Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E30 (1983 - 1991)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-03-2012, 12:45 PM   #31
frankie591
3rd Gear Member

1 half chrome, 1 half black?
frankie591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:54 PM   #32
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Looking good. Coming along nicely.
My bro and I just picked up a mint low mileage e36 cab for a project in dunkelgrun (pretty much British racing green), maybe that is a unique/rare color you may be interested in?

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Avus Blue/Grey/Black:.
Toys
'88 BMW 635CSi Blue/Tan Sport
'81 MB 500 SEC Euro Koenig
'91 Alfa Romer 164S- Red/Black/ Recaro interior
bmwm5lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:02 PM   #33
Woofer
6th Gear Member

Thanks terry!

That color is in the top 5 lol.

However plans of a color change are back on the shelf. I want to enjoy the car for a few summers before taking it completely apart again.

On a side note I won't lie that the diamond shwarz is a beautiful color. It's really grown on to me. Does anyone know if there are 2 versions of it? I feel that the freshly painted bumpers seem to have a little bit of a blue hue to it. Seems a lot more darker and richer. I can only assume that the 25+ year old paint on the car just doesn't have the same richness anymore.

Looking forward to seeing your e36 project. I'm assuming wide tires and on the ground is in the mix lol?
Old 04-04-2012, 01:08 PM   #34
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woofer View Post
Thanks terry!

That color is in the top 5 lol.

Looking forward to seeing your e36 project. I'm assuming wide tires and on the ground is in the mix lol?
Understandable. Enjoy it for at least a while!

Progress will be slow, the M5 ate up A LOT of my funds this year and I just pulled it out (maintenance and mods)! HA

So first thing first, the car needs some basic maintenance and a good polish (been sitting underground for a looong time, but in mint shape), then a lip, some 16 or 17's, muffler and a drop and its done, but we aren't rushing it. Waiting for the right deals..

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Toys
Old 04-06-2012, 02:49 AM   #35
egye30
3rd Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to egye30
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwm5lover View Post
Understandable. Enjoy it for at least a while!

Progress will be slow, the M5 ate up A LOT of my funds this year and I just pulled it out (maintenance and mods)! HA

So first thing first, the car needs some basic maintenance and a good polish (been sitting underground for a looong time, but in mint shape), then a lip, some 16 or 17's, muffler and a drop and its done, but we aren't rushing it. Waiting for the right deals..

I saw that cabrio in the classified section, looked very clean, you guys scooped that up quick good luck with that project, should turn out nice, care to share how much it set you back? understandable if you prefer not to share..

BTW Alan, you've got PM.. might be a long shot but who knows, right?

1990 325i Sterling Silver Metallic/Black leather.
M52B28 OBD-I W/ S52 Cams, M50 Manifold, SS Headers, Short ram intake, Stage 2 clutch w/ 14lb flywheel, Mark D chip tune.
Bilstein Sports with Eibach Pro springs + E90 drop hats, F+R Strut bars, '04 330ci Steering rack (3.0 Lock to lock, 13:1)
Custom Built BBS RS's 16x8 square.
egye30 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 09:32 AM   #36
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by egye30 View Post
I saw that cabrio in the classified section, looked very clean, you guys scooped that up quick good luck with that project, should turn out nice, care to share how much it set you back? understandable if you prefer not to share..

BTW Alan, you've got PM.. might be a long shot but who knows, right?
Scooped it up quick for sure, . Lets just say it was a goooooood deal I couldn't pass up.
It's like a barn find, honestly.

Anyway, lets not steer the thread too far off for Alan.

Toys
Old 04-06-2012, 12:54 PM   #37
Woofer
6th Gear Member

Lol no worries. thanks guys
Ashram I got your PM but no link. Please resend lol
Old 04-06-2012, 01:11 PM   #38
Woofer
6th Gear Member

Well I found a newer trunk to work with instead of my current flat black trunk. I had filled in the holes before and figured i would get an untouched trunk for the new trunkspolier and to top things off it was diamond shwarz.

I should have taken photos of the install/drilling but the racing thoughts of trying not to mess up a perfect trunk had most of my attention lol. To be honest, it actually wasn't that hard. It just required a little patience.
I'll be back at today lol.

On a side note I got the trunk off an e30 that had just under 100,000 kms according to the guy parting it out. I usually wouldn't buy a story like that but the car did have some signs of minimal wear. For example the door moulding clips were PEARL white. Under the hood it seem to have every clip and cover from the factory. Intake manifold was very fresh and clean looking. Well at least what was left. The guy had a small gas leak and the engine bay caught fire. He also claims he sold the cluster for 800 bucks!!!!!!

Just a quick pic from last night.
Old 04-06-2012, 01:15 PM   #39
egye30
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woofer View Post
Lol no worries. thanks guys
Ashram I got your PM but no link. Please resend lol
Ashraf* its a tongue twister i know lol cant believe i didnt send you the link, sent again my bad

M52B28 OBD-I W/ S52 Cams, M50 Manifold, SS Headers, Short ram intake, Stage 2 clutch w/ 14lb flywheel, Mark D chip tune.
Bilstein Sports with Eibach Pro springs + E90 drop hats, F+R Strut bars, '04 330ci Steering rack (3.0 Lock to lock, 13:1)
Old 04-06-2012, 01:20 PM   #40
Woofer
6th Gear Member

Lol I actually spelt it correctly. Damn iPhone auto correct lol. Every time I write your name it corrects it to ashram. Lol
Old 04-07-2012, 01:18 AM   #41
Woofer
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrbovsky View Post
pics of the spoiler!!!!!!!!
The trunk isn't installed yet but got the spoiler mounted. Just have to swap trunks tomorrow.

I also splurged and got my self a little gift.

Ashraf, I would possibly consider trading the wheel for a fresh set of fog lights and smoked turn signals lmao. If you catch me in the right mood, lol you never know haha
Old 04-07-2012, 01:42 AM   #42
egye30
3rd Gear Member

ahhh i want this wheel! my e30 needs it! but also needs the signals lol you may be able to convince to part with the brand new never installed glass fogs i was planning to keep though, or how much cash!? lol pm me

Old 04-07-2012, 09:04 AM   #43
e30tOny
k-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by egye30 View Post
ahhh i want this wheel! my e30 needs it! but also needs the signals lol you may be able to convince to part with the brand new never installed glass fogs i was planning to keep though, or how much cash!? lol pm me

Do you have "stealth" bulbs[silver turns yellow??] & smoked turn signal package??
Old 04-07-2012, 04:08 PM   #44
egye30
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by e30tOny View Post
Do you have "stealth" bulbs[silver turns yellow??] & smoked turn signal package??
Stealth bulbs are easy to get, I think Alan is after these though
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Photo0046.jpg (87.9 KB, 92 views)
File Type: jpg Photo0047.jpg (121.9 KB, 92 views)
File Type: jpg smoked01.JPG (193.7 KB, 93 views)

Old 04-08-2012, 04:50 PM   #45
Woofer
6th Gear Member

Car is now road ready! Finished up installing a few things yesterday. Also got around to buffing and waxing too. I'll probably go back to a stock color hood since the flat black is fading on me. As much as I like the flag on the corner, I think a clean diamond shwarz hood would look better.

Here are some before pics. Pfeba front lower valance, flat black plastic bumpers, front and back. Blacked out grills and flat black trunk with iS spoiler.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: