Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Specific Regional Topics > Global MaXbimmer > British Columbia
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-24-2012, 03:24 PM   #1
mikelat
mikelat

What is going on???

Hey you would think from the posts in the BC forum that there where no 325's in Vancouver but on my (cycle) commute today I saw 3 so given it was only a 50k ride it suggests that there are lots so lets hear it from BCers.

Mike
mikelat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 10:35 PM   #2
Nick_V
6th Gear Member

I'm guessing all the BC guys are on BCbimmers and don't bother with Max since it's 99% GTA/southern Ontario people on here...
Nick_V is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 10:53 PM   #3
mikelat
mikelat

Yeah bummer but at least they are Canadians (arn't they?). I guess if they are not Leaf fans.
Old 03-26-2012, 03:14 AM   #4
1bmw1
3rd Gear Member

Welcome Mikelat. Used to live in Kamloops BC before moving to Ontario. BCbimmers is dead compared to Max. BC guys roam max but they don't frequent this section as you can tell.
Old 03-26-2012, 01:15 PM   #5
mikelat
mikelat

Yes this is by far the hottest forum around and I have just finished going thru them all.
Old 03-30-2012, 05:30 PM   #6
Carib
1st Gear Newbie

As I own two E30s, I don't frequent this forum because I get all my info (mechanical, interior, electrical, etc) from r3vlimited/m42 club/e30tech forums as they are more dedicated to E30s

Getting parts is a lot easier to search/source from there as well as the shops/stores/private sellers in BC as opposed to getting it shipped from Ontario.

Don't get me wrong, Maxbimmer is a great forum for the BMW community.
Carib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 08:03 PM   #7
mikelat
mikelat

Thanks for the heads up r3v is a great forum. Are you a member of the BMW car club?? Other than the time I spent talking to guys selling their cars this month I have never talked to a real live e30 owner in person.

Mike
Old 03-30-2012, 08:13 PM   #8
Carib
1st Gear Newbie

Not a member of the BMW Car Club... although I should look into that resource as well.

Where about in Vancouver are you and which Bimmer do you have? I've met a few members out here in Vancouver and one in Toronto so far. It's always cool to meet fellow members!

You'll see that once you have the E30 on your mind you'll start noticing them all over the place!

Latahs.
Carib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 02:17 AM   #9
mikelat
mikelat

Oh I see the cars, in fact on my commute with my son (he works I do not) and I regularly see 3 parked plus the odd one underway. I live in Ladner and while I have seen the cars, I have yet to see and talk to a real live owner particularly one who knows lots about the car. I have a 1990 325i one owner car and he bought it in new the US while going to Oregon (a duck) and sold it to me this month with 166k miles on it. Typical Vancouver car NO rust of any sort and just the usual issues of a 22 year old car. going to take a picture of it the next nice day and post it on my profile.

Cheers, Mike

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: