Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > BMW News
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 09-19-2011, 06:00 PM   #16
Blackedout95
5th Gear Member

By the time my children drive there wil be an M14.

Its hard to believe the world is in financial crisis when shit like this goes on. Who says I need an M2 or I am not buying bmw or I need a fwd or eco turbo etc. Stupid, take your pic small med or large all luxurious, fast or very fast, that should be enough.
Old 09-19-2011, 06:41 PM   #17
SamE30e
6th Gear Member

It's not a "Tri-turbo".. It's 2 twin scroll turbos and the already used CCM system in the X6M, but not in the 7 series.

There will be a M for every line in the near future. 1, 2 ,3, 4, 5, 6 and 7... Yes I said 2 and 4.
02 325i Sedan
SamE30e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 07:06 PM   #18
jello_g
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamE30e View Post
...There will be a M for every line in the near future. 1, 2 ,3, 4, 5, 6 and 7... Yes I said 2 and 4.
At the rate they're going, they'll run out of single digits in the not too distant future. I'll hold out for an "M-zero."

Gerald Lau's Facebook profile
jello_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 09:41 PM   #19
SamE30e
6th Gear Member

Next year will be big for BMW's line up.
02 325i Sedan
Old 09-19-2011, 11:35 PM   #20
MrRWD
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystikal View Post
I'm an enthusiast who has a serious fetish for the rare...but that has little to do with being a driver's car. The Miata is still holding the Guinness record for 2 seater convertible sales, but it's arguably one of the top-5 driver's cars ever made. Exclusivity has nothing to do with driving pleasure.

I also love the E46 M3 and Integra Type-R. BMW sold over 43,000 E46 M3s in North America. Acura only sold 3800 Type-Rs. Where is the exclusivity logic here? By your previous statements, the M3 should be devalued.

The DC2 Type-R and EK9 Type-R were awfully similar, weren't they? I'd bet the demographics of 1M buyers shows an average age difference of 10+ years over the M3.

You're missing the point. The number of cars produced is a factor, but more importantly, the number of BMW cars (models) wearing the “M” logo is what matters. The E46 M3, is nothing special really. It could have been a 332i for all we care.

However, I am thankful they built the E46 M3, because it’s a great car. Having owned a 911 4S briefly, I’d take E46 M3, as it’s the lesser evil in terms of reliability. The E46 M3 is a great car!

So, it’s not the number of cars produce, but the number of different models that will wear the “M” logo. Overall volume does have a factor.

It’s like Volkswagen’s “GTI”, or Chevy’s “SS”…. Who really cares.
MrRWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 11:59 AM   #21
careless7
Drivin' new whips weekly

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRWD View Post
^ I don't agree though.

The Volume of "M's" being put out, will make them not that special. Thus, devalue that brand.

Having "M"'s for all sorts of models, especially the 1 Series is a mistake. Time will tell on resale value.
The brand was already devalued with M Sport Package if you ask me. Offering part of the experience for buyers that are too cheap or broke-ass to buy the real deal. Nothing better than ///M badges from pac-mall.

And the 1M earns its badge with unreal performance and a lot of M firsts. I'm currently driving a 1M and it is fantastic, so with the performance and with limited numbers for only one model year, it will have its rightful place in history.
careless7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:12 PM   #22
njordao
Insurance Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by careless7 View Post
The brand was already devalued with M Sport Package if you ask me. Offering part of the experience for buyers that are too cheap or broke-ass to buy the real deal. Nothing better than ///M badges from pac-mall.

And the 1M earns its badge with unreal performance and a lot of M firsts. I'm currently driving a 1M and it is fantastic, so with the performance and with limited numbers for only one model year, it will have its rightful place in history.
LOL How can you go off blasting those who can't afford the 'real deal', when you yourself have gone for a 1M instead of the actual M3. The 1M is like cheaping out as well because it's just a little cheaper brother to the actual machine that we know today as the M3. You might as well of bought the 335is and throw an M badge on it, better performance, better car, but deeper in the wallet.

I agree that M will be devalued if they go overboard and M every damn series available. Those who can't afford an M will simply drive the lower model and be happy with it. We're all Bimmer loves, don't hate on those less fortunate.
njordao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 07:44 PM   #23
careless7
Drivin' new whips weekly

Quote:
Originally Posted by njordao View Post
LOL How can you go off blasting those who can't afford the 'real deal', when you yourself have gone for a 1M instead of the actual M3. The 1M is like cheaping out as well because it's just a little cheaper brother to the actual machine that we know today as the M3. You might as well of bought the 335is and throw an M badge on it, better performance, better car, but deeper in the wallet.

I agree that M will be devalued if they go overboard and M every damn series available. Those who can't afford an M will simply drive the lower model and be happy with it. We're all Bimmer loves, don't hate on those less fortunate.
I drive different cars nearly every week but nice try buddy. And how can you fault a car that handles better, weighs less, with more torque for nearly $20K less. Yep total poser car yet its faster around the ring than the E46 M3 and the E60 M5 for much less.

Sorry to everyone who bought the "sold out" 1M because you can't afford the M3 haha LOL.
careless7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 08:11 PM   #24
SamE30e
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by njordao View Post

The 335is is not comparable to any M car...
02 325i Sedan
Old 09-22-2011, 08:28 PM   #25
Steve30
Techno Viking

Came across this in m3forums. Just thought I'd share it

http://cparente.wordpress.com/2011/0...mw-m-registry/

E36 ///M3 S54
E30 325 Project
Steve30 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: