Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Specific Regional Topics > Ontario
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-07-2011, 02:21 PM   #1
cscs
2nd Gear Member

CSCS Round #2 - July 17th! - Time Attack, Drift & Show

Come out to see what the hype is all about - don't miss CSCS Round #2!

Sunday July 17, 2011
11:00 am 7:00 pm
Mosport DDT, Bowmanville

Spectators
$20 (Includes Free Parking & Pit Access)
Children 12 and under are Free

Open Lapping
$120 Pre-Registered
$140 at the track if spots are available
(Park Admission Additional)

Time Attack (Includes Open Lapping)
$130 Pre-Registered

Show & Shine
$10 Pre-Registered
$20 at the track

Drifting
$70 Pre-Registered (Park Admission Additional)

For more info visit www.cscs.ca or facebook.com/CSCSracing

If you have any questions or concerns, post them here or email info@cscs.ca, I will follow up on a regular basis!

Who's in?
1. KrazyKoncepts
cscs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 02:38 PM   #2
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

Is there going to be another car flip?
Old 07-07-2011, 02:39 PM   #3
cscs
2nd Gear Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQnUn...layer_embedded
Old 07-07-2011, 02:41 PM   #4
cscs
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Dot_E30 View Post
Is there going to be another car flip?
I sure hope not. Accidents can always happen but it was our first major accident in the 40+ events we have run.
Old 07-07-2011, 03:48 PM   #5
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator

What's with the haphazard time attack classing? You ban all BMW M cars, the Cobalt SS, all Mazdaspeed cars (I don't think a 170hp Miata let alone a 263hp FWD hatchback are that threatening...), Evo/STi...yet there's no restriction on non-Z06 Corvettes? A stock base C6 will completely demolish all of the cars above; that's just one example of a car allowed that would 100% murder every M car ever built. Plus engine mods aren't restricted, so why ban stock cars with likely less power than the other entrants within the class?

@stancejay
Mystikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 04:02 PM   #6
cscs
2nd Gear Member

Hey Mystical, when you say "ban" the cars I assume you mean move them from the street class to super street. A factory tuned car (STi, Evo, Mazdaspeed, M, etc.) are all bumped to the super street class. As for a stock base c6, since it is not a factory tuned car (or exotic) it would be in street, we normally dont have vettes although we did have one at the last event. He came in 5th place in the street class and was 5 seconds off pace.
Old 07-07-2011, 04:34 PM   #7
Mystikal

Interesting. What about all of the cars not listed? I get it, it's not exactly nationals here but it's a little ridiculous that an IS-F, Genesis 3.8 R-Tune, Nismo Edition Z, WRX TR, etc etc etc are all allowed but a 192hp E30 M3 is restricted.

In the end I want to enter my car. However, without buying Hoosiers and reducing weight I'll never be competitive in the class I'm tossed into. It goes the same for most enthusiasts here, we drive M cars and get penalized beyond a logical (read: exclusion based on time competitiveness) explanation.

@stancejay
Old 07-07-2011, 04:47 PM   #8
cscs
2nd Gear Member

We couldnt list all the cars that are around. But you are correct if someone came with a IS-F or other factory tuned car they would be bumped into super street.

I know our rulebook is not perfect and we are always making adjustments but to be honest saying M cars are "penalized" isnt exactly correct. Check our season opener results 1st and 2nd place were by M cars in the super street class and 3rd place was over 3 seconds back. If anything it just proves how well M cars are for the track!
Old 07-07-2011, 05:09 PM   #9
Mystikal

I have to disagree. The only reason the M3s placed where they did was due to a lack of competition, even the street class FWD and RWD winners were quicker.

Factory tuning shouldn't be your yardstick if modding restrictions are almost limitless right from the bottom classes. That's what I want to get across.

@stancejay
Old 07-08-2011, 10:07 AM   #10
cscs
2nd Gear Member

Mystical I agree, to be honest when we started organizing time attack events factory tuned cars were in the street class. The problem was they were dominating the street class and the super street classes were not that full. By bumping the factory tuned cars to super street we found it evened out the amount of competitors in both fields a bit, the winners that were dominating the street class still won the super street class they just had some competition now. If our street class drivers were building the cars around the rulebook they could be a lot quicker. However as soon as most people start building a car they step up to a tire with a tread wear rating below 140 which automatically bumps them into super street.

Have you competed before at CSCS? If so what times/class were you in?
Old 07-08-2011, 12:53 PM   #11
Mystikal

Makes sense, I see how you ended up with the class structure like that. You're totally right, if someone actually legit built a car to these rules they would clean up by a large margin even on these small tracks.

I've never competed in your events. Looking forward to spectating at this one.

@stancejay
Old 07-09-2011, 12:58 AM   #12
Banned

I'll be there
new member is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 12:05 PM   #13
cscs
2nd Gear Member

Events this Sunday! Going to be a beautiful day
Old 07-18-2011, 12:37 PM   #14
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

Can we talk about the car that got held up by the slower car that was let out of the gate and then got black flagged for trying to pass?

I think there should be a rule that if this happens that car gets to run as the first car during the next session. (That's how its done in other timed events)
Old 07-18-2011, 12:45 PM   #15
Mystikal

Ended up signing up an a whim...first time on DDT clockwise and using greasy 300 treadwear tires because a tire shipment ran late. I had just 1 timed lap due to horrible group sorting (why was the slowest of the day Volvo wagon sent out with the class-leading BMW?) but it was enough for 1st place.

Fun day despite numerous organizational glitches, overall one of the best sport compact events I've been to. Won't be back until you guys return to DDT though, TMP is boring.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 07172011541.jpg (91.3 KB, 82 views)

@stancejay

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: