Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > For Sale > Drivetrain, Engines & Transmissions
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-20-2012, 02:55 AM   #1
caperE30
1st Gear Newbie

LF: Complete M42

Hey guys, I'm new to these forums but hoping to be a regular here eventually. I'm in need of an M42 for my 91 318is. The Maritimes is NOT the easiest area to find parts for an E30. Spent almost a year trying desperately to track down a suitable replacement engine that was afforable and the closest I've come has been a 300,000km motor with questionable history

Anyone able to help? I'm dying to get this car on the road. Thanks guys
caperE30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 11:28 AM   #2
msinger
3rd Gear Member

im pulling an m42 this weekend and swapping in my M30. it has 110,000 miles (not KM) one owner (before me) and all regular maintenance done. The car was babied so much that it even has the original clutch. Not sure how I would get it to you thou......
msinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 03:10 PM   #3
caperE30
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by msinger View Post
im pulling an m42 this weekend and swapping in my M30. it has 110,000 miles (not KM) one owner (before me) and all regular maintenance done. The car was babied so much that it even has the original clutch. Not sure how I would get it to you thou......

Well, I have spoken to some people in Ont off and on from ads I've seen on kijiji, but noone was willing to ship and I wasn't able to find any companies that would courier or truck it this far east fron Ont,

What would you be looking to get for the M42?
caperE30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 02:27 PM   #4
msinger
3rd Gear Member

Hadn't really thought about it with the excitement of the m30 going in...... The shipping will be your main problem..... I'll do some research into a price.
msinger is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: