Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 08-26-2011, 05:20 PM   #16
gruppusol
2nd Gear Member

If you (bmwm5lover) have more than one product with rogers then what you could do is renegotiate. Having more products with them gives you more leverage. I understand that that may not be the case, you may have a different cable, internet or land line provider. If rogers wireless is all you have with them, then what you could do to offset the cancellation fee is make the other wireless provider sweeten their deal in order to get you to switch with them. You, as the customer, should have the advantage if you play your cards right. Make up a plan you would like to have...be reasonable but generous and then tell them what you want to pay. See what happens!?
gruppusol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 07:18 PM   #17
NOTORIOUS VR
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwm5lover View Post
I want to go with Wind, they have a SICK new plan out right know.
My rogers plan is OK< but there is better.
The best part about Rogers over any other provider in Canada is they WILL give you a great deal to keep you happy and with them.

I've tried this with Bell and Telus, and they thought a $80/mo plan was a good deal and the best they could do for a standing customer of 5+ years

Call up Rogers Relations/Retentions directly (you can find the number on the net) and see what they say. Tell them you're thinking of going with Wind instead because of price, etc... be courteous with them and don't accept the first offer (unless you think it's really good)!

read this:

https://rogerswatch.wordpress.com/retentions/

and get the number here:

https://rogerswatch.wordpress.com/contact/
Old 08-26-2011, 08:57 PM   #18
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
dont ever call retentions. call the normal rogers wireless number and say you want a cancel (the retentions people see how you reached them)

Ivan, that's not really that bad of a plan. Having said that, if i removed data from my plan, i'd be paying 26.50 including SAF and 1000 min LD taxes in (which i can do in 3 months with no penalty)

If you want a better deal, read the links sasha posted (or the howardforums thread on rogers retention plans, where i learned what i know)

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 10:15 PM   #19
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Great info guys, thank you.

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:.Individual-Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;Spacers;Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'07 BMW M5/6.:Indianapolis Red/Black:.
Toys
'88 BMW 635CSi
'81 MB 500 SEC Koenig
bmwm5lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 11:48 PM   #20
NOTORIOUS VR
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by propr'one View Post
dont ever call retentions. call the normal rogers wireless number and say you want a cancel (the retentions people see how you reached them)
Block your number...

Sometimes if you call the normal number and you tell them you want to cancel they might cancel you on the spot. It's not protocol but it has happened.
Old 08-27-2011, 01:12 AM   #21
noodles101
ΛΦΕ

proprone how did u get such a sick phone plan?

im on a student plan

my10canada
200 daytime
6pm - 10am unlimited
1g data
unlimited text
voicemail
callerID
picturemsging
vid msging

..im paying 87 dollars tax in.

i tried to get rid of the my10canada and switch it to 1000 long distance minutes..and they keep telling me i cant do it because i have a student plan and they cant break my plan up like htat... blah blah...
Old 08-27-2011, 02:38 AM   #22
propr'one
op sucks cock

Your plan sucks. Call and say you wanna cancel. If you have lots of time on your contact they wont deal with you.

Someone else on this board has pretty much the same plan i do (without LD) for 35$ a month tax in./

Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
Old 08-27-2011, 02:54 AM   #23
noodles101
ΛΦΕ

Ya I got half a year left...
I'll try calling and try to make some sort of a deal with them.
Thanks proprone
Old 08-27-2011, 03:10 AM   #24
South
3rd Gear Member

I am with telus 3 year contract iphone 4 plan....paying 55 a month without taxes

1g data
6 pm local
fav 10 numbers
200 anytime minutes
and some other minor things like voice mail 3 family LD etc...

Its been exactly 1 year so far and honestly I do not use half the things I have and the guy who sold me the contract said you can't get rid of things to lower the price....and at that time I thought I would use more than I am now....so I am stuck with this crap and the only solace I can give myself is to make sure every month to leave my phone streaming youtube till the 1gig and calling my home phone for almost 200 minutes....haha, but what can you do?
South is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 03:19 AM   #25
NOTORIOUS VR
6th Gear Member

I have pay $85 tax in for my plan.. but it's old school.

750min
free after 6
6 gb data
R2R
100 LD min
OG smartphone pack

the only hing I regret not doing was getting the unlimited NA plan instead... same price as my base plan... they just wouldn't deal and give me credits with it so I didn't take it since I have quite a few credits on my account right now.
Old 08-27-2011, 04:36 AM   #26
lvan
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to lvan
Quote:
Originally Posted by propr'one View Post

Ivan, that's not really that bad of a plan. Having said that, if i removed data from my plan, i'd be paying 26.50 including SAF and 1000 min LD taxes in (which i can do in 3 months with no penalty)

If you want a better deal, read the links sasha posted (or the howardforums thread on rogers retention plans, where i learned what i know)
Cool. Appreciated it. So to wrap it up, is it worth dicking around to call them to save 10 bucks and add free texing. The bills always comes around $36, $37 because I tend to text people. So far I been happy with a plan because I dont talk too much.
lvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 07:41 AM   #27
BigD
the misanthropist

Good advice all around. Something else to consider is if you pay over 100 a month, then you're considered a VIP. They will bend over backwards to keep you, especially if you have a long history with them. We always get what we want. We pay 60 bucks a month per phone all in for the following with Fido:

600 daytime
unl evening/weekend
unl text
call display/vm
1000 canada LD
6 gig data

I also wouldn't worry about who you're calling, they've wised up to all this now and the "retentions" numbers posted everywhere now just lead to regular customer service. I know this for a fact with Fido, and I've been told it's also the case with Rogers.

Like Notorious, I don't get what it is with the contract phobia. It's not like there are a hundred options of types of services. You pick CDMA or GSM, and other than toy providers, that limits you to two companies (each with two names to make you feel special). I have no idea why anyone would want CDMA but once you've made your choice either way... the only thing a contract means is that you get phones for dirt cheap and you can negotiate killer plans. There is NO way a provider would give a month by monther a great deal, as opposed to someone who's committed to them for many years and has a history of forking over the dough.

And I'm not even ruthless about it. Just when the contract is close to renewal, we pick what we want to lower/gain $/feature wise, and call retentions. We always get what we want and a cherry on top. Oh, and the latest phone for cheap. My friend at work has been doing this since the iphone first came out. And as you know, they've been coming out as frequently as once a year. He has always gotten them to let him renew his contract only a year in, get the new iphone, and sell his previous one at enough of a profit to cover the contract price of the new phone and then some.

We haven't done this more than a few times but another trick is that if you're not getting what you want, call back. And call in the evenings, after 6ish. They're not required to give you anything so if the guy on the other end is a douche, you might not get what you want. The odds of this are greater during the day when they've been eating shit from morons all day about the phone not working after they ran it over with their car. I've never heard of this but if someone does call your bluff, as they give you the final confirmation, just say you need to check on something and you'll call back in a min.
Old 08-27-2011, 11:04 AM   #28
Quack
Wheelman

Send a message via MSN to Quack
with a little help from this thread I got my plan changed.

previous plan
BBM Messaging plan $45+$12 value pack(voicemail, caller ID etc.) + the GOV'T Fee + tx = a new asshole($74)
unlimited BBM/text/email/video/pictures
200 weekday mins, free after 9pm & weekends,
and some other minor stuff, it was a pretty shitty plan that cost too much.

called a hour ago & got them to change to this
$53 + tx
300 weekday mins, free after 6pm & weekends,
unlimited text/video/pictures/emails,
free social networking,
my10 for Canada,
1GB data,
caller ID, voicemail etc..

Maxbimmer Drama, You Gotta Love It
Quack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 11:23 AM   #29
propr'one
op sucks cock

well cone clarence. You could've pushed for even cheaper, but that's a very good deal, and you're already saving at least 100$ a year.

Sasha,

i talked to my friends at rogers. Retentions should NEVER cancel you on the spot, its directly against their customer policy.

Ivan,

if you have less than 6 months left, they'll let you renew (offer you a retentions plan) as if your plan was expiring tomorrow.

Last edited by propr'one; 08-27-2011 at 11:29 AM.
Old 08-27-2011, 11:33 AM   #30
Quack
Wheelman

Send a message via MSN to Quack
yeah I probably could have push for more but I didn't, I just told them Bell was offering a similar plan & they just beat it, it was pretty easy.

Maxbimmer Drama, You Gotta Love It
Quack is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: