Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 7 series
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-06-2011, 10:37 AM   #1
chipmunk7
1st Gear Newbie

Thumbs down AnAnother Tint bite the dust beware of this shop.

So i finally had the time to go and get some tint done on the car here some few shots of before and after.

Product: LLumar
Setup is 20% front and 5%privacy all the rest.
Cost 250$

Before:

After:

Update day2 after 48 hours of curing and drying and blah blah blah

So off work going to the car to find bubbles pockets here and there all all windows ... OMG really!!!
Anywyas I call up the guy at itint.ca and ask him so then goes the argument ....
I talking to him very civilized stating the condition of the tint and his job .. And I said that I only give people 1 chance to prove that they can do a good job ... Then he goes tangling and start saying that I said he is ripping me of and blah blah blah ... Then he keep saying I've it 5 days give it 5 days.... C'mon I ain't no moron I have many cars in my life with tint job and I know how to differentiate a pocket of air and liquid between the film ..

So to express my dissatisfaction I ask if after 5 days hose pockets don't go away I want a refund ... Boy did he got piss like I kill his dog ... So anyways I won't recommend this place to anyone ...

We don't own cheap cars and I surely don't want a half @ss job...

I was careless didn't check .. But today after a nice wash everything showed up ...

Here are some pic dunno if u can see it but I can and when I press on it the bubble run around so to my 10 and some odd years of kidding cars it's deff bubbles ..

As you can see these are only a few they are everywhere omfg so much fir claiming to do Ferrari and crap ... @.@

So as for sharing my experience with everyone i would not recommend this ITINT.CA shop to anyone that expect a professional job.

I was so dumb for not researching here first... so now i have to bring it to richard in thornhill for him to remove the crappy job and redo everything for me.

Thank you for wasting your time reading this but i believe that forum like this are made for situation like this to be known and protect the each other $$$ and wasted time
chipmunk7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 02:47 PM   #2
VSanj
6th Gear Member

damn man, that would piss me off..........what is the cause of these?
Old 05-06-2011, 04:38 PM   #3
N!K
1st Gear Newbie

By the looks of it, might have been improper cleaning of the glass before applying the tint. Generally you get that kind of bubbles when dust gets trapped ether on glass or tint underside (the sticky side). There are ways to fix it, however it wont be perfect.

If you still need tinting done right with a life-time warranty (as long as you have that car) I can recommend a place.
N!K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 05:01 PM   #4
canuckder
4th Gear Member

Most places (MOST), will offer a lifetime guarantee.

Like the place I go to is called sound image in burlington, for 200 bucks he will tint a 4 day car, and give a life time guarantee against bubbles and fading.

Ive had 2 cars and refereed multiply and have never heard of anyone having to go back.

Good luck with the battle bro
Old 05-10-2011, 02:36 PM   #5
Bimmer p.i.
2nd Gear Member

Before you get it removed/replaced, I would suggest you take as many photos or video of it as possible, and go to Small Claims to get reimbursed for the cost of the fix-it job...provided that you got a receipt from the company.

In Ottawa, I always recommend Performance Auto on Triole - they are very reasonably priced and do a great job.
silver 2006 Dodge Charger SXT - performance chip, blue filter Cold Air Intake, 18" chrome 10-spoke rims, custom graphics, leather, custom vinyl interior dress-up, chrome trim package, chrome grill, custom "Punisher" hood badge
Bimmer p.i. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 03:16 PM   #6
Oyster
4th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to Oyster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer p.i. View Post
Before you get it removed/replaced, I would suggest you take as many photos or video of it as possible, and go to Small Claims to get reimbursed for the cost of the fix-it job...provided that you got a receipt from the company.

In Ottawa, I always recommend Performance Auto on Triole - they are very reasonably priced and do a great job.
all this for $250 back? factor in your hourly wage and you would loose money
Oyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 04:13 PM   #7
Boots R
Boots, not boost

+1 for richard at thornhill tints
Boots R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 12:35 AM   #8
SFX Group
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via Skype™ to SFX Group
pics of tints, pics of car, pic of bill of sale, letter to company, stating money back (i wouldnt let them fix it, to many things to damage in the car) then state what they offer to compensate (money terms),

Advise them you will pursue them for money in this letter, give them a dead line (remember post strike), 4 weeks normally, after this you can start a claim on this company to get some money back (50% would be ok, court would never give 100% as you have some goods (the tints).

Copyright 2014 - www.ashleygriffin.ca ::: Click to see my current second hand parts :::

::: My Videos :::
::: LED side indicators ::: Navigation Mk2 to Mk4 upgrade ::: Glovebox position damper ::: 740Li 2013 tour ::: Voice Control teaser trailer :::

>>> Click picture to see car used on TV as James Bond car <<<

SFX Group is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: