Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Specific Regional Topics > Quebec/Gatineau/Ottawa
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-30-2011, 05:19 PM   #1
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?

Unhappy so in keeping with tradition...

-
without malice or prejudice

I picked up my bike from where it had been 'stored' for 10months.

I call the local new yamaha dealer on hawthorne, bike was out that way. I say my carbs need some work. 'yeah uhm we don't like to take those, yeah even after 6-7hours of labor we can't get em to run right' no seriously, thats what he said. I actually said 'well thats fk'n confidence inspiring' so i end up calling 'motorsports world' they've been there forever. explain that the front cylinder is not firing, had gotten progressively worse over the last few summers, now shooting raw gas. 'ok no problem 2,4hrs of labor' So i get it there 1 week before victoria day long weekend.

they call say theres a plethora of problems, half are not important. they say one of the front brake calliper pistons won't retract.. and it was squeeking a little rolling upto lights, so i say ok.

Day before long weekend they call 'uhm yeah we can't get pressure in your in brakes, never seen anything like it. we're going to leave it over night maybe airs in there, but if that don't do it you;ll need a master cylinder rebuild' at this point im like uhmm yeah odd considering i've never had anyproblems with the brakes...so no bike over long weekend..

go to pick it up the following saturday the 28th - they said it was ready. front brake lever is completely spongey no grip till its almost at the bar. but both cylinders were firing & i didn't think they'd let it roll out if it were unsafe - lol. I complain of brakes, say i'll play with the adjuster & bring it back if i have no results, service guy said he'd make a note of it. I just want to ride my bike -I pay them over $1000 bux. it was 10 mins before Closing time.

So I'm maybe 10 blocks down the road and i realize just how much of my back brake im using cause my front had next to no pressure Oh And My Front Cylinder Cuts out..
perfect should've totally expected it in fact, but still it bums me out..

so wiggling my fron ignition wire around sunday i get some sparc i decide to take it from my gf's to a store 20 blocks away, was a nice day. so a block before we get into the stores parking lot im like why is the bike deceling so quick. by the time i entered the lot I almost Dumped it turning into a spot Because My FRONT BRAKES WERE NOW COMPLETEY SEIZED ...

So got caa there with a flat bed.
by the time the truck got there they unseized, but i wasn't risking it. get it back to their shop. no key slot or exhaust ports, so i had to drive today to drop off the key. I keep my calm even after hearing awesome things like 'well we told you there were problems with that cylinder' --yeah!? show me on the bill - show me the compression test!, show me your estimate to fix this problem your talking about, etc..

WTF!?

cliffs:
-bike shop does work on front brakes
-not even what it went in for
-brakes SEIZE 1 day later, almost causing a crash! needed to be towed.
Old 05-30-2011, 10:19 PM   #2
bmwconnect
BMW Tuner

Diy!
bmwconnect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 12:18 AM   #3
Eurostyle
MaXsponsor

Bikes are so fun and easy to work on, i would not let anyone tuch my machines other then safety! Parts are very reasonable so if you DIY you can rebuild most of the bike for the $$$ you spent at that shop.
Most models E30 E36 E46 E90 E92 E34 E39 E60 E32 E38 E65 E66 X5 M3 M5

Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578
New inventory daily. 50+ cars in stock!
Eurostyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 11:34 AM   #4
Philboski
3rd Gear Member

1) They worked on the brakes and now they do not work when before, they did.

2) The problem with the front cylinder is supposed to be fixed. It is not.

I would take it back to them and calmly and rationally explain the situation to the service manager. Point out that your brakes seizing, and the engine cutting power are safety issues, and that you are dissatisfied with the service. Ask them to solve the problem, but be sure that a different tech is on it this time.

If this fails to work, a calm letter to the dealership principal is often very effective.
Philboski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 04:15 PM   #5
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?

So completely forgot to mention - the day i dropped my keys off, after the tow..
I said to the part owner of motorsports world 'who knows now maybe my rotors are warped & my pads cooked. him 'rotors... no they're fine our mechanic just test rode it' I was so wound up in circular arguing bs that i didn't even realize that till after i had left.. I had just dropped off the keys no one had test driven anything.

They also after my orig call describing the problem (front cyl cutting out) said 'yup no problem bring it in - 2hrs labor to clean carbs' BUT AFTER ITS THERE ITS: 'well yamaha doesn't make or sell carb parts for that model anymore, so if we take it apart & something breaks your SOL -But its your ignition wire & we 're-wired that'

I found out quickly that ebay seems to have lots of carb parts & parts in general. One would also have to assume they got a bulliten from yamaha..
again they were all 'sure no problem' & theres 2.5hrs on my bill that says carb cleaning - which requires removal & some dissasembly. so is that just 'duh' or an actual 'fraud' ??

--
talking with them after re-dropping off keys they said they took the brakes apart again & are a.ok and that my fron cyl is working 99% of the time

I said so what are you going to do for me (refund)? them: see on your bill where it says 1hr, yeah well it was actually 1.5hrs so we've already discounted your price....me: pal im glad im not across the counter from your right now with your bs.

so i picked up my still sputtering, dropping one cylinder 'Fixed' bike, oddly a uniformed police officer stepped out of an adjacent biz, was he there at their request or just on his own biz? was tempted to go ask if he had a min to ask what the legal definition of fraud is, but i had no time, person with me said wut are you stupid they'll just tell you to go to small claims court. random

-
Cliffs:
-they say bring it in no problem (for carbs) then tell me they can't get carb pars
-they lie to my face, discounted me nothing
& my bike still sputters on 1 intermittent cylinder.

**Called another yami dealer: Q: can you can get carb parts for X, float bowl, etc. A: Yes even if its aftermarket, may take some digging but parts are out there!

fuk my life

Last edited by bmdbley'sBro; 06-03-2011 at 05:04 PM.
bmdbley'sBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 05:06 PM   #6
Philboski
3rd Gear Member

Yamaha doesn't make or sell parts for it but others might.

Try this forum, they might be able to steer you to a competent mechanic.

http://www.ott-motorcycles.ca/
Philboski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 09:29 PM   #7
sb_600
5th Gear Member

let me know if you still need a mechanic - one of the guys i work with used to be a mechanic for motorsports world and still does side jobs. He could probably help you out.
1992 BMW 325i (CHUMPCAR #296 - Metric Homes Racing)
1992 3.0L M52 325i (ex-daily driver - track car only)
2002 330Ci (ex-daily driver - sold!)

sb_600 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: