Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Multimedia > Rides
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-24-2011, 07:06 PM   #91
JINT
5th Gear Member

CLEAN motor
Old 01-12-2012, 08:58 PM   #92
new2bmw
3rd Gear Member

Hey Man

Hows it going? So whats new, still going strong on the build? Whats your buddy with the converted ambulance do? i had never seen one converted and used for a work truck, the week you posted that one pulled into my parking lot , it struck me as ironic that it happened like that. Odds are coincidence but thought i would ask.
hope all is well, keep up the great work.
new2bmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 01:58 AM   #93
bimmer318ti
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to bimmer318ti
sweet ride
Old 01-19-2012, 01:55 PM   #94
cormier
6th Gear Member

Thanks Guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2bmw View Post
Hows it going? So whats new, still going strong on the build? Whats your buddy with the converted ambulance do? i had never seen one converted and used for a work truck, the week you posted that one pulled into my parking lot , it struck me as ironic that it happened like that. Odds are coincidence but thought i would ask.
hope all is well, keep up the great work.
Theyre plumbers -- After they saw my work ambulance they loved it and wanted one to store stuff in, works great for em

REALLY slow progress as of late, but its been satisfying. Been grinding EVERY spot of rust in my bay and smoothing everything out. Been in contact constantly with Mat @ OctaneArt about all the prep work before I get the bay painted. While no work has been done yet, I can already recommend this guy -- he's been great. There are only a few major issues that will be addressed:

The "jack points" at the rear of the wheel arches are being replaced, and the lower part of the rad support as both are rusted beyond repair.

He's also going to re-seal my seams as they look like garbage that a 2 year old painted. I also removed all the crap from behind my wheels and this will be re-done as well. Theres nothing like the look of bare-metal. My bay already looks 10 times better. Hoping to get it off to be painted by mid-February, and build the engine while the car's away.

No pictures just yet -- but once the bay's completely prepped I'll put some up for judgement

In other news, I grabbed a used SuperSprint resonator section to mate with the Eisenmann race. Should be a beautiful and frightening noise . still undecided on running cats and/or anther resonator for...decibel control

cormier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:11 PM   #95
cormier
6th Gear Member

More Wiring...

So we labeled all the body harness connectors today, with the exception of two partitions

The first is made up of four connectors: the first two with black wires that go to the third, which shares a boot with the fourth wire. This wire is Black/White and runs into the firewall

The second is a round connector with a blue and green/brown wire, I think this goes over by the battery tray and into that sensor in the firewall (temp?)

Anyone have any idea?

Also took a look at GAUGES today

Thinking of going 3 or 4 in the center vent -- Oil Pressure, Temp, Water Temp and/or Volts

Any input on good ones? Checked out some autometer and Defi and they looked decent--Nothing too flashy just matching the cluster would be great

Meeting with the body shop again on Saturday, then a week or so more until its moved out there and comes back all shiny

Old 02-02-2012, 09:38 PM   #96
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by cormier View Post
In other news, I grabbed a used SuperSprint resonator section to mate with the Eisenmann race. Should be a beautiful and frightening noise . still undecided on running cats and/or anther resonator for...decibel control
Just make them removable so you can swap it in and out for a track pipe.
Old 02-03-2012, 10:31 AM   #97
cormier
6th Gear Member

Ha definitely! I think the consensus is to run a straight downpipe to the super sprint then eisenmann and if it's overpowering, make a cat/second muffler section for street use

It may sound crazy but we were toying with the idea of moving the fuse box inside the cabin... We're going to extend the wires anyways to tuck inside the fender and I really like the clean bay idea-- maybe im getting ahead of myself lol

Old 02-18-2012, 12:18 PM   #98
cormier
6th Gear Member

holy CRAP theres a lot of pieces that go on the long block lmao. Mike @ Maranello really saved my a$$ on them, still ended up dishing out a ton of cash. Next build, I'll do a much better job of not losing parts and labeling everything

Getting the motor assembled slowly. But, in more exciting news, the car should be back on the wheels today ready to go over to the body shop and get painted!

I havent updated this thread at all on the bodywork that I've been doing (learning) lately, but its gone pretty well. The engine bay looks CLEAN and ready to be sprayed. When we ship it off, I'll grab my sister's DSLR and take some shots of how it turned out -- and of course of the results when shes back

Old 02-18-2012, 12:24 PM   #99
BrianM
2nd Gear Member

sounds great (not so much the loosing parts/extra money bit)! looking forward to those pictures
BrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 04:29 PM   #100
cormier
6th Gear Member

Ask and you shall receive!

Keeping in mind that the rad support and boxes are being repaired

Old 02-18-2012, 10:30 PM   #101
BrianM
2nd Gear Member

quotin' scripture and droppin' pictures, that's what I like to see!
haha, man she looks squeeky clean! You've put some time into that for sure
BrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 07:34 PM   #102
cormier
6th Gear Member

Ive also been looking around for gauges. Im going to run Oil temp and pressure off of the UUC oil center I have, and hoping to run water temp in place of the TB heater on the head, just have to double check the thread size. They'll go in the center vent using the HI BOOST panel -- I may or may not get Volts as well, so undecided between 3 or 4 pod panel.

I've pretty much narrowed it down to these two brands

STACK Pro-control

I think these match the e30 retro look perfectly. 7 colour LED backlight, with programmable hi/lo warning

Defi ADVANCE CR

...Except that the 52mm gauges only say "WATER T." and "OIL P."

I would need the Advance control unit as well for these ones, but hooking them up with it seems easier actually in some respects. Remote controls colours, limits, etc. I've heard these gauges are highly accurate and amazing quality.

Also ordered my fan and some other goodies from bimmerworld today

Have to figure out my rad setup, I'm planning on getting an e36 mishimoto and using an attached expansion tank like this ZA one

And possibly welding it onto one of the sides of the rad. I'm not crazy! I've seen it done in another build

Old 02-20-2012, 08:04 PM   #103
craz azn
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to craz azn
Stack = baller

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |
craz azn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:31 PM   #104
cormier
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by craz azn View Post
Stack = baller
They really are -- have you had them before? I think I'm set on them I can't wait to see one in the flesh

Old 02-20-2012, 11:31 PM   #105
craz azn
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to craz azn
Quote:
Originally Posted by cormier View Post
They really are -- have you had them before? I think I'm set on them I can't wait to see one in the flesh
Nope, but I've seen countless racecars with them. If I didn't already have my VDO gauges, it would have been a toss up of VDOs or these Stack gauges.

Actually, the VDO Vision series is similar in style to the Stack one you posted. Another option for you to look into if you need to.

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |

Last edited by craz azn; 02-20-2012 at 11:33 PM.
craz azn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
build, dohc, e30, engine swap, s52

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: