Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Multimedia > Rides
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-23-2012, 12:10 PM   #256
craz azn
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to craz azn
You can do it man!!! So close!

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |
craz azn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 07:38 PM   #257
mtlbloodshot
2nd Gear Member

What transmission and DSSR are you using?

I have a ZF320 with a S52 M3 DSSR.. Is that gonna work?
mtlbloodshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:47 PM   #258
cormier
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by craz azn View Post
You can do it man!!! So close!
Ya I'm starting to taste it ha hopefully driving by Saturday

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlbloodshot View Post
What transmission and DSSR are you using?

I have a ZF320 with a S52 M3 DSSR.. Is that gonna work?
I have a ZF like you with an e36 m3 shifter carrier. I have the UUC DSSR, the OEM one is only a single-arm style-- you have the single arm one?

If its going into an early model you'll also need that bushing/bracket from the carrier to chassis that are in the pictures

cormier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:50 PM   #259
mtlbloodshot
2nd Gear Member

It's going in a late model and I have the e36 shifter carrier with a UUC DSSR exactly like the one you have. Just wanted to know if everything lined up correctly and if you had any issues.
Old 08-24-2012, 12:13 AM   #260
cormier
6th Gear Member

Oh sorry i misunderstood that! Everything feels nice yeah, but for some reason second won't go in :s

There was a thread on r3v about shift carriers -- some people were saying that some were rotated slightly -- but I can't remember if it was only the Getrags or if the ZF ones were a bit off too... I'll try to find the link tomorrow

If it is misaligned it's not noticeable, none of my shifts are pinching the shift boot, but my shifts are relatively shorter too

You're using the stock shift rod?

Old 08-24-2012, 12:18 AM   #261
mtlbloodshot
2nd Gear Member

I'm using the Z3 shifter.. Honestly I haven't read anything about people even using uuc dssr on a 24v swap.. I know with the g260s, the transmission has to slightly angled, I don't know it that would change anything with the carrier. Try and find the link please and post it here or pm on r3v.. I have the same user name
Old 08-24-2012, 09:19 AM   #262
cormier
6th Gear Member

This is the link. From what I remember, every component changed something slightly

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=73384

After I found this thread, I bought all the UUC stuff lol. I think the DSSR makes. A world of difference they say in that thread

Old 08-25-2012, 03:35 PM   #263
cormier
6th Gear Member

Under 24hours to go and were slaving. Working on the hoist at the exhaust shop. Brakes and clutch and bled, exhaust is almost done but the resonator wouldn't fit nicely! It's gonna be vibrant cats straight back to the eisenmann race

Old 08-26-2012, 01:11 AM   #264
cormier
6th Gear Member

Annddd... Car drives well! Will make it tomorrow-- few pieces to finish up but im not worried about the driving

First and second wont go in :s thinkin the synchros or linkage or something... But third has well enough power to start with

Exhaust is pretty loud haha... And Shiz that car pulls in 5th like a beast

Old 08-26-2012, 05:54 PM   #265
Chris916
2nd Gear Member

Awesome build man! Great to hear she's running! Get a video of a pull when you get a chance
Old 08-27-2012, 12:41 PM   #266
cormier
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris916 View Post
Awesome build man! Great to hear she's running! Get a video of a pull when you get a chance
Thanks! Ask and you shall receive:

Little less than WOT in 3rd and 4th gear, up this hill on the way to mosport. Gives a feel for the exhaust tho

Been so busy getting this thing running the last few days that I havent updated at all!

Got the exhaust done, only problem is the supersprint resonator I was hoping to use didnt fit! We ended up ditching it in the interest of saving time and making midpipes instead. I wish I had taken some better pictures of the whole setup, it looks super wicked awesome. Got it done in the dixie/dundas area (no, not the shop you're thinking) at D'Muffler Mechanix. I can't recommend them enough, the amount of quality work they did and staying late (like past midnight) two days in a row to get the job done was unbelievable.

In the end, went with dual 2.5 for the downpipes (same size as the headers), custom made x-pipe with o2 bung, vibrant metal core cats, then into the Eisenmann. The muffler comes a bit short of the bumper, but without trimming it would hang lower, which I didn't want. The midsection will eventually be replaced by a resonated piece depending on how soon I go deaf.

On to some pictures that I DO have

And onto the less than great topics. Had a few issues that popped up once the car got driving. Anyone who has any info that I'm missing feel free, ill take all the suggestions I can get!

Firstly, the ZF won't go into first or second gear. First feels like its in, but doesnt even grind the gear or anything. I can't feel second at all. I don't think its a linkage problem -- reverse and 3/4/5 are all fine and the whole linkage assembly doesn't appear to be binding on anything.

Secondly, I had an intermittant no-start yesterday. When at the cruise, it lasted hours --fuel was fine but no spark...however after following the suggestion to kick the DME around the parking lot a bit, she fired right up. Idling afterwards was tough as the car kept dieing, and it does sound like a huge vacuum leak somewhere. Plan is to pull the intake and check the seals and hoses. While driving after, moving the DME around caused the car to hesitate, etc. Unsure if the issues are all realated or if there are two going on. Tried a spare 413 DME and the symptoms persisted.

Those are the big issues right now... When the car is pulling tho it feels great!

ahh well, I'll sort it out. its crazy to even have it on the road so for that I'm glad. Special thanks to everyone who helped me out so much yesterday, Rudy, Kurt, Alan, Mike @ StanceFactory (unbelievable), and many others.

Last edited by cormier; 08-27-2012 at 12:45 PM.
Old 08-27-2012, 12:43 PM   #267
cormier
6th Gear Member

Two pix from the show

Double ///M POWER

Old 08-27-2012, 01:01 PM   #268
BigD
the misanthropist

Sounds like a busted pin or wire in your harness at the DME somewhere...

Would you be up for disclosing what the exhaust shop charged? Looks like top shelf work.
Old 08-27-2012, 02:38 PM   #269
Woofer
6th Gear Member

Glad to hear you made it home at least. Too bad Rudy's extra DME didn't solve anything. My buddy and I were stuck at the gates of the DDT track until 9ish. The rad on his 850 decided it was time to go LOL and cracked while we were lapping. Called CAA at 4-4:30 and they never came until just before 9. Loaded the car on the flatbed and made our way back to Toronto.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346092716.100572.jpg
Old 08-28-2012, 07:59 PM   #270
cormier
6th Gear Member

I didn't know you guys were having trouble! Worst possible times eh...

Thanks for the idea D, I'm gonna recheck the DME connector-- The shop was around 800 for parts and a bit over 1k for labour, which aside from fabbing basically all but the last two feet of exhaust, includes making hangers and making /welding two brackets for the expansion tank to secure on to the rad. I forgot to take pix of that. I'm happy with it all-- unlike the e36 midsections and such it is all tucked in super close to the body, unbolt-able and looks incredible.

Tags
build, dohc, e30, engine swap, s52

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: