Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 06-29-2011, 11:48 AM   #1
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?

VA pays $925,000 in Bridgeport exploding eyeball suit

Quote:
VA pays $925,000 in Bridgeport exploding eyeball suit

BRIDGEPORT -- The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs agreed Monday to pay $925,000 to a man whose eyeball exploded during a routine outpatient cataract operation at the West Haven Veterans Affairs hospital.

The settlement, on behalf of 60-year-old Jose Goncalves, of Hartford, was reached as the case was being prepared for trial in U.S. District Court here.

"Jose suffered excruciating pain after that botched surgery and continued to have severe pain for months afterward," said Christopher Bernard, Goncalves' lawyer. "The damage to the eye is obvious because his iris is missing and his eyelid droops. If anything should ever happen to the undamaged left eye, he could face total blindness."

Veterans Affairs did not immediately return calls for comment.

According to the lawsuit, Goncalves was blinded in his right eye when a third-year resident at the VA hospital incorrectly administered an anesthetic during the Nov. 1, 2007, procedure.

Bernard said Dr. Yue Michelle Wang, the resident, incorrectly placed a needle with a local anesthetic "directly into Jose's eye instead of behind the eye as was proper. Then, failing to recognize her error, she proceeded to inject so much anesthetic, so quickly, that Jose's eye literally exploded."

Goncalves, who had worked as a roofer prior to the injury, now suffers from a significant lack of depth perception, making him completely unable to resume his previous occupation, Bernard said.

He now works in the maintenance department at Central Connecticut State University.

Read more: http://www.ctpost.com/local/article/...#ixzz1QgCvpSo6
trust Dr's they know what they're doing!

Old 06-29-2011, 01:47 PM   #2
sirex
King Sirex

wow what a fail doctor.

you dont need to be a genius to become a doc anywhere. Just the dicipline to sit down and study for hours and memorize shit... But, let it be known that just because you do all that, it doesn't mean you will ever get your lisence to practice, nor will you pass your boards. That shit is hard.
Old 06-29-2011, 05:24 PM   #3
dbworld4k
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex View Post
wow what a fail doctor.
you dont need to be a genius to become a doc anywhere. Just the dicipline to sit down and study for hours and memorize shit
*this is an oxymoron right here. Lmao.
Quote:
... But, let it be known that just because you do all that, it doesn't mean you will ever get your lisence to practice, nor will you pass your boards. That shit is hard.
So let me get this straight, you don't need to be a genius, but to memorize and *understand* textbooks upon textbooks of material on the workings of the human body is an easy feat?

Second, you said after having mastered that mountain of material you won't pass your boards/obtain licensure. That makes no damn sense. The whole point of the game is to master the material, which in itself IS the difficult part. Once accomplished, passing the boards - which test exactly your understanding of the material which you just mastered - isn't that difficult.

Then again you're probably a pro at what it takes to become a licensed medical doctor. /sarcasm

Cheers!

'02 ///M5 Imola Red / Imola Red '09 335i Alpine White / Coral Red

Past:
'04 E55 AMG Brilliant Silver / Anthracite
'96 318i Alpine White / Black
'01 330Ci Titanium Silver / Coral Red
'96 328i Jet Black / Black
dbworld4k is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 10:24 PM   #4
sirex
King Sirex

Hi Mr. Smartie Pants,

There are alot of people that get to medical school and yet can't pass the boards after they've graduated all that fun stuff in the States. I don't know why they can't pass the boards, but they can't... Or, they've written it like 3 ****ing times and still haven't passed it.

Maybe it is an Oxi-moron, but I guess the oxi-moron is the student themselves who can't do it.

Oh, P.S. just because you can memorize shit from text books doesn't make you a genius and doesn't mean you understand how too apply that knowledge. Most people, with patience, can learn to regurgitate information..... Low and behold they can't even apply that information properly.

LOL Im a pro at becoming a medical doc? What a joke , where did I come in here and talk as if I am a pro at becoming a doc? I like your over-all pro attack on me.. Quite pro.

Last edited by sirex; 06-29-2011 at 10:48 PM.
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 02:57 PM   #5
DIRTY30
1st Gear Newbie

Shit i burned my popcorn anyone have anymore because this looks like it's going to get interesting
DIRTY30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 03:13 PM   #6
MiroE36
6th Gear Member

lol

MiroE36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 03:31 PM   #7
sirex
King Sirex

pro pop corn making, PRO. But honestly, never thought someone would get so pissed off at me for saying that its a fail doctor, and not all doctors are geniuses (more or less).

Last edited by sirex; 06-30-2011 at 03:56 PM.
Old 06-30-2011, 07:30 PM   #8
dbworld4k
Addict

Quote:
Hi Mr. Smartie Pants,

There are alot of people that get to medical school and yet can't pass the boards after they've graduated all that fun stuff in the States. I don't know why they can't pass the boards, but they can't... Or, they've written it like 3 ****ing times and still haven't passed it.

Maybe it is an Oxi-moron, but I guess the oxi-moron is the student themselves who can't do it.

Oh, P.S. just because you can memorize shit from text books doesn't make you a genius and doesn't mean you understand how too apply that knowledge. Most people, with patience, can learn to regurgitate information..... Low and behold they can't even apply that information properly.

LOL Im a pro at becoming a medical doc? What a joke , where did I come in here and talk as if I am a pro at becoming a doc? I like your over-all pro attack on me.. Quite pro.
Hi Mr. Stupid pants.

You're an even bigger tool than I imagined all these years. Did you even read what I said? Probably. Did you comprehend it? Shit no.

1) I said in my post that the KEY is to *understand* the material, not just memorize and regurgitate.

2) I never said you're a pro at becoming a medical doc. Clearly your a braindead twat. Go back and read + comprehend it again.

FYI I'm not pissed at you at all. I just love calling out random, dumbass posts indicative of frail, feeble cognizance.

Past:
Old 06-30-2011, 11:07 PM   #9
sirex
King Sirex

Quote:
this is an oxymoron right here. Lmao.
In reference to “you dont need to be a genius to become a doc anywhere. Just the dicipline to sit down and study for hours and memorize shit.” He believes in his opinion that what I have said is contradictory, or an oxymoron.

I disagree with his opinion as there is a distinguished difference between a genius and someone who has the discipline to sit down and just memorize stuff and then regurgitate it.

Quote:
So let me get this straight, you don't need to be a genius, but to memorize and *understand* textbooks upon textbooks of material on the workings of the human body is an easy feat?
That is correct, you do not need to be a genius to be a doctor. Memorize text books and material is not an easy feat. Understanding and memorizing are not the same thing. Memorizing and LEARNING are not the same thing.

Lets look a little closer here, I like how you throw the word “Understand” which is a term I never used. In my entire argument I said memorize mounts of stuff, not UNDERSTAND. You said understand.

Quote:
Second, you said after having mastered that mountain of material you won't pass your boards/obtain licensure. That makes no damn sense.
Nope. I never said that said person HAS MASTERED the material. You don’t need MASTERY to pass medical school. Infact you don’t need mastery to pass your boards. However, what does make sense is that you can FAIL you boards even if you pass medical school. This is a fact. I know this for a fact as I have worked for 3 months recruiting American doctors and I spoke to a few that have no yet passed their boards and have written them several times.
Quote:
The whole point of the game is to master the material, which in itself IS the difficult part. Once accomplished, passing the boards - which test exactly your understanding of the material which you just mastered - isn't that difficult.
Maybe for some, but not for all. The smart doctors know their shit.. There are a lot of C- doctors out there if you believe it or not. Oh trust me, I know, I’ve worked with them and they aren’t that smart, not all of them.
Quote:
Then again you're probably a pro at what it takes to become a licensed medical doctor. /sarcasm
This sarcastic comment is told in such a way to poke fun at what I said, meaning that you seem to think that I came into this thread in such a way to show off that I know how to become a medical doctor. Contrary to that however that is not the case. I never once tried to make the impression that I know much about becoming a medical doctor. I do know a little bit more than the average however. Thus is your sarcasm.
In reference in my next post I say:” LOL Im a pro at becoming a medical doc? What a joke , where did I come in here and talk as if I am a pro at becoming a doc? I like your over-all pro attack on me.. Quite pro.”
I say this to clarify my position that I never tried to come in here from a stance of knowing a whole lot about becoming a medical doctor and that my initial post was not meant to be taken so literally..

Quote:
Hi Mr. Stupid pants.
For someone that tries to pass themselves off in this thread as an intelligent person, you’re really not doing a great job by copying me for the most part. Real original.

Quote:
You're an even bigger tool than I imagined all these years. Did you even read what I said? Probably. Did you comprehend it? Shit no.
I don’t even think you know what you said, youre too busy patting your self on the back thinking your smart and all, but I don’t think you know the meaning of your own words.

Quote:
1) I said in my post that the KEY is to *understand* the material, not just memorize and regurgitate.
That’s cool that that is what you said, but it’s never what I said. In your post you attack me for what I said and your grammar and sentence structure is written in such a way that you seem to be talking about what I said, especially with the “let me get this straight” and the “you said” parts, which refer to what I have said…

Quote:
2) I never said you're a pro at becoming a medical doc. Clearly your a braindead twat. Go back and read + comprehend it again.
Clearly you are disillusioned and don’t even know what the words in your own posts mean. Quite sad that you have to use vile words to insult me, and yet you still miss the mark. Quite hilarious if you ask me.

Quote:
FYI I'm not pissed at you at all. I just love calling out random, dumbass posts indicative of frail, feeble cognizance
Lol, speak for your self sugar plum. You barely under-stood the meaning of your own words.
Im not sure if youre the actual one of the doctors on these boards. I know there is 1 on here, I cant remember who. Personally, I doubt its you because you don’t have the writing ability and comprehension to become a doctor I don’t think. But I could be wrong, so if you are a doc, please let us know. Then you would be proving me right, that there are a lot of C- doctors out there
Good luck.

PS, please use more vulgar words in your posts that are directed at me. I really enjoy it. It really shows us what a great, intelligent person you are. It's really indicative of smart, intelligent, and great people. You are probably one of the best people on these forums, spewing your intelligence all over the place. You're so smart and brilliant, the words that come from your typing are so meaningful and full of knowledge.

We all eagerly await youre next post filled with more vulgar words directed at me about how I am so frail and feeble and dumb. Clearly your experiences and knowledge are worth more then everyone else's here. Clearly everything that I have said is wrong, stupid and delusional. Please, rescue us, please set us straight with your words of wisdom oh, kind great sir.

Thanks for viewing these words, to have eyes of such importance fall on these words just makes my heart skip a beat. You are all that is man, a beacon of hope for all of us here with your kind, intelligent words. Your greatness!

Please, Please, Please, I beg you, set us straight with you words of infinite wisdom. It would be my honor to hear about how all doctors must be geniuses becuase you told us they are! No sir-e, every doctor out there is the upper echelon of greatness and genius.

Last edited by sirex; 06-30-2011 at 11:19 PM.
Old 06-30-2011, 11:41 PM   #10
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?

-

Old 07-01-2011, 08:51 AM   #11
dbworld4k
Addict

Past:
Old 07-01-2011, 10:09 AM   #12
sirex
King Sirex

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmdbley'sBro View Post
-

Ya, the US system is pretty werid. Hard to believe really considering its suppose to be such a great country.

dbworld4k, naw, you did read it, and I know you did. You're just a troll that for some reason is having a bad day or w/e and felt like spewing some verbal diarhea on a post that really wasn't meant to be taken so literally. But cool story bro, thanks for coming out and sharing your vile hate with the rest of us. Oh I know I've trolled others in the past, however usualy I've used sane arguments, or play devils advocate.. Youre just a lost unit, with no idea what you're talking about.
Old 07-01-2011, 03:11 PM   #13
dbworld4k
Addict

Nope, didn't read it. I'm not taking the time to sit and read that massive post.

But good try with your telepathic abilities, oh enlightened one

Past:
Old 07-01-2011, 07:17 PM   #14
sirex
King Sirex

LOL ok hot shot, what ever you say sugar plum.

If you didn't want to read what I said, you wouldn't read any of my posts. The fact that you JUST responded to my last post proves you're reading what I'm writing. The fact that you would RESPOND to tell me that YOURE NOT reading them is just hilarious. WELCOME TO BAIT.. I suggest you go to your USER CP and block posts by me.

keep proving me right. I think you now take the thrown of Europrince on these forums.

CONGRATS!

Last edited by sirex; 07-01-2011 at 07:21 PM.
Old 07-02-2011, 08:00 PM   #15
dbworld4k
Addict

You're my new favorite poster on this forum. I won't be blocking you; your attempts are far too entertaining.

LMFAO @ you "knowing" I read your essay. Jesus Christ, you're a total nutcase. I love your faith in your mind reading powers.

Past:

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: