
SpeeDemoN
2nd Gear Member

I thought it would be overkill when I read what you were doing but the door panels look sweet!

Good work
Old 08-30-2011, 09:22 AM   #3
nachos23
SweetXi

It's all about balance... If the centre sections had been stock black, then it would have been too much I think, but the blue really offsets the dark carbon and makes the entire panel "come alive".... LOL
H&R Coilovers
aFe CAI
& a few other goodies

Old 08-30-2011, 10:35 AM   #4
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
looks great, i'm sure fab is really happy with it.

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
hid headlights hid kit
propr'one is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 11:39 AM   #5
nachos23
SweetXi

He seems to be... We are discussing next winters wrapping project already.... LOL
H&R Coilovers
aFe CAI
& a few other goodies

Old 08-31-2011, 08:11 AM   #6
EMPOWERD
Senior Moderator/Event-Coordinator

There seems to be several panels that need to be redone.. badly. I was very disappointed with the work Nachos23, sorry. I'm surprised Fab isn't loosing sleep over it.

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --
EMPOWERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 08:21 AM   #7
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMPOWERD View Post
There seems to be several panels that need to be redone.. badly. I was very disappointed with the work Nachos23, sorry. I'm surprised Fab isn't loosing sleep over it.
That was my thoughts, several panels have messed up weaves, I know it's hard to get it all straight with the contours of the panel, but that is what separates a professionally made panel vs a home made one. Either way as long as fab is happy...
Old 08-31-2011, 09:04 AM   #8
Coupedup
Reverse Gear Member

Looks pretty darn good to me~ this is no easy job that for sure!
Coupedup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 07:06 AM   #9
nachos23
SweetXi

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMPOWERD View Post
As this was my first attempt @ panels, we agreed on a couple that are going to be re-done over the winter. He's waited all summer to get his car out of the shop, so we decided to address any concerns over the winter so he can enjoy the remainder of the season.
H&R Coilovers
aFe CAI
& a few other goodies

Old 09-12-2011, 12:57 PM   #10
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

Even though there are some blemishes...it is amazing to see how far you've come.

Personally, I think it's a bit too much going on for this car. Either way, you'll have some pieces from me over this winter for my E46.

I like the inside handle pieces myself (considering you wrap the WHOLE thing, not just the upper portion like how most kits come). Apparently, my cab doesn't have a rear panel trim offered by the guys online...so I am hoping you can do that one for me.

I do have one question, how well will this hold up with the sun beaming down on it the majority of the time for us cabby guys...

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 07:51 AM   #11
nachos23
SweetXi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon@Bimmersport View Post
Even though there are some blemishes...it is amazing to see how far you've come.

Personally, I think it's a bit too much going on for this car. Either way, you'll have some pieces from me over this winter for my E46.

I like the inside handle pieces myself (considering you wrap the WHOLE thing, not just the upper portion like how most kits come). Apparently, my cab doesn't have a rear panel trim offered by the guys online...so I am hoping you can do that one for me.

I do have one question, how well will this hold up with the sun beaming down on it the majority of the time for us cabby guys...
Hey Jon;

Long time buddy (remember my car from AA tuning you did a couple of years ago? It had the functional M3 SMG paddle shift wheel you loved!) Thanks man! Appreciate the kind words.

I have several stock core sets @ shop that could be used to complete your set. I'm pretty sure that I have vert (Cab) rear armrest cores here....If not, I know where I should be able to source the pieces... Thats the best part of what I do, it's making the pieces that AREN'T available......

As far as the sun berating down on the parts, I use a resin which has built in UV protection, so each coat I add (about 5 in total) adds additional protection to the parts. I've wrapped several cab sets (some over 2 years ago now) and no have come back with fading or smokey issues after prolonged exposure to the sun..... The BASF clear coat I use also has UV protection as well, so there is ample protection from the sun and heat.....

Going to be shutting down for about 2 months after I finish the 2 e46 and 1 e39 set I'm working on now as we are putting the house up for sale within next 2 weeks (painters and contractors just finishing up some work before listing).....Once moved and settled in. I'll start wrapping again; but @ a much slower pace (2 - 3 sets/month max). Since Josee's passing, my focus has changed to focus on the family and NOT let myself get into the same situation as previously; wrapping every night; all night....

Talk soon.......
H&R Coilovers
aFe CAI
& a few other goodies

Last edited by nachos23; 09-13-2011 at 07:55 AM.
Old 09-19-2011, 12:04 PM   #12
webb70
3rd Gear Member

Do you have any pictures of the rear deck installed??
webb70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 12:31 PM   #13
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
I see what you guys mean, and some panels came out better than others, but for this kind of custom work i think one has to have reasonable expectations. If i buy a car with any kind of wood-grain in it, those peices will be on their way to nachos23 asap.

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
hid headlights hid kit
propr'one is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 07:53 AM   #14
nachos23
SweetXi

THM.... you PM'd me, but your settings don't allow for replies.......
H&R Coilovers
aFe CAI
& a few other goodies

Old 09-24-2011, 04:17 PM   #15
webb70
3rd Gear Member

Would really like to see pics of this installed....

Last edited by webb70; 09-24-2011 at 04:19 PM.
webb70 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
carbon, carbon fiber, hpf, interior, wrapping

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: