Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E46 (1998 - 2005)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-21-2011, 12:05 PM   #1
BADRAT
badratart.com

Cool Interesting Experience

so once again i will say it, the heat is pissing my car off. its too hot out. yesterday i was driving downtown toronto when all of a sudden my gas pedal went limp in the middle of an intersection absolutely no response. just loose and dead. i luckily managed so slowly move to the side of the road and stop my car, right next to a pub patio. so i get out of my car pissed, swearing and obviously frustrated. a nice little show for people having lunch and a pint. i did not want to even think about towing my car to a shop or back to etobicoke. so, i whipped out my toolbox and opened the hood. as i suspected the throttle linkage came out, damn cable was loose and just popped out! im thinking because of the heat? anyways, quickly took out the air filter, air intake hoses, MAF and DISA to reach the cable. i put it back but the little metal ball on the end of the cable was still loose in the throttle body. i tightened it a bit so there would be less slack and then added the final touch... DUCT TAPE! put some on the ball end so it would fit more snug and stuck it back in. i then started putting everything back. the whole time people were walking up to me pretending they knew anything or even just to offer a hand. i ended up starting my car and driving away, people on the patio cheered. hell yes
Old 09-04-2011, 06:33 PM   #2
sammyD323
Now Viewing: 'For Sale'

bad rat rude boy. 323i 's are the best.
sammyD323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 08:50 PM   #3
davericher20
black and blue

thats a wicked story especially because you did it in front of people who were probably expecting you to fail. "Guy working on a BMW? phhfffft, doesn't know what he's doing.......oh shit...hey look at that"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINT View Post
Some people have serious track experience from the cruise, so what is fast to you, isn't fast to them.
davericher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 09:17 PM   #4
noodles101
ΛΦΕ

hey badrat, r u rob mancini's friend ? silver E46 , blacked out rims , angel eyes?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: