Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Wheels&Tires
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 08-18-2011, 12:07 PM   #1
sski
2nd Gear Member

Just a heads up - Green and Ross Tire Promotion

Green and Ross is have a buy 3 get one free promotion on all in stock tires...including winters (until Aug 20). I just got a set of Michelin X-ice 2's.

Pick them up now, toss them in the garage, basement whatever until the snow flys.
Old 08-18-2011, 01:12 PM   #2
ChrisTO
∞ Gear Member

not bad at all...compared to Tirerack....G+R is just slightly ahead.
Old 08-18-2011, 01:44 PM   #3
IChopCars
aka ROOFLESS

Most of the times its not that great a deal, its more of a marketing gimmic. My old dealership use to run this promo and it was bs. Chances are if you go to a good tire store youll get a better deal any time of the year.

A few months ago I went to TIRES23 and they quoted me $900 for 4 new rubbers installed and balanced/taxes in. I went down the street to another performance tire shop and they quoted me $1400 lol...Point is that Tires23 prob would never run this kind of promo because their margins are so low to begin with anyways....just sayin
Old 08-18-2011, 01:54 PM   #4
ChrisTO
∞ Gear Member

^ no way...i just called them up...they were close to the retail price, not 25% off like G+R or Tirerack. only Tirerack comes close to G+R 3 for 4 deal.

example - Tirerack - 183/tire
G+R 218 per tire
tire23 - 212 / tire

but for G+R i'm only buying 3 tires.

Example two for another set of tires
Tire rack 169
G+R 246
Tire23 -234

and again i only need to pay for 3 tires at G+R which comes very close to Tirerack after the $150 shipping fee for TR.

if anyone can beat G+R deal...do let us all know. sure you can buy from Tirerack too....
Old 08-18-2011, 03:43 PM   #5
IChopCars
aka ROOFLESS

Wow Im surprised...when I bought my rubbers I shopped around quite a bit and Tires23's price couldnt be touched by anyone, twice. It also depends on how many they order from the suppliers. If they order way more of a certain brand then the other place, they usually get them cheaper which translates to better consumer deals. Good find nontheless

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: