Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > BMW Club of Canada
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-08-2012, 04:13 PM   #1
TrackClub
2nd Gear Member

BMW Trillium - Complete Track Schedule

BMW Trillium, is once again pleased to offer an exciting track schedule, sure to please any automobile enthusiast! (PS We welcome all makes of automobiles and cater to all levels of experience).

www.trillium-bmwclub.ca for registrations and more info
scott@trillium-bmwclub.ca for our Registrar, in case of registration questions/issues

ADVANCED DRIVING SCHOOLS – $499 all in for two days, (single day bookings are also possible), Canadian Tire Motorsports Park (Mosport) Grand Prix track. Tuition is tax deductible! Novice, Intermediate and Advanced group levels: track, class, skid pad and much more!
1) April 28 and 29 (registration is now open!!!)
2) June 2 and 3
3) Sept 8 and 9

ADVANCED OPEN LAPPING - $225 all in each, Canadian Tire Motorsports Park (Mosport) Grand Prix track. Advanced drivers only please. 2 run groups: race cars and street cars. Prior sign off by a Chief BMW instructor required. Or, send your driving resume to our Registrar: scott@trillium-bmwclub.ca
1) April 27 (registration is now open!!!)
2) June 1
3) Sept 7

AUTOCROSS COMPETITION SERIES – 2 venues: i) Brampton PowerAde Centre at $40 all in each and ii) Canadian Tire Motorsports Park (Mosport) Driver Development Track (DDT) at $100 all in (includes lapping!). Non members welcome at nominally higher rates.
1) May 6 – Brampton (registration is now open!!!)
2) May 20 – DDT (includes afternoon open lapping)
3) June 17 – Brampton
4) July 29 – Brampton
5) Aug 26 – DDT (includes afternoon open lapping)
6) Sept 16 – Brampton
7) Oct 27 – Brampton
8) Nov 10 – Brampton

BMW CLUB RACE SCHOOL – $599 all in for both days, Canadian Tire Motorsports Park (Mosport) Grand Prix track. Organized by www.bmwccaclubracing.com see “events” tab for details and registration:
1)April 28 and 29 (registration is now open!!!)

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask. Thank you!
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 04:35 PM   #2
E30 Girl
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to E30 Girl
Is it possibly to come out to the DDT days for lapping only? If so what would the cost be for member and non member. What is the membership fee now?

Thanks
E30 Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 04:59 PM   #3
TrackClub
2nd Gear Member

Hi! The membership is $62 bucks. The non member cost for the DDT is $125 vs $100 for autox in the morning and open lapping in the afteroon.
i am sure the organizers wouldnt mind folks just coming for the lapping portion, but i would need to check further if that would entail any reductions in track fee. Given regular lapping days at DDT are about $200+, this is still a pretty nice deal for a lot of seat time at this fun venue. Cheers, Bill
Old 03-08-2012, 05:13 PM   #4
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

Is ADVANCED OPEN LAPPING, new?

edit: NM saw it was only for the fridays, thought it was during the weekend also.
Old 03-08-2012, 05:33 PM   #5
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

it should be noted that lapping at the DDT Auto-slalom will happen after all competitors finish their 5 runs. this could happen at 11 am or 1 pm, so as we cannot say exactly when lapping will happen to start its for participants of the auto-slalom.

don't be afraid to sign up for the day, even if its your first autocross, it is competitive but fun as hell to push your skills against a clock in a legal venue.
richie_s999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:34 PM   #6
TrackClub
2nd Gear Member

Fridays are sans any instruction: just open lapping in 2 revolving groups: race cars and street cars. Advanced (solo) drivers can lap during weekend schools as well, but rotating in 3 groups vs 2. Weekend events also include classes, skid pad, etc. Hope this clarifies. Thanks! Bill
Old 03-08-2012, 05:42 PM   #7
dble Trouble
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK

Just to make some clarifications here. Friday lapping and lapping with the instructors is NEW and is ONLY available to graduates of our ADS or equivalent performance driving schools from accredited schools and resume with references.

Lapping at the DDT will be available to everyone not just autocrossers. Details have not been determined yet. We are having a board meeting tonight and should have those details set and posted soon. The difficulty is determining an appropriate cost not know exactly how much time we'll have to offer. The autocrossers will get 5 timed runs. Once this is complete, we will open the lapping up. As Richie mentioned this can be done at any time depending how many autocrossers show up, if there are any hiccups with equipment etc. So we will be announcing the decisions soon.

Cheers,
John Venditti

BMW 325I E30 Chumpcar Race Car
BMW 540iT M-Sport (New Family Hauler)
BMW 135i Msport Daily/track toy
dble Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:43 PM   #8
dble Trouble
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Dot_E30 View Post
Is ADVANCED OPEN LAPPING, new?

edit: NM saw it was only for the fridays, thought it was during the weekend also.
It is for the weekend as well but see my previous post.

Old 03-08-2012, 07:25 PM   #9
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dble Trouble View Post
It is for the weekend as well but see my previous post.
The dates posted are all fridays. Assuming one qualifies as an advance student, is the cost $225 per weekend day also?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post

ADVANCED OPEN LAPPING - $225 all in each
1) April 27 (registration is now open!!!)
2) June 1
3) Sept 7
Old 03-09-2012, 09:27 AM   #10
E30 Girl
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to E30 Girl
Quote:
Just to make some clarifications here. Friday lapping and lapping with the instructors is NEW and is ONLY available to graduates of our ADS or equivalent performance driving schools from accredited schools and resume with references.

Lapping at the DDT will be available to everyone not just autocrossers. Details have not been determined yet. We are having a board meeting tonight and should have those details set and posted soon. The difficulty is determining an appropriate cost not know exactly how much time we'll have to offer. The autocrossers will get 5 timed runs. Once this is complete, we will open the lapping up. As Richie mentioned this can be done at any time depending how many autocrossers show up, if there are any hiccups with equipment etc. So we will be announcing the decisions soon.

Cheers,
John Venditti
Sounds good hun keep me posted I'm definitly coming out to one of these this year...lol
E30 Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 11:55 PM   #11
dble Trouble
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK

Okay, sorry all about the delay here, I moved and just got internet tonight.... Anyhow, it's been mentioned in other threads but I thought I'd mention it here as well just so no one gets missed. At our ADS's we are offering open lapping for qualified participants on all 3 days. You get tonnes of track time because on Friday you are split up between race cars and street cars and have 45 minutes on and 45 minutes off, all day long. For this benefit, $225 tax in. On Sat and Sun, the time is different as we run 30 minute sessions BUT you get to run with the A students and the Instructor group. So there are 4 x 1/2 hour A sessions per day and 3 x 1/2 hour instructor sessions per day on the Sat/Sun. So in essence you get 7 x 1/2 hour = 3.5 hours of track time each day for sat and Sun. The cost of this is $499 tax in. If you do all 3 days thats a grand total of $724 taxes included for 10.5 hours of track time on the GP track at Mosport!! I'd say that's a lot of track time.

In regards to the Autoslaloms, the GREAT NEWS is that for the first event of the year we're hosting CASC-OR regionals. In addition SPDA will be sponsoring the event! We are anticipating an 80 car field!! Unfortunately, this will severely cut into the availability of lapping. We will still lap, but it will only be for a couple of hours. As such the price will reflect this shortened time. We have not yet determined the pricing structure as things seem to be changing on a daily basis as the season is being planned out, and then replanned etc. We will let you know as soon as we have a better idea of timing etc. Thank-you all for your patience!

John Venditti
Vice President
BMW Club of Canada - Trillium Chapter

Old 03-21-2012, 08:53 AM   #12
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

Quote:

In regards to the Autoslaloms, the GREAT NEWS is that for the first event of the year we're hosting CASC-OR regionals.
Sorry to be nit picky, just want to make sure i have the correct info.
You meant the May 20th Event at DDT right?? not the First Autoslalom on May 6th at Powerade.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:02 AM   #13
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Dot_E30 View Post
Sorry to be nit picky, just want to make sure i have the correct info.
You meant the May 20th Event at DDT right?? not the First Autoslalom on May 6th at Powerade.
Yes the May event at the DDT
richie_s999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:57 AM   #14
dble Trouble
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK

Sorry Trevor, please be nit picky when I make a mistake like that! Yes the CASC-OR event is May 20th which is in fact the second event. May 6th the first event is at the Powerade Centre! Thank-you for pointing that error out and keeping me straight!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: