Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-18-2011, 04:17 PM   #16
sirex
King Sirex
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 9,846


man props to people doing those jumps.. I ride by there all the time and just too scared to even attempt a jump - granted im not on the proper gear either.. But the jumps look pretty daunting.

Guess Im glad, Id probably end up dieing and then my soul would be traped by the indian souls that were also burried there.
__________________
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 06:08 PM   #17
PinkieMoscow
Jumped up G'd up.
 
PinkieMoscow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Thornhill, ON
Posts: 1,659
Can't believe they're doing this at the highpark jumps. I hardly doubt that is an ancient Indian burial ground. Guaranteed I have more hours clock digging in that soil then any archaeologist appointed by the municipality to help prove this bogus. My concern is for the bmx'ers. There are so few places to bmx now (not considering skateparks). Toronto parks and recreation FTL.
__________________
mintdetailing.ca
PinkieMoscow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 09:52 PM   #18
fitter527
hates chrome
 
fitter527's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: london ontario
Posts: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by 325isdan View Post
You need a history lesson.
nah,i really don't.
The government of Canada is guilty of genocide against first nations people. We owe them more then any of us will ever know.
nah,we really don't.
fitter527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 11:07 PM   #19
sirex
King Sirex
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 9,846
I dont think you guys need to hate on the Indians that much.
__________________
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 11:31 PM   #20
noodles101
ΛΦΕ
 
noodles101's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Etobicoke / Waterloo
Posts: 1,483
wow...this is crazy . few years ago when i was in high school me and my buddies used to hit those dirt jumps everyyy single day lol....
__________________
noodles101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 12:23 AM   #21
BMXWill
2nd Gear Member
 
BMXWill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Burlington
Posts: 264
RIP High Park Trails.. Having your trails plowed is inevitable when you don't own the property you're digging on. I've been in this position about 10 times before. Ontario hasn't yet realized that places like this are great for the community, it's sad really.

Everyone that rides BMX is aware of the risk involved and also accepts the consequences. It's unfortunate when a kid gets hurt and the parents don't respect the sport that he's into and look for a law suit. There are so many cases of guys crawling out of the trails to prevent an ambulance from having to come and risk having the jumps plowed. Definitely not something most people will understand and I don't expect them to. People spend years building these places with nothing but a shovel so it's always a shame when they get torn down.

Most people will say that BMXers should get permission or build on their own property but 99% of the time it's started by 10 year old kids in the closest forest to their house with out a care in the world and naive to some realities. Innocent fun!
__________________
BMXWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 12:50 AM   #22
DTM
2nd Gear Member
 
DTM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Etobicoke
Posts: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMXWill View Post
RIP High Park Trails.. Having your trails plowed is inevitable when you don't own the property you're digging on. I've been in this position about 10 times before. Ontario hasn't yet realized that places like this are great for the community, it's sad really.

Everyone that rides BMX is aware of the risk involved and also accepts the consequences. It's unfortunate when a kid gets hurt and the parents don't respect the sport that he's into and look for a law suit. There are so many cases of guys crawling out of the trails to prevent an ambulance from having to come and risk having the jumps plowed. Definitely not something most people will understand and I don't expect them to. People spend years building these places with nothing but a shovel so it's always a shame when they get torn down.

Most people will say that BMXers should get permission or build on their own property but 99% of the time it's started by 10 year old kids in the closest forest to their house with out a care in the world and naive to some realities. Innocent fun!
Yes, yes, yes. I remember when I broke my collarbone (in half) I had to walk myself out of the jumps (not high park but I did ride there also) with my bike and pack (I left my shovel) and wait for my parents to come pick me up and drive me to the hospital.
But it's true, the kids are the only ones that are going to suffer, and for what? ...Because some people may or may not have been buried there a century or so ago. They care more about someone who's been gone for that long more than people that are alive today...doesn't seem right to me.
DTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 12:56 AM   #23
noodles101
ΛΦΕ
 
noodles101's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Etobicoke / Waterloo
Posts: 1,483
ya man idunno who built it but the high park jumps are awsome..as far as i remmber. lol ..

building a 5 foot jump + 5 feet gap. takes about 2 or 3 days of shoveling / hauling big gallons of water each time to make the dirt harden. LOLL been there done that yo !
__________________
noodles101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 12:50 PM   #24
propr'one
op sucks cock
 
propr'one's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: T.
Posts: 17,778
Send a message via MSN to propr'one
I'm gonna miss HP. You guys think you had it rough, i could ride my bike to the jumps in 10 minutes from my parents house.
__________________
I run a canadian HID kit company, if you have any questions about hid kits in canada or would like to check out our products please contact me here: http://absolutehid.ca

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
Fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 01:46 PM   #25
StikiGreenZ
6th Gear Member
 
StikiGreenZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Milton, ON
Posts: 1,602
Send a message via MSN to StikiGreenZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTM View Post
Yes, yes, yes. I remember when I broke my collarbone (in half) I had to walk myself out of the jumps (not high park but I did ride there also) with my bike and pack (I left my shovel) and wait for my parents to come pick me up and drive me to the hospital.
But it's true, the kids are the only ones that are going to suffer, and for what? ...Because some people may or may not have been buried there a century or so ago. They care more about someone who's been gone for that long more than people that are alive today...doesn't seem right to me.
You might feel differently if that were your father or grand father buried there. They have a legitimate claim on the land. You don't see anyone riding BMX's bouncing off tombstones right?
__________________
-

BMW 645i - Black on Red
Range Rover Sport - Black on Black
StikiGreenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 01:53 PM   #26
BMW BMXer
Wants a 350 Blazer.
 
BMW BMXer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 7,761
Send a message via ICQ to BMW BMXer Send a message via AIM to BMW BMXer Send a message via MSN to BMW BMXer Send a message via Yahoo to BMW BMXer
Have the actually proven the land to be burial ground yet?

I didn't read all of the article
__________________

Stanceiseverything.com
BMW BMXer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 02:25 PM   #27
noodles101
ΛΦΕ
 
noodles101's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Etobicoke / Waterloo
Posts: 1,483
no they said the city of toronto workers digged 40 different places to see if it was actually a burial ground and they havent found anything.

40 differnt places and didnt find anything? then..i highly doubt it is one.

and mohawk warriors found out about this NOW? why not decades ago BEFORE highpark was built. ??

dont bash on me guys but in my opinion, they jus wanted a little bit of the nice park turned into their burial ground so city can put up some signs up for them and etc.
__________________
noodles101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 02:27 PM   #28
noodles101
ΛΦΕ
 
noodles101's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Etobicoke / Waterloo
Posts: 1,483
more chance of small ground of a city park turned into a burial thing then protesting saying....yonge and finch condo is their burial ground.
__________________
noodles101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 06:20 PM   #29
DTM
2nd Gear Member
 
DTM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Etobicoke
Posts: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by StikiGreenZ View Post
You might feel differently if that were your father or grand father buried there. They have a legitimate claim on the land. You don't see anyone riding BMX's bouncing off tombstones right?
You're right that I might feel differently IF someone was buried there, but from what tests have shown is that in the location of the jumps themselves, there is no evidence of it being a burial ground of any sort. Also, yes, if there were marked graves then there would have never been jumps there in the first place. The fact remains is that it is city land, and I disagree that they have a legitimate claim to the land. Also, if they did, then they shouldn't impose themselves, hijack the land and intimidate others off of it. But seeing as they themselves are likely primitives, they have not the slightest clue on how to properly address the situation.
DTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 01:34 AM   #30
Euro_7
3rd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: toronto
Posts: 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by daytona View Post
We owe them???..which people did the natives take the land from?...or does your history of Canada starts in the late 1800...
Please do some research into 'Residential Schools', maybe you can enlighten yourself. These people have pride in what they are doing, and all the power to them. Why don't we protest the retarded gas prices or insurance rates for example...maybe because we lack that cohesiveness. We don't owe them anything, but the government sure as hell does and I am sure you can respect that.

DTM, the land claims have been an on-going issue for quite a while now. All land claims need to be processed through some bureaucratic bullshit. So they aren't primitive, but most likely just fed up with the government's bullshit. And instead of writing letters, calling, etc. the government, they have decided to step it up.
__________________

Last edited by Euro_7; 05-20-2011 at 01:42 AM.
Euro_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
camp, high park, mohawks, toronto

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2015