Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name

Welcome to!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 06-23-2011, 05:15 PM   #1
14 Years with the E30
Stupid Kia Soul Commercial

To sum it up:

[the scene: fancy golf course, full of rich old guys.]

Up drives the Kia soul. Into the parking lot full of classic and not so classic performance and luxury cars. All the old guys look up to make sure this crap box on wheels doesn't hit one of their cars. (maybe it's just really noticeable because it's so ugly?)

The Kia pulls up at the roundabout and parks like it owns the place, and out gets this semi hot Asian chick (who is this person anyways?) At least the old guys are now looking at something they want.

Girl proceeds to whack the ball really far, way far.... but... [scene cuts away before the ball goes into the lake].

To summarize the sum up:

Girl who has bad taste in cars, manages to not scratch any of the valuable cars while parking at the golf club like she owns the place, she then proceeds to make old horny men look at her while she drives a ball into a lake. (we don't see where it actually goes, I'm guessing here).

The point? Who knows.

Performance one step at a time.

Last edited by InfiniteDice; 06-23-2011 at 05:27 PM.
InfiniteDice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 05:32 PM   #2
Classifieds Moderator
lol She is in the LPGA, it's about being 'HIP' or watever they are marketing it as, has nothing to do with the other cars.
T.Dot_E30 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 05:34 PM   #3
Her name is Michelle Wie. She is now I believe one of their spokesperson.

She is a Pro Golfer...IMO, smart idea to show national pride in their advertising campaigns to appeal to a younger generation...and from what I know, good results probably better than using Kobe Bryant or something (for their line of cars I don't think he'd even sign though)

Damn Trevor your quick lol

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 05:39 PM   #4
Driving in the fast lane
That is her. I can't figure out what is being sung; only bits and pieces. Jim Furyk sponsored Hyundai and shows him driving through his home state of Hawaii.

'04 645cic
'05 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 CCSB 4x4
'00 740i Sport
slemmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 05:48 PM   #5
2nd Gear Member
really good ad campaign actually. appeals to the target market, doesn't hurt with michelle wie as a spokesperson either---brings something different to the table. kia & hyundai have been doing a good marketing effort lately.

it's not a commercial to state that the soul is competing with the luxury cars, those cars are there to set the scene for the types of folks and atmosphere at the golf course.
JayR_84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 06:25 PM   #6
is BMW crazy
Target market? For what? Ugly Korean crap cars?
www.enthusiastauto.caNeed a car???

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:.Individual- Modded
Hers--'07 BMW M5/6.:Indianapolis Red/Black:.
'91 BMW 850i J Spec Modded
'88 BMW 635CSi Lowered
'81 MB 500 SEC Koenig WILD RIDE
bmwm5lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 08:10 PM   #7
3rd Gear Member
Shes from Hawaii? Damn, she looked very chinese to me

I'd still 2 times that though
mclovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 09:37 PM   #8
Trinational 951
smokin hot
You drive to work? I work to drive.
DAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 10:51 PM   #9
6th Gear Member
She's Korean, and u gotta give a credit where it's due. Korean cars came long way. I wouldn't just jump on to conclusion by calling ugly crap cars Terry. I've driven equess and wow..
mpower1226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 12:09 AM   #10
im korean and im not gunna lie korean cars maybe 10 years ago .. was piece of crap lol...
but they are now slowly gaining their quality over the years.

yes they still have crappy cars like elantra and what not for their entry level cheap cars but the new genesis , sonata and their mid size suv ( santafe ) are pretty well built.

i just hope they make better looking cars tho, still kinda look awkward korean styling.
noodles101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 11:42 AM   #11
6th Gear Member
wie is smoking hot. i love the commercial, cause of her.
i gotta admit the truth, it turned me on.
2slow2race is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 11:54 AM   #12
6th Gear Member
i think that its a nice looking car......i know its a matter of taste but have you checked its competitors??? 90% of them are between plain ugly and Daaaayyyyym ugly!
I ve seen one in black on the street and it looks pretty nice for what it is.
I would probably go for a Skoda Yeti (not sure if its available in Canada but damn nice little car) if i was in the market for a small car but non the less i like the Kia Soul.

"Lo there do I see my father.
Lo there do I see my mother.
Lo there do I see my brothers and my sisters.
Lo there do I see the line of my people back to the beginning.
Lo they do call to me
they bid me take my place among them in the Halls of Valhalla,
where the brave may live forever"
magnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 12:35 PM   #13
Taiwan Panda Racing Unit.
Send a message via ICQ to TheMadChigga Send a message via AIM to TheMadChigga Send a message via MSN to TheMadChigga
I think Toyota should do the same, stop advertising on the Scion TC, use that money and slash the price, I remember last year when they just came out, me and misschigga went to DownValley to test drive one and price one out, it was a nice decent little coupe, but for almost $28k out the door? and the sales guy was insisting it sells like hot cake and he can't get any more for another 2 months and said all the ones sitting outside are sold.

7 months later, they are still sitting outside while the Kia Forte Koupes are running all over the places, not that misschigga will ever drive a Korean car for some strange reason, while I keep saying a Rio sedan will look good slammed on the ground with 15" Schmidt TH, I even like KIA Borrego.
TheMadChigga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 01:34 PM   #14
It's an amazing ad campaign; the commercial stuck in your head long enough to make a ranting thread about it on a forum that has almost nothing to do with the content.

If the goal was to insert the product into the heads of the uninterested, they deserve a raise. You're playing into their hands nicely.

Mystikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 02:51 PM   #15
It's funny that Kia is more expensive than 80% of cars on that parking lot.
SickFinga is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: