Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-05-2011, 11:25 AM   #1
Pedro
2nd Gear Member

E36 Depo LED Angeleyes Headlights

Can anyone give me a feedback on these headlights, thinking of putting them on my car soon. Let me know if its a good buy.
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 01:48 PM   #2
Boots R
Boots, not boost

Where are you getting them from?
Boots R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 11:38 PM   #3
Pedro
2nd Gear Member

well I have being doing the search on ebay, getting some good prices. Just not sure how reliable they are? I don't want to run in to foggy lens or failed angel eyes.
Old 05-09-2011, 11:03 AM   #4
Boots R
Boots, not boost

DEPOs are widely used by e36 guys. I myself have DEPOs and they work great.
Old 05-09-2011, 12:12 PM   #5
Pedro
2nd Gear Member

where did you get yours? And how much did you pay for it.
Old 05-09-2011, 12:24 PM   #6
noodles101
ΛΦΕ

umnitza.com or
ddumtuning . both great websites.

usually ddmtuning is little cheaper.

im waiting on my LED angel eyes as well, i heard depo headlights are good

no need to spend crazy amount of money on zkws.
Old 05-09-2011, 01:16 PM   #7
Bimmer p.i.
2nd Gear Member

I have them and I love them - BUT what you get on eBay is from China, and while the price is right, quality control is not a high priority! Mine showed up missing wiring and a harness for one of the lights, and had to be completely rewired to work. I also bought eBay turn signals, and when they showed, only had wiring for either turn signals OR parking lights - not both. Which was ok, because I wanted the parking lights disabled, anyway - but they didn't know that.

So - DEPO lights GOOD. eBay - Caveat Emptor
silver 2006 Dodge Charger SXT - performance chip, blue filter Cold Air Intake, 18" chrome 10-spoke rims, custom graphics, leather, custom vinyl interior dress-up, chrome trim package, chrome grill, custom "Punisher" hood badge
Bimmer p.i. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 01:16 PM   #8
Boots R
Boots, not boost

i bought mine off umnitza about 5 years ago. Had them pre-installed with angel eyes and i think i paid in the mid-300 range
Old 05-09-2011, 01:29 PM   #9
jon.e
2nd Gear Member

I just bought mine about 2 weeks ago. The car looks completely different. Aside from the shipping taking forever. I would def. recommend them. Only thing is, I dont know how i would be able to get an hid kit to work with it, because it converts the 9006 blulbs to h1. The plastic is very brittle so your likly to crack it making your corner lights loose. Youll need to drill a hole in the corner light to fasten it properly.

If i were to choose again. I would retrofit and old style headlight.
jon.e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 01:37 PM   #10
Boots R
Boots, not boost

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon.e View Post
I just bought mine about 2 weeks ago. The car looks completely different. Aside from the shipping taking forever. I would def. recommend them. Only thing is, I dont know how i would be able to get an hid kit to work with it, because it converts the 9006 blulbs to h1. The plastic is very brittle so your likly to crack it making your corner lights loose. Youll need to drill a hole in the corner light to fasten it properly.

If i were to choose again. I would retrofit and old style headlight.
many HID kits come with H1 bulbs, that fit easily into the DEPO projectors.

Also, my corner lights fit easily beside the headlights, i dont know why you had to drill anything?
Old 05-09-2011, 02:01 PM   #11
jon.e
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boots R View Post
many HID kits come with H1 bulbs, that fit easily into the DEPO projectors.

Also, my corner lights fit easily beside the headlights, i dont know why you had to drill anything?
By the sounds of it, you paid to have yours installed. I do all my work myself. The tab the corner light goes into sometimes cracks on those cheap plastic housings. Would u rather spend 50 bucks on a new housing and take apart your new headlights or would u rather drill a small hole into your corner light and fasten it that way. Its a very common problem, a few of my friends have had this problem, aswell as myself.

Yea any h1 bulbs fit into these depo lights I know that, but would that mean you would have to buy a 9006 kit? and then h1 bulbs? I have still yet to figure this one yet. Buy a 9006 kit, then an h1 kit and do the wiring yourself to make it work? My depos came with the wiring harness so i can use the 9006 connectors but my bulbs in my projectors are h1.
???

Last edited by jon.e; 05-09-2011 at 02:06 PM.
Old 05-09-2011, 02:03 PM   #12
jon.e
2nd Gear Member

delete
Old 05-09-2011, 02:42 PM   #13
Boots R
Boots, not boost

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon.e View Post
By the sounds of it, you paid to have yours installed. I do all my work myself. The tab the corner light goes into sometimes cracks on those cheap plastic housings. Would u rather spend 50 bucks on a new housing and take apart your new headlights or would u rather drill a small hole into your corner light and fasten it that way. Its a very common problem, a few of my friends have had this problem, aswell as myself.

Yea any h1 bulbs fit into these depo lights I know that, but would that mean you would have to buy a 9006 kit? and then h1 bulbs? I have still yet to figure this one yet. Buy a 9006 kit, then an h1 kit and do the wiring yourself to make it work? My depos came with the wiring harness so i can use the 9006 connectors but my bulbs in my projectors are h1.
???
i installed the DEPOs myself in my driveway. I didn't install the HIDs though, so i can't answer that question.
Old 05-09-2011, 05:21 PM   #14
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

ddm tuning stopped carrying depos...

only dj autos which have better plastics.

an hid kit in halogen projectors is fail. do it properly(retrofit) or leave it alone
Old 05-09-2011, 07:31 PM   #15
yellowfever3
2nd Gear Member

i got the depo projectors, glass lense. no angel eyes. i installed hid's in it. just had to dremel out the opening a bit to fit the bulb in properly. i think its an h1 bulb. cant remember. fit nice. only thing with the depo headlight assembly is that its pretty cheap quality plastic. have to be reeeaaall gentle while installing the corners, or the guides will snap off. doesnt take much pressure either. and the clip for the low beam cover is pretty weak as well. be very cautious.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: