Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Multimedia > Rides
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-16-2012, 10:08 AM   #241
cormier
6th Gear Member

Naw dude the cars like near brantford! I'm gonna try a few multimeter tricks today

Thx for the offer I'll grab that off you sometime and go out and try it for sure if I come up empty

I'm going to keep track of my thoughts here to keep organized

There IS constant hot 12v power going to the DME connector at pin 26

There doesn't seem to be any pulse coming into the DME at pin 16 (CPS input) when cranking. Going to check the connector

The CPS yellow wire shows continuity to pin 16 and the CPS ohms at 560 -- fine I think?

Thanks to D for the CEL suggestion. Of course the zillion dollars I spent on the THR adapter (that, in retrospect I could have made myself) didn't buy me a hooked up CEL or space for it. I metered pin 8 from the motor harness when the key is on and nothing-- no CEL would be showing. Leaning more towards the DME now.

Edit: may have it. This stupid resistor thing that was on the ground from the coils isn't letting the coils and whatever else is connected there ground. I have no idea what it's for but I left it in there and insulated it when i did my harness-- time to come out and bypass it for a proper ground!

Installed proper ground. No difference.

cormier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 01:59 PM   #242
cormier
6th Gear Member

ITS ALIVE!

Ended up jumping the Main relay (why I didnt try before, I dont know)

Ran like shit at the end, but I'll run it for longer when the cooling system is complete and I can check it out. I also r3ved the shit out of it, but should be fine as those were the explicit instructions from my rebuilder

Now THATS some motivation -- sounded like a bloody sprint car. I gotta get this thing running with no exhaust for a bit lol

Thanks so much to EVERYONE for their help, it kept me sane lol.

Last edited by cormier; 08-16-2012 at 03:42 PM.
Old 08-16-2012, 02:10 PM   #243
BigD
the misanthropist

Congrats dude!
Old 08-16-2012, 02:21 PM   #244
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

10 days to bimmercruise... you can do it
Old 08-16-2012, 03:43 PM   #245
cormier
6th Gear Member

Update: video up.

Im trying hard for bimmercruise. I'll have the rest of today, then saturday afternoon and all sunday to finish things up hopefully. Exhaust shop said they can take it Monday or Tuesday with a 2 day turnaround. Then hopefully I'll have friday and saturday to finish everything.

Can keep my fingers crossed .. But I won't get my hopes up TOO much lol

Old 08-18-2012, 09:31 AM   #246
cormier
6th Gear Member

Idle fixed. Had a spare ICV (thx D) which I cleaned thoroughly and installed -- now it runs like a champ

Bought a lower rad hose from part source and trimmed to fit -- the upper mishimoto hose that came with the e36 kit will work fine it looks like too

Also with the proper white main relay in (found one at home) no more electrical chasing -- everything works fine without anything getting hot or buzzing lol

Talked to the exhaust shop and they're going to be able to take her early next week to fab a downpipe and for fit the supersprint/eisenmann combo I'll be running. They estimate a 2 day turnaround.

The only other big things to do before it drives are the cooling and brake systems. I'm looking hard to find a stock ix res to fit on the master so we can fill that system -- and as for cooling ive got the ZA m42 expansion tank that I'm going to try and have the exhaust shop cut short and weld to the side of the mishimoto.

My throttle cable is bugging me a bit also. Firstly, I had the wrong cable -- had a strait one not the 90 bend that everyone speaks of. Secondly, my TB looks different than anyone else's I've seen using that cable -- it attaches with black curved plastic pieces instead of the metal plate thing... May have to source another one of those as well

My thread on r3v inquiring about the cable and Tb connection
http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=259170

as long as the aforementioned pains in the asses work out, I don't see why I can't be at bimmercruise

Old 08-19-2012, 10:26 PM   #247
cormier
6th Gear Member

Things went well today. Driveshaft all bolted up with the e30 csb.

Got an ix res in as well, needed to trim the tb fin a bit, but went nice

Did a ton of work getting the fan in, but I'm really happy with it. We ended up modifying the Massive fan brackets a bit, and bolting them to the chassis. Reason being the rad sits fairly low, and there would have been contact with the fan and lower rad support if we bolted it to the rad. Also, this allows the gasket to fit which I think is cool. Tested the connection using the stock aux fan wiring and a new resistor, both speeds worked perfectly.

Some pictures of the fan and rad

Got the UUC Evo 3 fully bolted in with DSSR and carrier bushings. Feels awesome. For some reason I don't think I can get into second :s but we'll see how it goes when we're moving lol.

Cleaned up the inside to get some motivation! Still a tad more wiring to do inside

Pickin up some stuff tomorrow and hopefully we'll be on the wheel and ready for going to the exhaust shop by tuesday morning!

Old 08-20-2012, 07:20 AM   #248
BigD
the misanthropist

Get yourself an OBD1 throttle body. It's shorter so it'll give you more clearance and you'll solve your throttle cable problem.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:09 AM   #249
cormier
6th Gear Member

Ya, I have to look around for one this week. Then I dont have to run that stupid gasket adapter either. I wasn't too worries because it should be says enough at a wreckers

Old 08-20-2012, 08:01 PM   #250
cormier
6th Gear Member

Ugh idle is being wonky again. First the charging light was out, then a fuel line split in the back.... Now nothing and it's still really choppy and dies here and there. Oh well it'll have to wait until after the exhaust shop to get figured out. If I pull the icv again, I'm soaking t in kerosine and lighting it on fire. Then maybe it'll be clean enough.

Old 08-20-2012, 09:24 PM   #251
BigD
the misanthropist

Could be a vacuum leak somewhere. I didn't have a stitch of trouble with that ICV.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:40 PM   #252
cormier
6th Gear Member

I'm banking on icv -- I'm letting them soak for a bit and the solution is getting darker as time passes :p they move nicer already -- we'll see in the morning

I'll take some pix too-- I like the stance with the motor in now that we're back on 4 wheels

Old 08-20-2012, 11:21 PM   #253
cormier
6th Gear Member

Ya F the neighbors everyone like a nightly dose of open exhaust right :p?

Started it up and that did the trick. Only ran for around 10 seconds but the idle was at around 1500, then started to drop down to 1k or so. Big improvement and I'm sure once the motor gets heat in it, I'll have a nice purrrr

Old 08-21-2012, 04:00 PM   #254
cormier
6th Gear Member

Cars at the exhaust shop. Going with an x in the downpipe for the o2, then vibrant metal cats. Should be done Friday.

Some pix on 4 wheels

Old 08-23-2012, 11:08 AM   #255
cormier
6th Gear Member

Short video when the idle was fixed, before towing to the exhaust shop.

Looks like I'm all ready to fill/bleed cooling, PS, and brakes/clutch when the car comes back. wiring will have to be a maybe until all that gets done and we get to run it around to break in a bit. Still hoping to be on track for Sunday, will know by tomorrow

Tags
build, dohc, e30, engine swap, s52

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: