Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Track Junkies
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-18-2002, 09:18 PM   #1
SWHEEEET
2nd Gear Member

Years ago I out ran a cop in a very short race

Now this was years ago (probably around 6 or 7 years ago). The car I was driving was an '84 Camero. I was driving north on the new(er) highway 6 (also known as the Hanlon Parkway in Guelph). I was approaching a bridge and before I knew it I passed through the cops radar.... I was going about 120 km/h. The speed limit was 80.... Well I floored it even harder. I am not sure if it was out of fear that I thought I would be able to get away. At the next next (which leads to a street) I exited at the last second probably going faster then 60. Surprisingly the car handled that corner really well. The cop was hot on my tail lights and siren. I took another turn after about a block and then another and then another. The whole time slowing down my speed as I was in a residential area now
I guess luck was on my side I lost him.... Now this is the silly part. Me not thinking at all I figured they would be looking for a dark blue camero and I thought the best thing to do is hang out in some spot for a few hours and then drive straight home. So what place did I pick? Tim Hortons! Oddly enough it worked

For the next few weeks though I drove really slow...

How SWHEEEET is that
SWHEEEET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2002, 09:56 PM   #2
azn330i
2nd Gear Member

wow ur lucky man!! an angel mite have been on ur side

but anyways, i've heard a lot of these stories about running away from cops. It sure sounds fun but what if you get caught, i dun even want to think of what the consequences are.

i try my best to avoid a ticket and i haven't gotten one yet.......we'll just hafta see what happens to me, the first time sirens start sounding behind me ......

azn330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2002, 11:37 PM   #3
'88 325e
5th Gear Member

Me and cops

I have had my share of speeding tickets (2 nice ones). I just slowed down right away. Pull over and tell him the truth. I'm not tryin' to get out of a ticket or anything and they (cops) will usually take it easy on ya. I tell ya it is not worth it running from cops.

Randy(empowerd), Kevin(straight_6), and I (Dave aka:'88 325e) started up Bimmercruize '01. Bimmercruize '02 is on Sunday August 11th! So if you need details about the show please contact us!
L8R,
Dave
'88 325e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2002, 09:06 AM   #4
SWHEEEET
2nd Gear Member

I too have had my share of speeding tickets.... three all together over a peroid fo almost 11 years. The other thing is you see them on the news... Bad accidents from speeding cars like the one last night involving a Porche 911.

How SWHEEEET is that
Old 02-21-2002, 09:54 AM   #5
djcontra
Gets Blown Daily

Send a message via ICQ to djcontra Send a message via MSN to djcontra Send a message via Yahoo to djcontra
I've avoided two tickets by losing cops before.
reason being if i get one more ticket i get my license suspended.

First time i was racing along kingston road doing about 180km/h and then the sirens start blaring. I pull off at the first side street i see (since i know the area really well since it was near where i lived) i raced around the neighborhood knowing the cop was not too far behind. Believe it or not, i pulled into somebody's driveway and parked my car, then jumped out and hid in a bush. when the car drove by, i started to walk away. I picked up my car about an hour later without a problem, but i was freaked out for the rest of the night.

The second time was also right near where i live, and i raced a buddy's MX-6. Needless to say i won the race, but during the 3rd gear doing about 120km/h in a 50 zone the sirens start blazing, they were actually waiting for a race to happen (which usually does down this one strip of road). At the end of the street, my buddy pulls into a busy town house parking lot hoping to lose them amongst the cars, and i just pulled over the roundabout and proceeded to get out of my car, knowing this was my last ride ever. The cop pulls up beside me and says "Having Fun?!?!?"
and then i was just in shock and said nothing. He asked "Who was in that other car??" and i just stated "Just some guys i met up with here". The cop just rolled into the parking lot looking for my buddy's car, and i had the choice of waiting, or bolting the F*CK out of there! I decided to do option 2. The cop left me there and i was out of his sight! I just floored it and parked at my home, then walked back to find my friend. He got questioned by the cop, but didn't get a ticket. I dont know why the cop let us both off, but i praise him for being a cool fellow. I think it's because we both took the situation maturely and didn't give the cop any hassell, but i'll never know.

1st race was in my yellow f355 replicar, and the 2nd was in my bimmer.

'94 Supercharged E36 325is (150,000 original km's)
Mods
-Vortech V9 G-Trim @ ~10psi w/ BOV
-Shortstack headers
-Vortech RRFPR
-255LPH Walbro fuel pump
-TEIN SS Coilovers w/ Pillowball mounts
-Keskin KT1 17x8.5 & 17x10
-Remus full catback
-Authentic Rieger Infinity I body kit
-SMT6 EMS (Untuned)

djcontra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 12:15 PM   #6
Harry
4th Gear Member

yeah, ive done the same, 3 times. Best time was on the 401, out near montreal. I passed a cop going about 160 and knew i was screwed. at this point I had 14 points on my licence, and therefore nothing to lose. So i floored it. I got up to about 210 and kept going. First offramp i saw, i got off and got back on going the opposite direction. Passed the cop going the opposite way, with sirens flashing. Laughed my ass off about that one.

Ive also had more than my fair share of tickets, 7 in the last 6 years, so insurance is apparently a bitch now.
Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 01:19 PM   #7
SWHEEEET
2nd Gear Member

Remind me NOT to get in a car with you... LOL j/k

How SWHEEEET is that
Old 03-01-2002, 07:59 PM   #8
Harry
4th Gear Member

thats what most people say..

Quote:
Remind me NOT to get in a car with you... LOL j/k
Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2002, 12:37 AM   #9
SickFinga

Re: Me and cops

Quote:
Originally posted by '88 325e
I have had my share of speeding tickets (2 nice ones). I just slowed down right away. Pull over and tell him the truth. I'm not tryin' to get out of a ticket or anything and they (cops) will usually take it easy on ya. I tell ya it is not worth it running from cops.
that's so true. I got just one ticket. I was doing 154km/h on the 401. I saw a cop but it was too late, soon he was on my back
I pulled over, he asked Do u know why I stopped you. I said YES
he asked and how fast were you going? I said 130?
he said I got 154 on my radar.
he took my drivin licence and said that he is putting 115km/h on the ticket so I'm not gonna get points
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2002, 08:53 AM   #10
Furious
BMW again.

wow bro thats crazy,, i was gonna try that once but i think i was too scared to outrun a cop even thoughhe was going the wrong way when he busted me,,,,anyways your lucky that the tim hortons trick worked,,,,
Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2002, 06:45 PM   #11
Mr seville
6th Gear Member

there was probably the same cop going through a drive through saying to himself "should i catch him and give him a ticket or finish my donut?"
Mr seville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2002, 03:00 PM   #12
M5 Fanatic
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to M5 Fanatic
Man! without these Yall would all be recieving these posts in jail*devil*

+the cops don't actually do anything that makes u pullover....stopping is "recommended"

Everyone knock on wood!!!!

-Real Rebels Ride Bavarian Rockets-
M5 Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: