Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Specific Regional Topics > Ontario
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-15-2011, 06:56 PM   #1
South
3rd Gear Member

Insurance

Hey guys I need to bum your experience in this field, but I am currently looking at e30 4 doors to insure and being 20 with fresh g2 I am planning to do it under my moms insurance. However, she knows absolutely nothing about insurance since that was what my dad dealt with, but they are now divorced. The insurance is still under both their names but, being divorced now, my mom wants her own and then to add me to it. Right now her premium is 2600, but that's with her and my dads car on it; company is called Grey Power Insurance Brokers.

So I'm wondering if anyone knows a good broker or insurance company to go with. If it helps she has had full G since 95, 1 accident in 96 where she got demerit points ( not sure how many), drives a 2004 volvo v70 wagon.

Any thoughts will be appreciated
South is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 04:13 PM   #2
poolays
2nd Gear Member

try belairdirect insurance
poolays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 08:38 PM   #3
LOWvert
former Honda man...

The cheapest rate I could find anywhere was through Desjardin General Insurance
www.dgidirect.com

I'm 28 with two tickets and my premium is around $1900/year full coverage for a 01 e46 cabriolet... My sister is 25 with 4 demerit points and one claim and her premium is $3000/year (more than a $1000 less than other companies)

Alot of insurance companies will want to have a car older than 15 years old inspected so keep that in mind as well when searching for companies.
LOWvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 07:18 PM   #4
South
3rd Gear Member

I checked out Belair direct and got some quotes. Well first off they don't insure cars that are older than '93 so my dreams of an e30 are dwindling. I did ask how much to insure a 1995 325i 4 door and since I am going to be studying in Waterloo I got two quotes. For Etobicoke its 4004 a year/343 a month (yeah right) and in Waterloo its 2600 a year/225 a month. I would be happy with 225 a month, if only for a e30!!.

Also I am told that insuring through my moms and being listed as second driver only works if I live in Etobicoke, so it would be cheaper for me have the car in my name and my own insurance...

That being said dgidirect does insure older cars and for a 87 325i in Toronto its 4087 and in Waterloo it would be 3353/ 283 a month. Anyone know any companies that can do better?
Old 07-23-2011, 09:32 AM   #5
crxgsr
BMW

have you tried http://www.kanetix.ca/ ?
crxgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 02:24 PM   #6
South
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crxgsr View Post
have you tried http://www.kanetix.ca/ ?
yeah first place in google haha, but kanetix suck. I can't get online quotes for car older than '95 and when I put in 4dr 328i 96' with the waterloo address i got 2 quotes. One from dgidirect which I got already, this time however it's 4047/337 a month, about 110 more. The other one I got was CAA for 9000/ 757 a month....

Kanetix sucks

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: