Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Detailing & Care
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 06-01-2011, 09:21 AM   #1
limenuke
2nd Gear Member

Hard Waxes (ie Turtle's Super Hard Shell)

I was waxing my civic yesterday night (BMWs in the shop) and I had never used turtle wax's super hard shell wax before. I was in the shade in the evening and I started going at it. The application was just fine. I went over 3 or 4 panels, starting from the driver side door.

However, when I finished the 3 or 4 panels and went to check on the first panel, I realized the wax had become _rock_solid_. It was ridiculously tough to wipe off and after spending about 6-7 minutes of solid buffing 100% strength,I finally got most of it off. I ended up using some of the soap solution, that I had used to wash the car, to soften the wax so that I could take it off.

Do one or two panels at a time people and make sure to wipe it off as soon as it hardens!
limenuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 10:43 AM   #2
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
You should only ever do 1-2 panels and then wipe it off. Go to a harley dealership, and get yourself some P21S. Last time i bought some it was under 25$

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
hid headlights hid kit
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 01:06 PM   #3
InfiniteDice
14 Years with the E30

It doesn't need to harden, just before it hardens is my suggestion. If the car is out of the sun and it was in the sun beforehand the surface may still be hot this will bake it on there.

I've always used Zymol. I love that stuff. I get the $20 bottle, but if you like good stuff check this out:

http://www.eshine.ca/zymol_vintage_glaze_22oz-2320.php

Performance one step at a time.

Last edited by InfiniteDice; 06-01-2011 at 01:15 PM.
InfiniteDice is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: