Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > For Sale > BMW Cars For Sale
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-01-2011, 10:09 AM   #1
L8 Apexr
2nd Gear Member

1990 325is with mods for sale

Due to unexpected bills I'm putting the toy up for sale,I'd rather sell the DD but thats not practical for the family needs.
Here's the list of improvements,most have been done over the winter while in storage,M52 from a '98 328is converted to obd1,rebuilt head with M3 cams,M50 intake,stainless header,full stainless exhaust,new brakes,new hubs,z3 shifter,full ground control kit with camber plates,shortened and powdercoated housings,custom valved koni adjustables,new windsheild,shaved emblems and antenna,16x7.5 AC schnitzers with new yokohoma S.drives.Car is CLEAN and rust free(was a southern car),the build didn't start with a rust bucket,your more than welcome to come and crawl under the car,I've nothing to hide.
I intended to keep this car for a LONG time so I spared no expense in making it what I wanted,I have over 11k in it as it sits and fully understand I'll never get that.
I'm going to ask 9k obo,please no silly comments-this hurts me to sell enough as it is.For those that want lower,the car can go nearly 2 inches lower than these pics.

L8 Apexr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 01:32 PM   #2
3x Beemer
4th Gear Member

ah beautifal. I wish my driveway was bigger. interior pics? how old is the paint
3x Beemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 02:57 PM   #3
L8 Apexr
2nd Gear Member

Thanks,the paint was done by the previous owner a couple of years ago from my understanding.I have a fellow looking for interior pics as well,going to go out and take some now.
Old 05-01-2011, 03:37 PM   #4
L8 Apexr
2nd Gear Member

Here's the interior pics,as you can see the drivers seat has the usual wear spot,the rest is in pretty good condition-sorry its a little dirty though.I hadn't decided wether to go looking for a good drivers seat or replace both fronts with aftermarket.

Old 05-01-2011, 09:17 PM   #5
mario09
Adrenaline Junky

would love this car but cant afford 9gs
mario09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 10:33 PM   #6
L8 Apexr
2nd Gear Member

Yes I understand,9k is alot for an old bmw no doubt.Not much of it is old though so....

I'm toying with the idea of parting it,seems a shame if it came to that.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:08 AM   #7
ismail
2nd Gear Member

Awesome car....I can imagine this thing is quick!
ismail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 08:39 AM   #8
massih
1st Gear Newbie

Beautiful e30. I'm going to pm you tonight.
Heres a few questions...
How many miles are on the body and the motor? What kind of experience do you have with bmws(you did all the improvements yourself, right)? Does it need anything to serve as a DD? Also, what's the pricetag for good condition seats?
massih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 12:34 PM   #9
The Twin
3rd Gear Member

If you decided to part out, I'm def interested in those wheels
The Twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 01:23 PM   #10
InfiniteDice
14 Years with the E30

The exterior looks nice and clean, most likely it was a 318i. The interior is a bit of a frankenstein.

To sell for 9k you're really going to need pics of all the body work before and after, and pics of the engine bay. People here on the site are very fine tuned to every nuance of the e30. 9k for a m50'd 318 is a bit high.

As a board member we help other members so everyone gets treated fairly, this is my intention.

Outwardly a very nice choice in styling, get us more pics.

GLWS,

Performance one step at a time.
InfiniteDice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 02:00 PM   #11
craz azn
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to craz azn
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteDice View Post
The exterior looks nice and clean, most likely it was a 318i. The interior is a bit of a frankenstein.

To sell for 9k you're really going to need pics of all the body work before and after, and pics of the engine bay. People here on the site are very fine tuned to every nuance of the e30. 9k for a m50'd 318 is a bit high.

As a board member we help other members so everyone gets treated fairly, this is my intention.

Outwardly a very nice choice in styling, get us more pics.

GLWS,
I'd wager my money on the shell being a 325 shell, not a 318. There is a few clues about the car that would suggest it isn't, most noteably having the proper exhaust cutout at the back.

The only part about the interior that I question is the carpet (odd colour). Aside from a few trim pieces missing here and there, it would be easy to clean up and make it look very presentable.

I think 9k for a 24v E30 is spot on... a couple swap cars come to mind that I believe have sold for over 10, for example Zimmies old E30. Not to mention this car has an M52, and cams. A lot more than just a simple M50

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |
craz azn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 02:23 PM   #12
InfiniteDice
14 Years with the E30

Yeah you do have a point there.

9k... I still don't know. I can buy a lot with 9k. Again, we'd need to see details on the body work and pics of the engine bay. Right now without those... it's in the 5k range IMHO.

Performance one step at a time.
InfiniteDice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 02:59 PM   #13
jeremy
6th Gear Member

The carpet looks to be painted with interior paint....it almost looks like you can see a hint of grey poking out from under the center console?

The car looks really nice from the outside. GLWS
jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 05:46 PM   #14
L8 Apexr
2nd Gear Member

I agree completely regarding the price,I certainly had no intention of doing the work and then selling it after putting less than 300kms on it.
I also have no pics of the body prior to the work,I purchased it as you see it,it is in very good condition and I have no problem stating that.Do I think a modded classic beauty like this to be worth 9k?-in a heartbeat.Do I think I'd get it,not much of a chance.This is my 1st bmw but I've owned over 30 cars and trucks so I'm well versed in the game.
My best option is likely to part it,there is no chance in hell the car is only worth 5k.

If serious people are interested in the full ground control set-up,the engine and all swap stuff,the wheels and tires(new 205-50-16 yokohama S.drives)drop me a line.I won't start parting untill I have people in line for the big ticket stuff 1st.Been there done that before.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:04 PM   #15
defaultName
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8 Apexr View Post
I'm toying with the idea of parting it
PM sent
defaultName is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: